Indifference/ The Most Effective Response to Irrationality

Lash

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:03 pm
You approve of what she did ?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:55 pm
littlek wrote:
JC - she flat-out lied to us. She's using the site in a way which no one else is. She's preaching to people who don't want to be preached to. AND, she's doing it in as many threads as she can. Not only is it wrong, in my opinion, but it's seriously annoying.

I didn't see any responses of indignation to the spammer who posted dozens of posts on the computer forum last night. Has nobody else here ever lied online? Has nobody else here "preached" to people about things that they really do not care about? Has nobody else here posted in multiple threads? Did nobody else "recruit" new members when there was a whimsical thread about when the 50,000th member would join? How many new members in the past 6 months? Does anybody accuse them of being wrong? Many posters post multiple threads with tripe that is hardly worth reading. We seem to read it anyhow. Many readers find many posts to be annoying. They stop reading them. They stop responding to them. They do not go out of their way to carry it on and on and on and..... It seems to give some members extreme pleasure to go on and on and on about one topic of conversation. Does that mean that they have nothing else to say, contribute, ask or share on other threads? Sometimes people make mistakes. Everybody does. Do they expect to read about it every day. Day in and day out? What must new members here think when they read the things that are going on right now? I can't imagine that a good image is being created. Why are so many people afraid of religion or those who profess to have religion? Why do people think that it is their right and responsibility to chase down and ridicule anyone who professes such? Live and let live must be for other people.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:55 pm
Intrepid, I didn't see the spam - were they all deleted?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:56 pm
I complained.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:59 pm
littlek wrote:

Yes. There were all around 2- 2:30 this morning and were gone when I logged on this morning about 8 am. I saw one reply along with one from me advising the poster that the spamming would not be tolerated by the board.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:00 pm
KiwiChic wrote:
John Creasy wrote:
OK, I was trying to stay out of this but I'm done biting my tongue., Who gives a flying f#ck if she is "recruiting" as you say?? Who made any of you the religious police??? Last time I checked, it's a free country and if someone thinks that they have a duty to spread their message then they can do that. Are you that afraid that she is going to somehow suck you in to her evil religious organization???

I concur JC (hmm a coincidence LOL) Im over the bagging of MA as well.....

Yeah, and you're her buddy . . . so i consider your take on the subject to be just a suspect as hers. You and Intrepid and Creasy don't have any problem with this because she's your buddy--but she's fouling the landscape in a terrain we all care about--and she's doing it with lies and dirty tricks . . . so she is likely to hear about it for a long time to come . . .
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:06 pm
Setanta wrote:
KiwiChic wrote:
John Creasy wrote:
OK, I was trying to stay out of this but I'm done biting my tongue., Who gives a flying f#ck if she is "recruiting" as you say?? Who made any of you the religious police??? Last time I checked, it's a free country and if someone thinks that they have a duty to spread their message then they can do that. Are you that afraid that she is going to somehow suck you in to her evil religious organization???

Yeah, and you're her buddy . . . so i consider your take on the subject to be just a suspect as hers. You and Intrepid and Creasy don't have any problem with this because she's your buddy--but she's fouling the landscape in a terrain we all care about--and she's doing it with lies and dirty tricks . . . so she is likely to hear about it for a long time to come . . .

think again little man I cant talk for the others you have mentioned, but I dont have a problem because I see things just a tad different to how you see it....and yet here you are still harping on, just get the f.ck over it...and dont bother dragging me into your personal vendetta against MA
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:10 pm
Someone report that for me, please. The force is strong with my pop-up zapper.

Thanks.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:11 pm
Intrepid wrote:
littlek wrote:

Yes. There were all around 2- 2:30 this morning and were gone when I logged on this morning about 8 am. I saw one reply along with one from me advising the poster that the spamming would not be tolerated by the board.

If they were deleted, then someone complained and we all are indignant when we get spammed. We don't try to get momma's posts deleted as spam - so, where's your problem?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:13 pm
Setanta wrote:
KiwiChic wrote:
John Creasy wrote:

You suspect so many of so much that you wouldn't know a real suspect if the suspect was standing in front of you. Buddies? I consider everybody my buddy until they prove to me that they are not. As for Momma Angel, she has done nothing to cause me any grief. She has not tried to recruit me to do anything. She has not tried to make me convert some of my beliefs to hers. Yes, we have differences on many topics, but we have not gone for the jugular when this comes up. I do not agree with everything that she does and I am sure that she probably does not agree with everything I do here. It does cause me grief when you take the hard road with new posters and old posters alike just because they do not fit your theory of how things should be. Thankfully, most do not think or act like you. It is interesting that if someone gives an inkling that they may be a Christian you put them into the grouping of your choosing. It is so easy to sit in your chair and act the bully in a safe and protected environment.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:15 pm
littlek wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
littlek wrote:

If they were deleted, then someone complained and we all are indignant when we get spammed. We don't try to get momma's posts deleted as spam - so, where's your problem?

Is that all you got out of the post?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:16 pm
Yes, the rest is just spinning of wheels, imo.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:17 pm
OK, thanks for taking the time to read it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:18 pm
sure thing.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:20 pm
John Creasy wrote:

Quite right about the recruiting, John Creasy. No handful of posters on this, or any other forum is going to move me from moderate atheism to anti-christianity.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:21 pm
And now we're in the meta phase -- hopefully that means the whole thing is almost over.

Stages of forum drama:

1.) The event.
2.) Did the event really happen?
3.) Various proofs and specifics and quotes and dates.
4.) Indignation.
5.) Indignation pile-on.
6.) People who haven't been following along getting indignant at the indignation pile-on.
7.) Original participants getting indignant at the ones who are indignant at the pile-on.
8.) Meta discussions of how it's all discussed.
9.) Denouement.

Actually I guess we're more at 7...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:24 pm
Does the phrase "nimh job" still ring any bells?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:24 pm
Yes. I'm feeling about a 7.

lol
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:27 pm
6.) People who haven't been following along getting indignant at the indignation pile-on.
7.) Original participants getting indignant at the ones who are indignant at the pile-on.

<click>

<click>

<click>

<click>

<click>

<click>

<click>

<click>
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:29 pm
Laughing yep, that's about the size of it.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 12:30:30