Momma Angel's Farewell to A2K

JLNobody

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 03:53 pm
Momma, A2K can continue to be an important part of your life. You say you live a fairly reclusive existence with your cats. I should think that making social contact with people on A2K would serve you well. There are MANY, MANY forums on all kinds of interesting topics by means of which you can keep up pleasant social connections. I've even met some of the delightful and interesting A2Kers.
But regarding the contests you find hard to weather. I find it very useful to use people like you as foils; your declarations of belief give me the opportunity to discover how I feel about things. When I forge a response, a counter to something you've said, I learn something about my mind. When you are countered by others, you may learn something from them (just as they may learn from you), and if you don't agree with them, take the opportunity to articulate your beliefs in a (self-discovering) counter. Just ignore those who act beyond the bounds of civility--like poopityhead Dyslexia.
I repeat, I don't think you will benefit from leaving. Remember Nietzsche's famous saying, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." A2K is a veritable gymnasiuim. And it provides company.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 03:54 pm
[quote="farmerman"]Anybody who takes care of unwanted cats has gotta be good. Where we differ is that I feel that your goodness isnt derived from something supernatural.
Otherwise I have to go along with parados, seeing the other guys side without getting excited is a learned skill. Youre still developing yours. Why leave when your getting good?

I quit your "I cant see red" thread because I thought it was more of a puzzle and not a spoke of your creed. I quit when I realized that your concrete had setup and you couldnt say anything except'Youre thinking this tomuch"
Thats what we do here. Hell, Ive seen people rgue over definitions of words that werent even the point of the thread.

Im giving 7to5 that youre back before 2 weeks. If not, whether you like it or not--youre Family.[/quote]
I really would like everyone to understand something. I do not hold any one of you responsible for how I feel.

Of all the posts, this one of farmerman's made me cry the hardest. Family? I'm Family? That is how I feel about all of you! I am a very emotional person. I can't and won't deny that.

In reading these posts, I have realized that there are some fences that I need to mend for things I didn't even realize that I did. But, I hope everyone will let me mend them.

I don't want to quit A2K. I love A2K. Heck, I'm friggin addicted to A2K! I just felt that a couple of things that had happened were doing more harm than good. But I promise, when I tell someone why I am doing something, that is the reason I am doing it. My husband (yeah, he's a bit biased I realize that) will tell you that I am one of the most honest and loyal people he has ever met. I wear my heart on my sleeve and unfortunately, forget that not everyone else does.

As for the Seeing Red Thread, farmerman, I promise you, I was not trying to set up anything. It was the only way I could think of to try to get some to understand that I can't explain God or how I know God exists. I guess I didn't do a very good job of conveying that. But that is all there was to it. I have learned so much (I can't tell you how many words of yours I have had to look up) and I love it. I love to learn! I may not learn as quickly as some think I should and I don't know if I will ever really get this strawman thing down, but I am trying.

I do have to talk to a couple of posters that I have a bit of an issue with. I'm not going to do any other posting until I do that. But, I wanted everyone to know that I have been sitting here crying at all the wonderful things you have said and I am considering everything said to me.

I hope you can forgive my emotionalism.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 03:58 pm
Doktor S wrote:
Being a veteran of many many forums, I have learned one thing:
The overwhelming amount of 'goodbye' threads are not acompanied by anyone permanently leaving.
At worst, I see her posting a little less for a while, then gradually working back up to her old post frequency.
My prediction of the day.

I don't think you'd find anyone who'd bet against you.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 03:59 pm
You are family Momma.

You are that crazy aunt that pinches my cheeks too hard and slips me candy when my mom tells me I can't have it. But whatever us kids do, we know not to get you started on certain topics.

How was the drive? What about those grey clouds? Do you think the rain will turn to snow?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 04:02 pm
Who else will keep Setanta entertained until the political silly season re-starts?
0 Replies

sozobe

It ended?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Momma,
I hope you stay, but I also hope you will drop the bold blue. It hurts my eyes.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/Intrepid2/Wave.gif
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 04:03 pm
I hope you reconsider Momma A. You are such a good hearted person, it's nice to have you around. Them lil smilies a yers have perked me up many a time!

I almost left shortly after I first came here because I went to play on the politics forum and they're mean over there. If you're a youngun (as in how long you've been on A2K) you're torn to bits at best, ignored completely at worst... Smile But before I gave up I found out that everyone scary is nice on other threads. Even the politics sharks play nice in the word games!

So I stuck around. Sometimes I'll stick me neck out in a serious discussion (and usually regret it) but mostly just goof off. And I'm glad that I did, I hope you do too. And as others have mentioned, just avoid the one or two people ya just can't stand . . . Wink
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 04:03 pm
Soz, you've got to admit that U.S. politics are having a bit of a quiet spot. Rawther boring <sigh>.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 04:04 pm
True. Always silly, tho.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 04:12 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Your support is noted Brandon

Oh, pardon, me. I guess I have to blindly support everyone no matter what they do or say.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 04:15 pm
He can't pardon you--he's not the Governor.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 04:16 pm
Well, if I am going to be the one to keep Setanta entertained I need to get some new material! Laughing

Will this color do, Intrepid?

Or this one?
Or this one?
Or this one? (At least this one matches my angel dress. :wink:)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 04:17 pm
Momma- See! Now you are getting the hang of it. It is SO important that a woman's words match her avatar! Very Happy
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 04:18 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
There are very, very few members who have ever left here because of harsh talk. One is tempted to suspect that your beliefs are not strong enough to withstand questioning.

why not change your name to dick9000?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 04:18 pm
If she leaves, I suppose that I am doomed to go back to trading insults with Mr. Setanta on various political topics.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 04:25 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
If she leaves, I suppose that I am doomed to go back to trading insults with Mr. Setanta on various political topics.[/quote

With your disposition you are doomed period IMO Laughing
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 04:25 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Oh, pardon, me. I guess I have to blindly support everyone no matter what they do or say.

Isn't that in the TOS? Better reread 'em, buddy.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 04:36 pm
Setanta,

Sit back and be prepared to be entertained! Here's some popcorn!http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Food_and_Drinks/Salted_Snacks/Popcorn_tub.gif Peaches! Get out of Setanta's popcorn! That darn cat! http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Hobbies_and_Entertainment/Circus/Laughing_head.gif

Brandon,

http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Creatures_and_Cartoons/Warcraft/Knight_2.gif Questions? I don't see no stinkin questions! Bring 'em on, baby!
http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Hobbies_and_Entertainment/Circus/kissing_clown.gif
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 04:39 pm
Did this just become the "Setanta is leaving A2K forever" thread?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 11:53:07