Lord of the Rings!!!

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 10:10 am
HI everyone!!!

I love Lord of the Rings!! Anyone who has seen it I want to know who your favorite charcter is. What your favorite battle is. WHich of the three movies was your favorite.

So if you have seen Lotr come and chat with me!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 660 • Replies: 12
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 10:57 am
Fave character: Legolas, although the killing competitions with Gimli really disturb me.
Fave battle: Hmm, probably the last one, where everyone stands around, kind of waiting to see what will happen to the Great Eye.
Which film was fave? Third, although I miss the scouring of the shire though I do get it that the film could not have been made really any longer than it was.

Still disappointed that Jackson didn't make The Hobbit into a film.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 10:58 am
We've had many LOTR threads but another I suppose won't hurt. Welcome to A2K, Lotr freak, and hope you get some response. The forum is really more for discussing films in depth but a little chat likely never hurt anyone.

My favorite character (maybe because at a World Sci-Fi Convention, I went to the costume ball as that very character) is Gandalf.

Althought the final battle is grand, The Battle at Helm's Deep is my favorite. It's a toss up as to the best films as Jackson moved some chapters around but I still give "The Return of the King" the edge. This could be because I haven't watched all the extended versions which I have and want to see them from the beginning sometime in the near future. I did take the ROTK to a friends house as she hadn't seen it and the extended version is spectacular. My favorite of the books was "The Two Towers."
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 11:09 am
I like several characters- my favorite character from the book was Meriadoc Brandybuck (Merry). I thought he and Peregrin Took (Pippin) were not well developed or utilized fully in the first film.

I thought the psychological clash between Gollum and Smeagol was well done, although I often wondered how Gollum kept that loincloth from falling off.

I am grateful that Jackson completely left out Tom Bombadil, who I felt was a weak character that added little if anything to the book.

I agree that with the success of the Ring Trilogy, Jackson should go back and do The Hobbit.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 11:20 am
I am not a big Tom Bombadil fan -- a diversion in the first book that made little sense to me even if LOTR fans have taken to him.

I would like to see Jackson do "The Hobbit."

Internationally he's made money with "King Kong," over $500M but as far as fantasy goes, I have a myriad of fantasy and sci-fi I'd like to see him tackle. "Mission of Gravity" for one.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 11:25 am
Oh yeah, leaving out Tom Bombadil. Excellent idea.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 12:46 pm
At first I thought the conversation in LOTR was a tad bit melodramatical, but then I realized that it's supposed to be taken like that. I'm over it, and I think they were great movies.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 02:30 pm
I'd have to say the second one was my favorite. I read the books after seeing the movies so the first one took a lot of character and storyline attention. I really liked the way the second one just took off from the first without a recap of what had already happened.

My fave characters were Pippin and Merry. They just made me smile.

The battle at Helm's Deep was the best.

Each New Year's Eve for the three years the films were released we made it a tradition to go to an early dinner, catch an evening show, and get home just in time for midnight. The last two NYEs just haven't been the same.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 02:31 pm
jespah wrote:
Fave character: Legolas...

You like the silent type, Jes? Cool
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 04:24 pm
With blond braids, I suppose. Smile
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 09:08 am
It couldn't be because it was Orlando Bloom in elven drag?
0 Replies

Lotr freak

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 11:30 am
Legolas is definitely my favorite too.

My favorite battle is Pelennor fields. I think that it has the most excitment to it.

My favorite of the 3 films was the first one.
(sorry, I forgot to tell you that in the first post)
0 Replies

Kehoe

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 09:56 pm
I love all three.
I love Viggo.
0 Replies