Indifference/ The Most Effective Response to Irrationality

Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 03:29 pm
In fact, MOAN fell afoul of the TOS posting a link to her organization when she first came here. I remain unconvinced that she has reformed her ways. She has a Yahoo messenger link in her profile, she can easily evade repercussion which might proceed from using PM's for that purpose. That is specifically why i refer to her self-promotional threads--that would be a means of luring people in.

The point about scriptural injunctions ought to be clear, even to a lab rat who learned to type. It is hypocricy to ignore the scriptural injunctions of a religious belief, the more so by someone who wears their religion so publicly.

Any number of people here constantly remind other members that this is a knowledge site, and that people come here for answers. There are literally thousands of sites where the holy joes can go to get their prayer fix. This is a public forum, when people throw trash around here, i consider that i have every right to step over to the location, and to loudly shout--"HEY, you left your trash lying around here."
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 03:34 pm
Setanta wrote:
In fact, MOAN fell afoul of the TOS posting a link to her organization when she first came here.

That is not an uncommon gaffe. Many newbies, not being familiar with the TOS (anybody ever really read them through?) have posted links to their websites, which were subsequently removed by the mods. I think that it is unfair to single Momma out.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 03:35 pm
Good, you think your way, and i'll think mine. To paraphrase MOAN herself: "Well, that's just what i believe."
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 03:39 pm
Setanta wrote:
In fact, MOAN fell afoul of the TOS posting a link to her organization when she first came here. I remain unconvinced that she has reformed her ways. She has a Yahoo messenger link in her profile, she can easily evade repercussion which might proceed from using PM's for that purpose. That is specifically why i refer to her self-promotional threads--that would be a means of luring people in.

The point about scriptural injunctions ought to be clear, even to a lab rat who learned to type. It is hypocricy to ignore the scriptural injunctions of a religious belief, the more so by someone who wears their religion so publicly.

Any number of people here constantly remind other members that this is a knowledge site, and that people come here for answers. There are literally thousands of sites where the holy joes can go to get their prayer fix. This is a public forum, when people throw trash around here, i consider that i have every right to step over to the location, and to loudly shout--"HEY, you left your trash lying around here."

Yes, Setanta, I did. I admitted it. I apologized for it and I fixed it, and I have not done it since and I won't. And so what if I do have my Yahoo messenger link on my profile? I do not have my website on my profile however. Duh? If it was against the rules I highly suspect they'd take that option out, wouldn't you?

I don't care why you specifically refer to it. The fact is, it's an out and out lie. I have not asked one person to join my group. NOT ONE!

And my emails are no one's business but mine and theirs, just as are your emails and anyone else's. I am sorry but you are the last person on the earth right now that I would accept any interpretation of scripture from.

Setanta, I don't want to argue with you. I would just as soon let all this go. This is a PUBLIC forum, yes. That means religious and non-religious alike. I think the title Spirituality & Religion Forum pretty much gives a good indication that you will probably hear something about religion there. So, enter at your own risk.

I am done trying to explain anything to you. If you don't accept it, then fine, you do not accept it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 03:42 pm
Enter at your own risk? How ludicrous--post tripe at your own risk.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 03:45 pm
nimh wrote:
And I'd think that the one point that my post above should successfully get across is that when it comes to verbosity, nobody can beat me. I'm the King (of it).

No, you are at most a Duke. Setanta is King.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 03:45 pm
SETI is a poopity head.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 03:49 pm
You say that next to a piccie of you with a huge brown pile on your head . . . just imagine . . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 03:56 pm
that little cinnamon dog is very strong, even when she doesn't sneak cabbage
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 04:15 pm
Setanta wrote:
You say that next to a piccie of you with a huge brown pile on your head . . . just imagine . . .

I'm telling the moderators on you! I am the DYS and I am special.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 04:17 pm
Setanta wrote:

How well would dogs do if their diet was 100% tripe?

Woaaa baby, a dog cannot live on tripe alone. Tripe is simply another component of feeding towards the whole prey animal. Omit any part and lend yourself towards feeding only one thing and you are in mega trouble.

I see a ton of people touting the wonders of tripe and I am seeing a real leaning towards large quantities of tripe. What gives?

I wonder if we are seeing more mention of tripe now just because I don't really remember tripe being highlighted or made a big deal of in any of the "bibles" (Lonsdale, Billinghurst, et al) except that it's just one more body part in feeding prey model.

Now that it's available to pre-made users in an easy canned food, more people are jumping on the bandwagon (me included!) I personally don't feed a lot of it, just a teaspoon now and then.

I did ask around a bit and most folks agree that while tripe is part of the entire picture it is only a small part and not something that should be fed in huge quantities. Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 10:44 pm
I keep starting and not having time to finish a post here following dlowan's and nimh's great ones, will just say Googlers and Community for now (notes to myself) and come back to it.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 11:10 pm
bm first time I looked at this
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 11:26 pm
Sometimes, I remember what I like about nimh.

Wink
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 11:39 pm
Nimh is cool.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 07:29 am
Lash wrote:
Sometimes, I remember what I like about nimh.

LOL! I had that coming, didnt I ... Razz
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 07:41 am
Tryagain wrote:
Setanta wrote:
How well would dogs do if their diet was 100% tripe?
Tripe is simply offal, almost as bad as that pun.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 07:47 am
Tryagain wrote:
I did ask around a bit and most folks agree that while tripe is part of the entire picture it is only a small part and not something that should be fed in huge quantities. (emoticon removed in the interest of good taste)

The Italians, and many others, might not agree . . .

Milanese Tripe Soup

Trippa--The use of tripe in Italian cuisine in general

There's a Tuscan recipe for Funghi Trippati (tripe and mushrooms) on this page.

Trippa alla Romana

It's not just the Italians . . .

Algerian Spicy Tripe

Bodybuilders apparently like exotics--Bison tripe

Bohemians like tripe, too!

Join a discussion about cooking tripe!

But, others share your friends' reaction . . .

Tripe? Not for me, pal . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 07:48 am
Tsk, tsk, Steve . . . shall i tell them about tripe soup and tripe and lard--two mainstays of English "cuisine"?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 07:52 am
Setanta wrote:
Tsk, tsk, Steve . . . shall i tell them about tripe soup and tripe and lard--two mainstays of English "cuisine"?
Well we still eat loads of tripe and elder of course, (dont ask) but washed down with bubbly now.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_britain/article338228.ece
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/30/2024 at 10:57:33