Your life, or his life?

flushd

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 05:00 pm
Depending on the person, I may give my own life in order to save theirs. I may not.

Once again, depending on the person, I may kill one to save many. I may not.

There are no simple answers for me. I would try to weigh as many factors in as possible.
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 10:04 pm
If it's someone I love, i'd give my life up for them.

If it's a stranger, i may or may not. If that stranger is a child or an old person, i would give up my life to save them (though I dont know why...probably because i consider them *weaker* than me).

Killing one to save many? I couldnt bring myself to decide about the death of another person.
0 Replies

Kuro Ichiko

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 06:19 am
Beena wrote:
Kuro_Ichiko wrote:
Beena wrote:
As a mother, I'm not sure if I would give or not give my life for my child.

I find something seriously wrong with that comment. A mother's need to protect her children is something that should come natural. While I am not a mother myself, I know my own mother and several others who would not even think before saving their child. Could you honestly watch as your child died, even when you knew there was something you could do about it. If you could, then you never really loved your child at all.

The talk was not about saving your child but giving your life for a child. When you have learned to read English properly, and also learned to see your faults, rather than finding faults with others where there are none, come and discuss here, otherwise SHUT UP!

Forgive me if I don't see the difference, but if a situation arose in which you had to give your life for your child, wouldn't that mean that by giving your life you would be saving the child. And I would also like to know when I said anything about not having any faults. I was just saying that a mother's love is one of the strongest types of love there is and that most mothers would give their life for their child if need be.
0 Replies

Beena

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 12:10 pm
Sorry! When I said that I wasn't sure if I could actually give my life for my child, I did not mean that I wouldn't save him in other ways, I would. But saving him by giving my life is not something I know for sure that I would do. I could, but I don't know. The reason is not just because I love my life but also because we all come with our own fate in life and others should understand. And I'm sorry I told you to shut up. My mistake. I take back my shut up.
0 Replies

Beena

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 12:21 pm
And just to take this thread further, this is what I believe -

Mothers should not worry too much or feel guilty if they have been responsible mothers, when their child gets kidnapped, goes through some disease or cancer or some other calamity, because we all come with our own fate in life too.
0 Replies

Armageddon

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:02 am
Answering the original questions:
Depends on the person. My parents, no, but for other reasons. My friends, yes, as I value their life as higher than mine. For my COs, yes, as that is the point. For a stranger, no.

Yes, I would open Pandora's Box. Note the name.

Yes, I would take a life to save millions.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 06:25 pm
I would not give my life willingly for anyone, no exceptions.
0 Replies

Mahealani

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 08:06 pm
Would I give up my life to save others? I don't think I'd even give any consideration to my own peril...I'd just try to save the other person if I could if it were the only option for them. If I died trying, then so be it.

If killing someone would save others...sure, in certain circumstances. For example, if I saw someone about to kill someone else, knew there was no other way to stop it and had a weapon (preferably a gun...I'm a good shot), I'd let them have it. I wouldn't be happy about it, of course, but sometimes you just have to make some hard choices.
0 Replies

Beena

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 10:17 am
I don't mean to sound condescending but baby I do wonder, a person who doesn't cherish his own life a lot, how this person would cherish another's? If a person comes on this forum and tells me, I would not even consider giving my life for another ever, I have positive proof that yes, this person could probably give his life for another!
0 Replies