Jesus...fact or fiction?

Eorl

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 06:05 pm
I think Jesus probably existed, even if Paul made him up....in which case Jesus could be interchangeable with Paul....the teachings of "insert name" are the teachings of somebody.

It's 100% certain that not everything the bible says about him is true - the contradictions are proof of that.

I think it's highly unlikely that 100% of what the bible says about him is false...even if he is actually a montage of real people and semi-real stories.

Therefore Occams Razor makes me think there was a Jesus.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 06:11 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Oops I forgot, I'm the gnome. nevermind.

you're gnomebody, till somebody loves you
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 12:38 am
material girl wrote:
Scientology, is that the one that Tom Cruise follows?
Dont they believe that we came from outer space and we are aliens?
Thats a tad more believable than the Bible but not much.

Tom Cruise LOOKS quite sensible.

Just remember he makes his living by being able to pretend to be what he is not.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 11:19 am
Everybody knows what Jesus looked like, but it is not necessarily true. Earliest depictions of Jesus, in ancient Christian catacombs, showed him clean-shaven. The image we have of him is largely shaped by collective imagination and early artists.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 11:47 am
Everybody knows what Jesus looks like? Shocked I don't. I can imagine what He looks like but I don't know. Equus, do you mean they know because of descriptions and renderings of people of those times?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 12:38 pm
Jesus is real, in that he is a primary archetypal image (myth) that taps deeply into the human psyche. That is why it is so hard for even non Christians to shake him off.
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 10:54 pm
not really, i can shake him off my head at anytime and think of praying to god instead, when i pray to god, hes never in mind or soul, for god is greater than he is.

"She converted to Islam over a decade ago and looks back to an event in Sunday school as a harbinger of the change that was to come."

"The teacher told us that God sees and hears everything, but that he sent his son Jesus as an intermediary to the world," she recalls.

"I went home and told my mother that if God sees and hears everything, I don't need a mediator."

"Now, as a Muslim, if I pray for help, I pray directly,"

http://www.swissinfo.org/sen/swissinfo.html?siteSect=106&sid=5416761
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 10:34 pm
I wonder how many people who post here will be considered either fact or fiction......a couple thousand years from now.

Maybe we won't be considered at all.

oops.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 05:50 am
But none of us will be considered a god, so in the context of the discussion, it wouldn't matter.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 07:51 am
edgarblythe wrote:
But none of us will be considered a god, so in the context of the discussion, it wouldn't matter.

Speak for yourself, Edgarblythe! Laughing
0 Replies