God Bless the trash men

dlowan

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 02:55 pm
And the ones who forget.

And those who repair lifts.

And the food handlers who wash their hands thoroughly after being to the loo.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 03:11 pm
dlowan wrote:
And the ones who forget.

And those who repair lifts.

And the food handlers who wash their hands thoroughly after being to the loo.
That reminds me. Here in the US, most public lavatories have doors which cannot be opened from the inside without grasping the handle. So much for hands that were clean.

Copious blessings should be in store for the health department official who has the sense to mandate all such doors be capable of opening with a simple push.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 03:13 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
The DMV workers!

I cannot agree with you less. I think that Department of Motor Vehicle workers are the spawn of the devil, and should all rot in hell! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 03:29 pm
Is there a story there, Phoenix?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 03:40 pm
J_B wrote:
Is there a story there, Phoenix?

Down here in Florida, they are not too bad, but not in New York. I think that the government gives these folks a personality test before hiring them, and those with the highest score on the "sadism" scale get the job.

I have never been more frustrated than at the times that I have spent in the DMV!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 03:41 pm
And all those who pray quietly and spend time listening to still, small voices.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 03:42 pm
I once dated someone who gave driver's license exams (road tests) for the DMV. He called me one night and told me he'd failed everyone he took out that day because he was in a foul mood. We didn't date for very long.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 03:46 pm
And to those wonderful selfless ladies down at Sadie's Massage Retreat, who provide such an efficient service.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 03:59 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
The DMV workers!

I cannot agree with you less. I think that Department of Motor Vehicle workers are the spawn of the devil, and should all rot in hell! Evil or Very Mad

Yeah, phoenix is right, partially. They are not spawned from the devil but the DMV does in fact work for the devil. It's an elite group from the ninth circle of hell that were sent here to punish even the holiest of people. They need to recruit souls and so they make life as difficult as possible so that people just snap one day and do something awful, condemning them to hell forever.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 04:52 pm
J_B wrote:
I once dated someone who gave driver's license exams (road tests) for the DMV. He called me one night and told me he'd failed everyone he took out that day because he was in a foul mood. We didn't date for very long.

I think he gave me my first driving test.

God bless the Sears washing machine repair woman.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 04:59 pm
The Trashmen? Didn't they do the original "Surfin' Bird"? Great song...

But keeping my eye on the ball: Amen to Noddy re a blessing for those who keep their religious activities to themselves.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 05:11 pm
Blessings to the UPS guy who delivered a package today, rather than making me drive over to Bahstin to the big honkin' scary huge-ass building past Fort Point Channel that I can never find.
0 Replies