My cats are trying to kill me....preemptive strike time?

littlek

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 09:52 pm
An antichrist bunny?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 10:07 pm
dlowan wrote:
Lookit, if I wanted to playu it the way the big guys play it, I would simply have lied to the UN, invaded Hungary, stuffed up the Congo,, murdered Allende, and starved the cats to death as part of agriculture reform.

I wanna play it ethically and legally.

OK, fine, throw the lawbook at it.

Or the bible.

First off, in 1232, Pope Gregory IX declared that the cat was a diabolical creature. So extinguishing the cat is at the very least a way to serve the Lord, which by definition is ethical.

Second, it's a question of self-defence. According to the English Witchcraft Act of 1563, persons who kept cats are themselves to be suspected of "wickedness", liable to be put to death along with their cats. So you'd better kill it before you get the bullet yourself.

Third, the status of the domestic cat in common law is very clear: cats are property. In 1769 already, William Blackstone, in applying theories of property argued by Hobbes and Locke, in his famous "Rights of Things" wrote that the value of animals "kept for pleasure, curiosity or whim", such as cats, depended wholly "on the caprice of ownersÂ…" With regard to tame animals, he wrote that "[A] man may have as absolute a property as in any inanimate beings". James Kent in 1896 also wrote that any animal regarded as "tame" is "the subject of absolute property".

So basically, you can do whatever the f you want with it, according to the esteemed legal scholars of lore.

Mind you, it is true that in Celinski v. State, 911 S.W.2d 177 (Tx. Ct. App. 1995) the Texas Court of Appeals found an appellant guilty of committing cruelty to two cats, but that was because he had microwaved respectively poisoned them. So I suggest shooting instead.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 10:11 pm
But Nimh,

You forget! We are not under the Old Testament Mosaic Law. So, no killing the cats. They are forgiven!http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/laughing1.gif
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 10:21 pm
Ah, but did they ASK for forgiveness? I think not. Remember, these are Siamese.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 10:25 pm
Eva,

You are so right. Siamese. Yes, that is completely a different story. This is my Siamese, Oliver.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5534/dcp00025aq.jpg

dlowan,

If your cat shows this sign, IT IS the spawn of Satan!

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5920/dcp00104iw.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 12:58 am
Momma Angel wrote:
But Nimh,

You forget! We are not under the Old Testament Mosaic Law. So, no killing the cats. They are forgiven!http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/laughing1.gif

So...you're saying Jesus was your god's only begotten KITTEN?

Also, we have no death penalty for HUMANS, nor euthanasia neither...but we may kill animals.

Nimh:

Your first applies to ALL cats, and is hence clearly ridiculous. I don't do a heck of a lot of stuff popes want me to do...popes don't count.

Your second: Ditto. I cannot kill them for the superstitions of the past!

Your third: I know I CAN...but I wish to do what is right, not what is might.

And I would do it very humanely!!!

Eva:

"Ah, but did they ASK for forgiveness? I think not. Remember, these are Siamese."

I am shocked. I shall not kill them for racist reasons!

MA:

Those eyes are not the mark of satan!

They are the mark of light reflected from your cat's retina.

We must be rational!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 01:03 am
dlowan,

Look, I'm trying to save some cats' lives here! So ya gotta give me some leeway here bunny! That cat boxes herself everytime she gets in front of that mirror. I thought it was so funny when I saw the eyes. Thought maybe that is what she saw and was boxing. My timing or delivery reall stinks. Probably both.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 01:08 am
Er.......I didn't really think you thought the eyes were satanic, MA.

That was ironic.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 01:14 am
See what I mean? I need to either work on my delivery or my timing or both. I was making a joke. Laughing Ok, so it wasn't a very good joke. But, I tried.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 01:16 am
So, Deb, what's happening tonight?

It bloody, bloody, bloody hot, still! (I think it's even hotter in Adelaide than Melbourne? Shocked )
No fan.
Marauding critters.
Exhausted bunny.

Perhaps a peaceful night at an air conditioned motel? You could visit them in the morning, on your way to work, refreshed & glowing! Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 02:14 am
Hot...mmmm...or, I could stick 'em in the freezer and use them to cool me tomorrow!!!

Cat blocks!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 02:27 am
Yeah!!!! Twisted Evil

But, being boring & practical, Deb .... Have you considered a fan on a sturdy stand? I have (tasteful! Cool Laughing ) overhead fans, attached to my lights in the two original rooms. (Something strange about these little 1890s terrace houses that stay ultra cool during the day, then trap the heat at night! Ughhhh!)

But why am I giving practical advice? Come on, admit it, Deb: you love it when your two critters get up to crazy hi jinks! It's fun! Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 02:55 am
Not really.

Not when they smash stuff....

Waaaaaah!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 03:08 am
Sedatives, then? Razz
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 04:06 am
Sure...rubber mallets?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 04:17 am
Not at all! You love the little horrors! You know that! Very Happy

(... apart from when Oscar does his pooh thing! Now, that is not nice!)
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 06:15 am
Momma Angel wrote:
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5534/dcp00025aq.jpg

umm, what's with all the all purpose absorbant

just being curious and all
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 06:46 am
THREAD STRETCHERS!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 06:50 am
no, screen too little. my thread didn't get stretched on my beauuuuutiful newish laptop.

the cats, i'm thinking, have proclaimed war on you in their own way. you have no choice but to respond in the same way. Time to start throwing stuff on them when they sleep.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 08:08 am
So...it is your expert view that this is a just war?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/01/2024 at 02:09:57