Indifference/ The Most Effective Response to Irrationality

timberlandko

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:49 am
All in all a buncha twits playing nonsense games with a buncha twits at this point - if the folks who've said they're disgusted/disappointed/disinterested whatever and intend to cease the nonsense would actually cease the nonsense, the nonsense would cease.

Some things never change.

<sigh>
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:51 am
Lash Wrote:

Quote:
Chai Tea, nimh and Phoenix **** ROCK!!!

Chai Tea-- I appreciate blunt.

Would you mind pming me the addy for SW? I think they may learn to appreciate my company as much as I appreciate theirs.

Possibly more.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=66937&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=490

Quote:
I just want to explain my position.

I think a neighborly visit is in order.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=66937&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=500

Quote:
OK, I have my connection. I'll report back later. Have to go somewhere with my daughter. Have to commune with Satan. Have to search and destroy.

These are the days that completely kick ass.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php? t=66937&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=500

Quote:
Another lie.

After I said I'd leave SW alone because it was so pathetic, she showed up, belligerant. I told her if she posted to me once more, I'd THEN wreak havoc at that site--to show those kids just how much she REALLY cared about their site.

Of course, as I knew she would, she immediately posts again.

Obviously, she doesn't mind ruining those kid's site if it will earn her a bit more attention. She can't pass up an opportunity to be the martyr.

Dlowan-- I don't imagine it's fear. I think it's more fury. But, of course, it's dying a slow, well-deserved death. I just can't stand to see someone, especially a self-righteous fundamentalist wack-job, get away with lying. So, I point them out, when she spews them. I'll be doing this until she leaves.

Quote:
Ooops! This post was deleted by the moderators because you threatened the other site.

Would you care to point out to me, Lash just exactly where it is you say you are going to leave SW alone?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:53 am
Timber,

I have been willing to let this go. I have asked them nicely to leave those other people out of this. They do not seem willing to do that. As long as they are not willing to leave SW alone then I'm going to meet this head on.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:56 am
The problem leaves with her, just as it arrived.

Leave.
0 Replies

Intrepid

dlowan wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Dlowan, the voice of reason

Lol!!!

You usually have much more negative estimates of my posts!

I only call 'em as I see 'em. This was one of your great ones. :-)

Oh, and I quite often agree with you. I just don't post it. ;-)
0 Replies

JPB

This reminds me of the 'last post' thread over on humor. Some might consider letting someone else make the last post and perhaps it might be the last post. Or better yet, join us over on the last post thread.

last post
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 08:02 am
Sorry Lash. I hardly call that willing to just leave them alone. Got anymore conditions you'd care to put on that?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 08:08 am
OK. Everybody who I bet she'd lied again, and would find a fabricated reason to stay, send me the cash through PayPal.

Chai-- OK. The Beast goes on a crash diet.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 08:11 am
Lash,

Guess you aren't getting something here. I don't have to find a fabricated reason to stay. I don't need a reason to stay at all.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 08:30 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Lash,

Guess you aren't getting something here. I don't have to find a fabricated reason to stay. I don't need a reason to stay at all.

No actually you don't need a reason to stay or to leave. I would like you to stay. I would also like you to be a member of the a2k community but I would also like you to respect others here as you would yourself.
the Dys.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 08:32 am
Another voice of reason
:-)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 08:39 am
dlowan wrote:
I personally react badly to feeling a bit overwhelmed by weird threads and personal drama fests, but this is gonna settle, especially if it is not fed too much, no?

I knew that there was a reason that I am partial to wabbits.

One mo time, my esteemed collegues. Read the name of my damn thread!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 10:25 am
The irony...
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 01:58 pm
Green Witch wrote:
What's sad for me is that I I started to think the Christians were such a bunch of boobs. I felt sorry for posters like partyjohn and The Other One as they were run over by superior knowledge and wit. It's like Momma brought in her fold and feed them to the lions.

It's ok GW. :wink:

As far as their superior knowledge and wit...it's either because I just don't see it, or because it means nothing to me. I don't feel the least bit intimidated.

The discourgement however, comes with the words from certain posters saying such things to demean our religion.

I didn't know who Momma angel was tho until I joined...I know alot of people now think she led me here, but I was led here by another source.

I could tell from day one that you are a good person with a sincere heart and I appreciate that.
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 02:07 pm
REXRED

I have to commend you for that wonderful post on Momma Angel from page 22.

That was so nice of you!!!
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 02:13 pm
Setanta wrote:
In this post, with a time stamp of 3:42 p.m. on today's date:

MOAN, at the spiritwarrior site, wrote:
Earlier in this thread I made a request that we get as many Christians as possible to go to Able2Know.com and stand for the Lord. I am now asking you NOT to go to Able2Know.com. They are very angry that I have asked other Christians to join and I don't want anyone to reap their anger. I will not be posting there myself any longer.[/b][/i] I let them know that yes, I did post what I posted on this site (they even copied it and put it on A2K) and I will not apologize for it. However, I did paint with a rather wide brush in my original request. Not all the people that do not believe in God on A2K are actively aggressive with those that do believe. Some I have found to be very kind and fair people. So, I do apologize for that generalized statement.

Again, please DO NOT go to A2K because I asked you to do it. I am not sorry that I asked because I will stand up for the Lord no matter what the adversity.

Thank You,

Momma Angel

(emphasis added)

It seems that this member cannot stop the lies . . . she is posting here eight hours after making that statement at the other site.

There's a name for people like that . . .

Man Set, what a life you must have to keep up with things like this...

There's also a name for people like you who do this...

Boring!
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 02:43 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Lash, you are just so transparent. You know that's who you meant. Good grief. The least you can do is tell the truth. Ooops, forgot who I was talking to.

MA, the best thing I found to do is not post back to Lash about anything she has stupid to say. I know I stopped. It's hard, yes momma, but you can do it. It's obvious she wants the show. It's so easy, just don't give her what she wants. :wink:

Besides, she calls me illiterate because I'm a Christian. Funny how she has mispelled so many words since I've been here, just not recently.
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 02:45 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Anyone taking bets on how long it takes for this thread to be locked?

I doubt it gets locked. From the other crap I've seen in this forum anyway.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 02:46 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
dlowan wrote:
I personally react badly to feeling a bit overwhelmed by weird threads and personal drama fests, but this is gonna settle, especially if it is not fed too much, no?

I knew that there was a reason that I am partial to wabbits.

One mo time, my esteemed collegues. Read the name of my damn thread!

Sound advice.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 02:57 pm
I'm the other one,

I appreciate your words. But, I think the best thing to do here is to just let this whole matter drop. It's turned into a catfight between Lash and I and I, for one, am feeling pretty embarrassed about letting myself be continually drawn into it. So, I am asking you to work with me here and let's just stop it ourselves, ok?

Phoenix is right. Indifference is the Most Effective Response to Irrationality and I think we should take her advice and just become indifferent to the what we feel is irrational and hope that others will do the same.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/24/2024 at 02:19:17