Momma Angel's Farewell to A2K

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:11 pm
nimh wrote:
KiwiChic wrote:
So what if MA changed her mind and decided to stay on in A2k....big frickin *yawn* deal...as if changing her mind is realy going to be that detrimental personaly to each of you?

Some people on here (suprisingly some of much older years) seem to so thoroughly enjoy falling all over each other as to whom can give the best public ridicule of her...

Yeah well, the ridicule has mostly given way to outright indignation at roughly this point... long read, yeah, but it provides some crucial background to current attitudes ...

I'm sensing you feel betrayed on a personal level, and hence your urge to post and repost about MA's posting on that other site. Did you bother to notice she first asked others to come here after your "defense" of her, long after Setanta accused her of doing so? In any event, she's apologized ... you could try and get over it.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:12 pm
Thank GOD someone locked that other Momma-centric thread. Now if only he could do something about this one, maybe we could all go about the business of ignoring this whole bunch of crap.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:15 pm
we had chicken an waffles fer supper. Them is gooo=ood.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:16 pm
Prolly some benefit to be had were a whole buncha folks grow up and put some effort into gettin' over a whole buncha stuff.

No sense setting over-ambitious goals, though; that way lies near-certain disappointment.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:16 pm
Ever since farmerman changed his avatar, he sounds more
and more like gustav <ponder>
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:17 pm
Oh, gag me. Did you use syrup on the chicken?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:17 pm
what a bunch of crap this thread is
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:18 pm
We had roast chicken . . . in a casserole with linguini and cheap-ass cheddar/broccoli soup . . . it war real good . . .
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:20 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
I'm sensing you feel betrayed on a personal level, and hence your urge to post and repost about MA's posting on that other site.

Did you notice that I only reposted it here because KiwiChic seemed to be unaware of what has been going on? Many of us have changed our opinion on MA quite vehemently after finding out this stuff, and the resulting added rejection of MA on these boards would indeed be hard to understand or appreciate for someone who doesnt know what happened...

Ticomaya wrote:
Did you bother to notice she first asked others to come here after your "defense" of her, long after Setanta accused her of doing so?

Yup, though I fail to see the relevance of that (as already explained here - I prefer to re-link rather than repeat myself)

Ticomaya wrote:
In any event, she's apologized ...

If with apologized, you mean 'I already apologized and anyway, I didnt do anything wrong', yeah ...
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:22 pm
We're having teriaki porkchops, served with pineapple rings and mandarin orange wedges over wild rice with slivered waterchestnuts, julienned green beans, and mushroom slices, accented with a sauce reduced from deglazing the pan in which the chops cooked with the juice from the pineapple and orange, plus a little sauterne.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:24 pm
nimh: Okay, bear your grudge.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:26 pm
Sounds good, but i can't do no wine . . . really tears up my stomach . . .
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:28 pm
wandeljw wrote:
i actually thought someone would confuse my name with a plant.

there is a dorkier reason: it is the name i was given for my e-mail at work (i use it everywhere because i would not recognize myself if i didn't)

...and I said to myself, "Self", and I knew it was me because I recognized the voice.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:28 pm
youre speaking in future tense there timber, you folks havin vampires over for supper?.

roger jeezus ya think were savages? hell no we dont use syrup, we use molasses. See, a recipe exchange makes us all forget about whats er name
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:30 pm
I have decided that this place is too entertaining and I for one am never leaving.

Please don't Bear-rate me for it....
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:32 pm
Im leaving week after next or so. Depends on some equipment
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:33 pm
Red beans and rice. For a change. Would've had cornbread, but neither of us felt like cooking it.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:35 pm
farmerman wrote:
youre speaking in future tense there timber, you folks havin vampires over for supper?

Nahhh ... nothing that entertaining. Mrs Timber's not gonna be home from a meeting 'till around midnight, and we'll eat when she gets here.

Set, I think mebbe some unsweetened white grape juice would prolly work almost as well as the sauterne. I've used chicken stock in the past, and that works pretty well too, though its a little saltier.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:49 pm
Aw, timber's a romantic? Or is she cooking when she gets home?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:51 pm
I love red beans and rice, Edgar. With or without the cornbread.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 05:59:13