Our blythe spirit, edgar, has been published

littlek

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:28 pm
Thanks for the PM.

Glad to hear your therapy worked!
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 04:02 am
Edgar, we all need to express ourselves one way or another. The creative arts are perhaps the hardest to achieve and thus get recognised. Getting published in book form is great. It has been said that perhaps we all have a book inside of us. I don't think that is true, but you obviously have. I wish I could follow suit.
I've made many TV programs that have gone out on network TV, nothing brilliant, so maybe I can go a step further. Public recognition and acknowledgement is good for the soul. Well done Edgar
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 10:54 am
It's still a long hard road for me, but I have more projects and many possibilities ahead.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 11:00 am
Congratulations Edgar!!
It's nice to see that the right people are recognized.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 11:05 am
Good job Edgar, I wouldn't mind some more info on the book meself.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 11:43 am
Well, I attempted to create an amalgum of old style writing and modern, to carry on the spirit of a Dickens Christmas. It all takes place in America, but one of the foremost characters is an English transplant. The ghost of long dead Ebenezer Scrooge, unlike his unfortunate partner in life, Jacob Marley, is a roving ambassador of Christmas spirit. The bad guy has a more complex cause for his evil acts than I would get into here. He sets out to destroy a beautiful family and pretty much succeeds, until the final pages.

Edwin Bloom is modeled on myself, Leopold Bloom, the Ghost of Christmas Present, and Mr. Micawber.
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 01:30 pm
Congrats, Edgar! Wink
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:39 pm
Got the books! I ordered two. I have read through the christmas bit from abuzz (brilliant stuff!) and gotten into Concrete and Ashes..... Haven't even peeked at the Ebenezer's Ghost yet.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:52 pm
Well, good on you, littlek.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:56 pm
That's two good on ya's tonight!
0 Replies