Indifference/ The Most Effective Response to Irrationality

Chai

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 06:05 am
morning boss....reporting in...

just had some death grip coffee, A-OK.

Notice that no one has posted since 1/31.

I was on there a moment ago and there were 3 guests (probably me you and lash) and a moderator, guess who.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 06:07 am
Abuzz went down in flames because it was overrun by ranting bigots . . . the same could happen here.

Intrepid, whose idiocy knows no bounds when it comes to criticizing anything i write (he's become obsessive) asserts that three of the members there are well-known atheists from here--he knows that how?

This is only one site that we know of that MOAN frequented and from which she attempted to enlist fantatics to assault this site. Someone here has contended that one member there has more than one ID here--although i am uncertain as to how this would be known, unless it is being stated at that site. I didn't waste my time reading their maunderings in much detail.

Having seen a major web site destroyed by ranting, fanatical idiots, and even though this site is well moderated, i don't want to see the attempt made here. No amount of puerile ridicule from resentful religionists is going to change that, either.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 06:09 am
Chai Tea wrote:
morning boss....reporting in...

just had some death grip coffee, A-OK.

Notice that no one has posted since 1/31.

I was on there a moment ago and there were 3 guests (probably me you and lash) and a moderator, guess who.

Mornin' . . .

No, it was not me . . . i've only been there a few times, and that was only to read the offending thread and pick up quotes. Not the kind of brainless playground where i'd spend much time.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 06:21 am
Setanta wrote:
Abuzz went down in flames because it was overrun by ranting bigots . . . the same could happen here.

Then you should try to curb your bigotry

Quote:
Intrepid, whose idiocy knows no bounds when it comes to criticizing anything i write (he's become obsessive) asserts that three of the members there are well-known atheists from here--he knows that how?

Isn't calling someone an idiot against TOS? I will have to look into that. When you disagree with someone, you call it disagreement and civil discourse. When someone disagrees with you, they are an idiot and are only criticizing. Interesting. How? Cause Timber has said as much.

Quote:
This is only one site that we know of that MOAN frequented and from which she attempted to enlist fantatics to assault this site. Someone here has contended that one member there has more than one ID here--although i am uncertain as to how this would be known, unless it is being stated at that site. I didn't waste my time reading their maunderings in much detail.

It is so laughable that, again, a very large percentage of the posts in R&C are by non-Christians. You only read enough to satisfy your own agenda.

Quote:
Having seen a major web site destroyed by ranting, fanatical idiots, and even though this site is well moderated, i don't want to see the attempt made here. No amount of puerile ridicule from resentful religionists is going to change that, either.

You seem to be an expert on ranting, fanatical idiots. Do you draw them or something? Resentful religionists? You know this how?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 06:43 am
Setanta,

Are you feeling threatened? If you aren't, you surely are putting forth the image that you are. I have asked everyone to leave that other site alone. They are of no threat to A2K just as I am no threat to A2K. That other site is mostly compromised of young teens.

I have been responsible for one person and one person only registering on A2K. A friend of mine registered and joined in the one thread where we were building a country from three basic laws. She hasn't posted on A2K since then. That was after July of last year. Her USERID is Valley Angel so you can do a search and confirm this for yourself. No one since then has signed up on A2K because I asked them to or encouraged them to. The other Christians that you seem to think I got to sign up are all people I met after they registered on A2K.

Oh, and a poster himself said that he had more than one ID on A2K, so it's not like anyone is trying to hide anything. You might want to regroup a bit about something though. Chai Tea seems to think no one has posted on SW since 1/31. Not true. Quite a bit has been posted.

And, in all honesty, if everyone would just let this go, I would most likely just ease my way on out of A2K. But, as long as anyone is going to attack others for what I posted, I'm going to stick around.

Twice now, things have been pulled from two different threads because of something done against the TOS. And, it wasn't done by me. So, if you guys would just let this drop it will all go away. It has been so blown out of proportion it is actually starting to become ridiculous. Everyone has blown up one post I made on another site to an out and out free for all. There is no assault planned.

Check out the Putting On The Armor of God on that other site. That will give you what "assault" (your word, not mine) an army of God presents. Are you really that scared? I've got an idea. Let me post here what the armor of God is. Then decide if you should feel threatened or not. No one is threatening A2K or any poster on A2K.

"Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

"Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

"And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints...." Ephesians 6:10-18

God's Armor Know the Truth about... Affirm key Scriptures
Belt of TRUTH
God
Deut. 4:39; Psalm 23:1; 18:1-3

Breastplate of RIGHTEOUSNESS
The Righteousness of Jesus in you
Psalm 100:3; Rom. 3:23-24, 6:23; Gal. 2:20-21; Phil. 3:8-10.

Sandals of PEACE
Inner peace and readiness
Rom. 5:1; Eph. 2:14; John 14:27, 16:33, 20:21.

Shield of FAITH
Living by faith
Rom. 4:18-21; Heb. 11:1; 1 Pet. 1:6-7

Helmet of SALVATION
Salvation through Christ today and forever
Each day: Ps. 16, 23; Heb. 1:3-6

For eternity: 2 Cor. 4:16-18; 1 Thess. 4:17; 1 John 3:1-3

Sword of the spirit GOD'S WORD
God's Word countering spiritual deception and accusations
Heb. 4:12; Matt. 4:2-11; 1 Pet. 3:15; Ps. 119:110-112

Do you see where it says we do not wrestle against flesh and blood? That would mean people, Setanta. It is not people that we feel we are wrestling with, so, no one is thinking any particular person or group in whole is evil.

I am not intimidated by you or anyone else. So, if you want to keep this up then you are going to be wasting your time and your breath. There is no assault.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 06:54 am
Chai Tea wrote:

Lash, Set and you wouldn't be "guests" but members, normally, at least, when you are logged in.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 06:56 am
As Intrepid well knows, calling someone an idiot is a violation of the TOS--which is why i don't do that. I don't consider him an idiot, but i do consider him a would-be provocateur. I have no doubt Intrepid hopes to get me to make a response which would violate the TOS--he's dreamin' . . . he just ain't that clever . . .

You have no credibility with me MOAN, i don't believe a word you say. I have no reason to believe you because you quote scripture--it is well known that scripture condones a host of crimes, including lies, slavery and murder. I think you are not to be trusted. I think that if you could flood this site with christians spouting idiocies, you would. So long as the threat is there, i will comment on it.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:03 am
Setanta wrote:

Thus spoke Diocletian.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:23 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:

Lash, Set and you wouldn't be "guests" but members, normally, at least, when you are logged in.

No, I have never logged into that site, because I'm not a member....

just as on A2K, one can go and browse around and look at posts without being a member.

Gosh, I browsed around A2K as a guest for a few weeks, until certain I wanted to join.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:24 am
Setanta Wrote:

Quote:
As Intrepid well knows, calling someone an idiot is a violation of the TOS--which is why i don't do that. I don't consider him an idiot, but i do consider him a would-be provocateur. I have no doubt Intrepid hopes to get me to make a response which would violate the TOS--he's dreamin' . . . he just ain't that clever . . .

Right, saying "whose idiocy knows no bounds" is so totally NOT calling someone an idiot. Right? Rolling Eyes If you think we believe that, then well, I'd say your idiocy knows no bounds, sir.

You have no credibility with me MOAN, i don't believe a word you say. I have no reason to believe you because you quote scripture--it is well known that scripture condones a host of crimes, including lies, slavery and murder. I think you are not to be trusted. I think that if you could flood this site with christians spouting idiocies, you would. So long as the threat is there, i will comment on it.

I couldn't less if I have credibility you, Setanta. So, speaking of credibility. How about backing up your allegations that I would steal and kill for Jesus?

And actually, I would rather see the site flooded with Christians praising God than I would have them spouting anything.

Now, I have given you evidence of the timeline of all of this to prove your allegations false. Since you are the accuser I'd say it's up to you to prove your case, wouldn't you?

I mean, you're not afraid you might be wrong or anything are you? I mean it couldn't be that you can't possibly back it up because it's just not true?" Why, of course not, Setanta has standards he expects everyone to go by, right? So, you going to back up your allegations or not? C'mon, here's your chance.

So long as there is a threat? Ah, so you are feeling threatened. Well, no need to be. Our biggest weapon (as you would probably call it) would be prayer.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:26 am
Er.......I don't get where some of this agita is coming from.

Yes, we have some new religious zealots here...I assume Google is now, with A2k's Search engine optimization, attracting us a mess of godstruck folk, of the islamic stripe as well, right now, because on A2k a little of something leads to a lot.

