Boring PP presentation, how can I make it more exciting?!

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 08:45 am
Hi, does anyone have any ideas about how to make this powerpoint more exciting?
It's for english and on the topic of 'should we bring back hanging' in the UK?
It's just a load of information at the moment and we don't know how to make it exciting! Surprised
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 675 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 08:47 am
Graphics. Charts. Tables.
Use the word animation.

Float your points in from the side or the top or the corner.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 08:50 am
photographs. sounds. even videoclips - you can import them all from internet. play around with designs and animations, PP can be a whole lotta fun!
0 Replies

kermit

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 08:52 am
I agree with Bella Dea - find graphics that relate to your topic (uh, hanging, in this case) and see if you can use them to highlight points or at least get a few laughs out of it. Well, if the audience is appropriate, that is. The tricks BD mentions are also cool - making texts appear in different ways: appear from side, top to bottom, a "swish" or whatever you might call it. Sometimes my friends deliberately insert funny words to describe boring topics, but again, I don't know if this would be appropriate for your audience - I don't want to make your grades suffer. Very Happy
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 08:56 am
OK, thanks...I was sort of more thinking, what we could do to actually present it? We'll have some of the swishing and swashing etc, but we really need a way to talk to the audience and explain the point... We're going to have the powerpoint running behind us and we need to do something interesting in front of it.... Like a debate or something, but not a debate coz they're like boring......
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 09:15 am
how about stirring a debate, or getting people's attention via reading some historical speech / document in favor of the hanging - find something outrageous, something that today would sound ridiculous... tell stories of concrete people if you can squeeze it in (is it a short presentation?) - anything personal makes people identify more with the subject.... dunno, think about what sort of a thing captivates you when you're in the audience.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 09:31 am
How about this to make a point?

http://vivavegas.co.uk/images/dancing-girls.jpg
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 09:33 am
Reyn beat me to it, but my grandfather always inserted a few naughty pictures to keep folks interested in his slide shows.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 09:39 am
Don't over do the swishing and swashing, now. If you're format permits, you might take questions from the floor as they occur to your audience. Then, give them something they're sure to question. It might turn out to be interesting, and always helps pass the time.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 03:16 pm
OK thanks everyone....we're just gonna blag our way through it...being chavs, as it were....
0 Replies