DOES ANYBODY STILL WEAR WRISTWATCHES? WHY

The Pen is

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 11:33 am
I can't wear a cell phone in the swimming pool, sea?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 11:44 am
I'll need to pond-er over that one.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 11:50 am
I threw away a cheapo digital watch because the strap broke, and my friend fished it out of the bin, put it in his pocket, and he still uses it! This was 4 years ago.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 04:32 pm
pocketwatch carriers of the world unite...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 05:16 pm
i lost 'my' wristwatch over this christmas.

'my', because i took it from my mom, proclaiming it an antique item while she grumbled loudly both about me taking it and the proclamation. i had it restored, polished, and now it's gone. she'll ask where is it, and what will i say.
Dingo ate your watch, ma.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 07:14 pm
I've worn a wrist watch since I was very young, I'm thinking first grade....perhaps second.

If I accidently leave the house without my watch, I'm totally lost for the day, I feel so out of place that I would probably feel more comfortable if I had left my pants at home instead.

I have a Timex Chronograph that I've worn since 96, it's all stainless steel, both body and band, very durable and very heavy. It's in pretty rough shape....I'm a tile setter/stone mason....but still keeps time perfectly. And I have another one that I wear while not working...it's even bigger and heavier. Whenever anyone picks one of them up, they are suprised at the weight, and ask me why do I wear such heavy watches.

I like them heavy...makes me feel macho. :wink:
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 09:54 pm
i nearly always wear a wrist watch - but I use the cellphone to check the time Embarrassed Embarrassed
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 01:40 am
why blush, everyone does it. Its a very natural thing. I only use a watch when I need to time things.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 01:49 am
Does anyone have a watch which can beam them up anywhere?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:01 am
There should be a McTag watch
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:58 am
Well, TagHeuer is available....

I got an Omega Seamaster as a 21 st birthday present, a very long time ago, and it's still ticking.
Only brought out on special occasions.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 08:14 am
flushd wrote:
I have a stop watch that tells me the time. Don't have a cell phone; so gotta have something. Plus, I can time myself doing stupid random things. Much more fun.

p.s. Cell phones are annoying. ............<running like hell

Yes I agree, that is they are annoying when people are actually using them.

I have one of those pay as you go cells. I'll get a card that's for 100 minutes or 3 months, if you don't use the 100 minutes in 3 months, it rolls over onto the next card....last time I looked I had about 300 minutes on the darn thing.

I truly do keep it for the odd times I need it, and mostly for telling the time.

This was refreshing, I was at the market, going to buy some fish. The woman who was next was on a call and turned away, so after trying to get her attention, I went ahead and placed my order. Halfway through getting my fish, she got off the phone. I said "sorry" to her and she replied "Oh NO! People on cell phone deserve to lose their place in line! THAT much I get."

Nice lady.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 08:16 am
I have a 1950s Record, a smooth Swiss machine. I have to be awfully careful with it, as it rusts even when it's drizzling outside. Just today the watchmaker told me he can't fix it (it wouldn't wind, guess it rusted inside again), so I had to fix it myself. Took it apart, removed bits of rust carefully with needle point and a fine painting brush, dropped a tad of bike oil in (the cleanest of oils) and voila, as good as new. So far it's keeping time.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 09:38 am
Yes, I wear a wristwatch every day. It's a very nice Raymond Weil one that my husband bought me several years ago. Yellow gold with mother-of-pearl face. I never go out without it.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 11:29 am
dag,

shame on that so-called "watchmaker", who didn't have the know-how to
Quote:
take it apart, remove bits of rust carefully with needle point and a fine painting brush, and drop a tad of bike oil...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 11:40 am
betcha he never considered using a needle, painting brush, and a nail file to fix watches. no wonder he can't fix shite...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 11:22 am
I'm considering to get this nice watch

http://pic19.picturetrail.com/VOL1037/971768/inbox/19342.jpg

showing the actual local time at the moment of this posting, btw :wink:

Actual time here
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 12:14:53