Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:32 pm
What is truth??
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:34 pm
nimh wrote:
timberlandko wrote:
nimh wrote:
What on earth is it about [fill in: a certain group of Christians, conservatives, truth-out'ers] that they systematically interpret criticism of something they do as an attempt to dictate, silence or stifle them? Is it really a fundamental problem with the notion of critical questioning, itself?

Bingo. Pick a prize from the top shelf.

I'd like Dys's Stetson please.

dream on.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:34 pm
What is truth?

Ask Oprah.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:37 pm
Oprah, what is truth??
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:11 pm
What Oprah'll say it isn't is A Million Little Pieces (or whatever it was called)...
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:19 pm
Dys and I have argued about jumping on another poster for his or her inane ideas--I feel that remarks to those who seem particulary fragile should be softened. But, after a while, I realized that, as adults, they should either take the criticism or leave; but mainly, grow up!!

This going and coming and recruiting is one of the most tawdry things I've seem on a2k--no, it is the most tawdry.

Disgusting, slippery underhandedness. Peh.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:26 pm
Diane- I see no reason to jump on a poster. What I attempt to do is quietly (alright, sometimes not so quietly) explain my position, and point out the illogic or inconsistancy in the member's posts. If the member continues, and appears not to be absorbing, or actually ignoring what is being said...............especially when I am not the only one who is pointing these sorts of things out, I will simply no longer engage myself with that poster.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:28 pm
Phoenix-- Your self-discipline is impressive.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:29 pm
Whereas our lack of it is infamous...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:31 pm
<I know you mean MINE, but when you're right....>

Wink

Mine had actually been improving, until Satan dropped by.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:33 pm
Oh, mine is equally infamous, it just expresses itself in different ways ... verbosity and the inability to STOP POSTING ALREADY ... at least for tonight

(actually that too had been improving until recent events)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:37 pm
We're off the wagon.

Eh.

<But, I like you when you're bad> Wink
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:39 pm
I'll put on my horns ...
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:39 pm
OK, I was trying to stay out of this but I'm done biting my tongue., Who gives a flying f#ck if she is "recruiting" as you say?? Who made any of you the religious police??? Last time I checked, it's a free country and if someone thinks that they have a duty to spread their message then they can do that. Are you that afraid that she is going to somehow suck you in to her evil religious organization???
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:41 pm
Spuit elf...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:44 pm
JC - she flat-out lied to us. She's using the site in a way which no one else is. She's preaching to people who don't want to be preached to. AND, she's doing it in as many threads as she can. Not only is it wrong, in my opinion, but it's seriously annoying.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:45 pm
John Creasy wrote:
OK, I was trying to stay out of this but I'm done biting my tongue., Who gives a flying f#ck if she is "recruiting" as you say?? Who made any of you the religious police??? Last time I checked, it's a free country and if someone thinks that they have a duty to spread their message then they can do that. Are you that afraid that she is going to somehow suck you in to her evil religious organization???

I concur JC (hmm a coincidence LOL) Im over the bagging of MA as well.....
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:56 pm
littlek,

Well, I am not 100% clear on how you think I flat out and out lied to everyone. I realize some think that from day one I have had the agenda of coming here to convert everyone to my beliefs. That's not true.

When I was accused by Setanta of recruiting other Christians, that was not true.

Yes, I did ask other Christians to come onto this site and post after that. I admit it. I explained it. I accept the responsibility of it. And I should have come back and told others that I was now doing it.

I just find it so odd that everyone thinks I am trying to convert them. I haven't made a statement like that the whole time I have been on A2K. I have had private emails with others that wanted to talk about my beliefs and they can tell you that I told them I would not preach to them nor would I try to convert them.

I have engaged in a lot of threads on A2K because I enjoy it. I have learned a lot. Hey, I enjoy the interaction. Won't deny that.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:59 pm
This has little to do with Christianity, to me, though it does magnify the lying and deception aspect.

If someone was spamming us with recruits from some other religion, or candlemaking, or dental hygenists in a REVEALED effort to overrun the place and change it, I'd hate them, too.

Glad to know who approves of it.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:03 pm
One thing's been accomplished; nimh's horny
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 10:24:03