Rolling Stone Renegades Part III - Heath ledger

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 09:26 pm
One hell of a charismatic actor, and still only 26 years of age:

"I started to feel like a bottle of Coke. And there was a whole marketing scheme on to turn me into a very popular bottle. And Coke tastes like ****. But there's posters everywhere so people will buy it. So I felt like I tasted like ****, and I was being bought for no reason."

Coke tastes like ****? Now does anyone really believe that the global infection of Coca Cola is based on marketing and not taste?

Heath is 26 and so we can forgive him his choice of similes, but to regale him as an honored renegade of 2005?

He took a relatively miniscule chance by portraying a homosexual cowboy in Breakback Mountain and therefore he warrants praising with great praise?

Heath Ledger was a millionaire before he ever agreed to star in the, admittedly, controversial Breakback Mountain. What did he really have to lose?

I like the actor and I do think that it took some guts (from the perspective of a successful Hollywood actor) to portray a queer cowboy, but let's keep things in perspective, shall we?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,394 • Replies: 6
No top replies

astromouse

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 03:29 am
wtf does this has to do with politics?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 10:42 am
With the examples of Ronald Reagan, Sonny Bono, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Fred Thompson, and "Gopher" from Love Boat in mind, it's quite likely that conservatives simply believe that every entertainer is just a politician who hasn't run for election yet.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 11:05 am
joefromchicago wrote:
With the examples of Ronald Reagan, Sonny Bono, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Fred Thompson, and "Gopher" from Love Boat in mind, it's quite likely that conservatives simply believe that every entertainer is just a politician who hasn't run for election yet.

Good one joe Smile
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 11:10 am
astromouse wrote:
wtf does this has to do with politics?

It does, but wtf do you care if it doesn't?
0 Replies

astromouse

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 12:11 pm
I was just asking what the hell it has to do with politics, as to why is it posted in the POLITICS section of able2know.
That's why I care.
Not everything that mentions homosexuality or hollywood has to do with politics you know?
And by the way it's "Brokeback mountain"
So exactly what does this has to do with politics?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 03:04 pm
everything is political.

even more so over the last few years. sad, but seemingly true.
0 Replies