Momma Angel's Farewell to A2K

timberlandko

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:54 pm
I'm cookin, 'k, it'll be ready when she gets here - not romantic so much as practical - why clean the kitchen twice? Mr. Green
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:55 pm
Don't need to clean the kitchen twice, just need to clean up an extra place setting. Don't squirm out of it, you're a romantic!
0 Replies

farmerman

red beans and rice, used to live on that stuff. I like it with kielbasi. They had really shitty kielbasi in NAwlins so thats why the andouille. Its great with big hunks of crusty bread and a nice Montrachet 9except ehn I lived there we could only afford champipple.
0 Replies

Lash

That's sweet! Good for Mrs. Timber.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:04 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Spendius worthy?

Is Spendius some new kind of female contraceptive?

Or am I overly-Seinfelded?

You can never be too rich, too thin, or overly Seinfelded.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 11:17 am
Timber
timberlandko wrote:
I'm cookin, 'k, it'll be ready when she gets here - not romantic so much as practical - why clean the kitchen twice? Mr. Green

Can I come to dinner if I bring some red and green chilli's from Albuquerque. I will even leave the dogs home.

BBB
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 11:41 am
Oh go ahead and bring the pups - a couple more make no difference whatsoever here ... prolly wouldn't even be noticed.

And those peppers - you betchya - I've got some great Tex-Mex recipes. You really oughtta taste my Venison Chilli.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 11:46 am
Timber
timberlandko wrote:
Oh go ahead and bring the pups - a couple more make no difference whatsoever here ... prolly wouldn't even be noticed.
And those peppers - you betchya - I've got some great Tex-Mex recipes. You really oughtta taste my Venison Chilli.

Timber, I dug this up from the recipes I posted on A2K's Portal:

Recipe for Hunters' Chili with Venison or Moose
by BumbleBeeBoogie

Try making chili with deer or moose meat.

1 pound small red chili or kidney beans
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon salt
1 pound each of venison and moose scraps, trimmed from next, shoulder, shanks or ribs (or all venison or all moose may be used)
1/2 cup shortening or cooking oil
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
4 to 6 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
4 teaspoons ground oregano or 8 teaspoons fresh oregano
2 teaspoons crumbled dried sage or 3/4 teaspoon ground sage.

Soak the beans overnight in water. In the morning, add the baking soda and boil for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse. Cover the beans with water and salt and bring to a boil.

Meanwhile, trim all the fat and tendons from the meat and cut into small cubes. Brown the cubes in the shortening or oil, then add the meat to the beans. Cook the onion in the remaining oil until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add the chili powder and flour and mix, then add to the beans and meat. Rinse the pan with a little water, stirring to removal all particles and add it to the chili.

Add the remaining ingredients and cover the pan. Simmer for 4 hours, stirring occasionally, adding more water if necessary

6 to 8 servings.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 11:49 am
We're packing up the dogs and heading to timber's for venison chili?

Excellent!!!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 11:55 am
Sounds pretty good - close to mine, in fact. With just about the same stuff, I also use a little cumin and some cilantro, some chopped chives, and masa (Mexican cornflour) instead of white flour, and I brown the meat in bacon grease (after seasonig the meat in a marinade of beer, chili powder, garlic, and cracked pepper) - my base is stewed tomatoes, with about a can of beer per quart of tomatoes added and the beans are optional. Its an over-nighter in a crockpot set on low.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 12:00 pm
ehBeth
ehBeth wrote:
We're packing up the dogs and heading to timber's for venison chili?
Excellent!!!

ehBeth, can you pick me and the mutts on your way to Timber's house?
Only one rule. I have to ride in the front seat or I get car sick and puke all over everyone.

BBB
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 12:55 pm
Timber cooks TEXMEX? that ain't food. Damn near as unedible as Calmex. People in Tejas actually prefer RED chili. An abomination.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 12:58 pm
Only do it for tourists, Dys - the home-consumption stuff will peel the anodyzing off aluminum Mr. Green
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:09 pm
Please don't eat a moose.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:11 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Only do it for tourists, Dys - the home-consumption stuff will peel the anodyzing off aluminum Mr. Green

Well, alright then. We can share a kitchen.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:12 pm
Lash wrote:

I thought that said "mouse" .... which I could understand.

What's wrong with moose. That's good eatin'.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:16 pm
timberlandko wrote:

Now that's my kind of cooking. I'm on my way over, and I do know where you live!

Anon
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:20 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Lash wrote:

I thought that said "mouse" .... which I could understand.

What's wrong with moose. That's good eatin'.

They seem to sweet to be murdered. It's almost like killing a horse.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:36 pm
Aw, a moose is just a really big, ill tempered deer.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:50 pm
Much tastier than horse, though Lash. Not as quite as sweet as bison, a little heavier flavor than elk or deer.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 05:49:40