Yep, I sure am not happy about how some of our god zealots have behaved deceitfully....(and I have a high personal yuck factor re how a number of new members of both christian and islamic persuasion talk and "debate" and think.... for what that is worth on a site such this, which I guess is pretty much zero)...but I really cannot see where all the stuff about "the end of A2k" from a few people is coming from.

If they break the TOS, they are suspended. If they spam, it is removed.

I personally react badly to feeling a bit overwhelmed by weird threads and personal drama fests, but this is gonna settle, especially if it is not fed too much, no?

I am kind of lost at the degree of fear being expressed, I guess.

I suspect that this forum is not likely to attract too many religious zealots for very long...its tone is somewhat inimical to such, I think.

And, if it does keep a bunch of them, I imagine we will settle down to ignoring a lot of it, as most of us ignore the religion forum, except when something catches our eye especially...and I think we tend to be able to keep our end up in any debate we wish to join in, no?

I suspect the "don't come in and mess with our threads you beasts" stuff will mellow out in a bit, as that sort of thing fails to impress.

I also do not think we need fear being recruited into some sort of religious la la land ourselves, do we?

This has been some phenomenon to witness and be part of, I agree, and quite distasteful......but I don't think it's the end of Atookeia!

Anyhoo, I'll disappear into my burrow again...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:29 am
Good morning, Walter. I'm going to work in a few minutes, but I thought I'd respond. I haven't joined SW yet, or MOAN's other websites. I'm going to wait until 1) they are not expecting me and 2) when I am in place to use an untraceable e-mail addy.

I would guess those guests are from here, though. I can't imagine why anyone else would be there.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:29 am
Dlowan, the voice of reason
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:30 am
Lash wrote:

I would guess those guests are from here, though. I can't imagine why anyone else would be there.

This has been explained quite a few times: most "guests" are just search engines, like google etc.

When a member loggs in, you either see her/his name or she/he is "hidden".
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:32 am
Lash wrote:
Good morning, Walter. I'm going to work in a few minutes, but I thought I'd respond. I haven't joined SW yet, or MOAN's other websites. I'm going to wait until 1) they are not expecting me and 2) when I am in place to use an untraceable e-mail addy.

Let me ease your curiosity. The third guest was me. I went over to see what all the hoopla was about. Then I made my post here this morning.

At least Momma Angel was up front about what she did. You seem to be planning a clandestine occupation.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:33 am
Intrepid wrote:
Dlowan, the voice of reason

Lol!!!

You usually have much more negative estimates of my posts!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:35 am
oh....my.....god......help......

my hand is being forced to open this site......can't.....remove......from favorites.....

i'm forced to read posts.......beyond control.....to resist.

what a freakin' joke. I HAVE to come back.

bull....dookey.

unlike others, I have the will to not address someone. so....I won't have to crawfish claiming I didn't lie.....I changed my mind.

STATEMENT: I will post on this forum, or others what my feelings are regarding my distastes in hypocrites in general........I will maintain the right to visit other sites as a visitor to view open forums in the same way the general public have.

The post made prior to this one was my final post in reference to a member whose name is Momma Angel....My references to hypocracy are not directed as her specifically. I will avoid speaking these feelings if it appears I am addressing directly to her.

I will no longer give this person above the attention she craves.

I think that's it.....

That's all folks.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:38 am
Lash,

Subtle threat? Leave them alone, please. I have asked you to please leave them alone. The more you threaten me or them, the more resolved I am to not going anywhere.

Oh, and trust me, there is no such thing as an untraceable email address.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:40 am
Another lie.

After I said I'd leave SW alone because it was so pathetic, she showed up, belligerant. I told her if she posted to me once more, I'd THEN wreak havoc at that site--to show those kids just how much she REALLY cared about their site.

Of course, as I knew she would, she immediately posts again.

Obviously, she doesn't mind ruining those kid's site if it will earn her a bit more attention. She can't pass up an opportunity to be the martyr.

Dlowan-- I don't imagine it's fear. I think it's more fury. But, of course, it's dying a slow, well-deserved death. I just can't stand to see someone, especially a self-righteous fundamentalist wack-job, get away with lying. So, I point them out, when she spews them. I'll be doing this until she leaves.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:41 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Oh, and trust me, ...

Easy said.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 05:20:29