Why do people blame God for all things that befalls man..?

mcqueen

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 04:59 pm
I have noticed that all infidels blame God for everything that happens to man.. but wait infidel dent even believe God in the first place... but they use this in their arguments that why would God let this happen if there was a God why do little children die with cancer? we can ask God and ask God but the above questions are not easy to answer...All sickness i am sure started when Adam and Eve sinned agaisnst God in the garden of eden...sorrow and pain and suffering started then in my understanding of the bible.. did you ever know one person that never was sick in some way in their lives? I don't know one person that was ever born that in some period of their life was somehow sick... we can moke God question God but God does things in his way .. we might not understand it and it might not be to our liking but according to the bible God know best for every thing... He made our minds so complex that doctors don't know hardly anything about why if function and how in functions... you who read this have the will to be infidels or what ever...even since the first man and woman Adam and Eve sinned man has went downward... we have wars, muders , rapes child abuse , and you name it man has done it... so i close with these notes and questions... what is your thinking on this subject of man blaming God for all bad that befalls man?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,629 • Replies: 65
No top replies

flyboy804

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 05:03 pm
Probably for the same reason that they thank him for the good things that happen.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 05:03 pm
If there was a god, with omniscient knowledge, and perfect understanding of everything, past present and future, and further caused all this to be...that would make god responsible for EVERYTHING, would it not?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 07:35 pm
I think it's pretty normal for human beings to want to blame somebody for all our ills. But, since we do have free will and we make our own choices, why should we blame God or anyone else for that matter?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 07:38 pm
Be careful how you use the word omniscient. If you are saying that God cannot shield knowledge of future events from his purview, then you would be mistaken.

Of course, that gets us back to the free will question.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 07:51 pm
You name it, man has done it.

And they've done a lot of it in the name of God.

You're entiled to your beliefs and I would never try to change them but you need to know that there are millions and billions of people in the world who don't share them.

At one time in his life my father was a very religious Christian believer; a Sunday school teacher, blah blah blah.

Then one day his wife was delivering their first child. She choked to death on her own vomit. The child lived. The doctors told him it was God's will that his wife died and God's grace that the child lived and my dad was faced with deciding whether God was a frikken monster or that he didn't exist at all.

He chose didn't exist.

You can belive in the sourpuss, mean spirited God all you want. Some of us don't blame him for our tragedies or grant him our triumphs and we get along just fine, thank you very much.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 07:54 pm
why are so many self-defined christians illiterate?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 08:05 pm
If he gets the glory for everything that goes right, makes sense he'd also get the blame for things that don't.

Since we do have free will, and that's what gets blamed for everything that goes wrong in our lives, why don't we get to take credit for the good? Why does that go to God?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 08:17 pm
Funny, I don't recall McQueen saying he/she was a Christian...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 08:19 pm
Momma Angel wrote:

Is there a question in your mind?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 08:20 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

Is there a question in your mind?

Well, there is a word in McQueen's post that leads me to believe he/she might have different beliefs than Christianity, but I don't know so I'm not making any assumptions.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 08:21 pm
I guess all the Adam and Eve stuff that led to that assumption.

I suppose he could be Jewish or Muslim but I really, really doubt it.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 08:23 pm
3 entries found for infidel.
in·fi·del ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nf-dl, -dl)
n.
An unbeliever with respect to a particular religion, especially Christianity or Islam.
One who has no religious beliefs.
One who doubts or rejects a particular doctrine, system, or principle.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 08:31 pm
boomerang wrote:
3 entries found for infidel.
in·fi·del ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nf-dl, -dl)
n.
An unbeliever with respect to a particular religion, especially Christianity or Islam.
One who has no religious beliefs.
One who doubts or rejects a particular doctrine, system, or principle.

Well, boomerang, I, as a Christian, have never called anyone an infidel.

Tell you what, let's ask McQueen, ok?

McQueen,

Could you please let us all know what religion you follow, that will clear up any assuming on anyone's part. Thank you in advance.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 08:56 pm
neologist wrote:
Be careful how you use the word omniscient. If you are saying that God cannot shield knowledge of future events from his purview, then you would be mistaken.

Of course, that gets us back to the free will question.

Are you implying that if there was a god, and he was omniscient, he would for some reason put on blinders? Do you happen to have precedent for this?

And yes..'freewill' is certainly no given, and is infact itself without precedent..
But that is indeed another matter.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 08:58 pm
I'd bet money he (the OP) is muslim.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 09:02 pm
Doktor S wrote:
I'd bet money he (the OP) is muslim.

Does it really matter if he is Muslim, Christian, Jew, etc.?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 09:06 pm
No. It's all the same God.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 09:27 pm
Re: Why do people blame God for all things that befalls man.
mcqueen wrote:
I have noticed that all infidels blame God for everything that happens to man.. but wait infidel dent even believe God in the first place... but they use this in their arguments that why would God let this happen if there was a God why do little children die with cancer? we can ask God and ask God but the above questions are not easy to answer...All sickness i am sure started when Adam and Eve sinned agaisnst God in the garden of eden...sorrow and pain and suffering started then in my understanding of the bible.. did you ever know one person that never was sick in some way in their lives? I don't know one person that was ever born that in some period of their life was somehow sick... we can moke God question God but God does things in his way .. we might not understand it and it might not be to our liking but according to the bible God know best for every thing... He made our minds so complex that doctors don't know hardly anything about why if function and how in functions... you who read this have the will to be infidels or what ever...even since the first man and woman Adam and Eve sinned man has went downward... we have wars, muders , rapes child abuse , and you name it man has done it... so i close with these notes and questions... what is your thinking on this subject of man blaming God for all bad that befalls man?

Where exactly did you see these infidels (I assume you specifically mean atheists in this case) claiming any gods caused anything?

More likely they were asking theists how they balance the idea that a god can cause good things if he wants to and can prevent bad things if he wants to....yet is blameless if the bad thing happens.

Why do you pray for someones health? If god has no power or no interest to get involved? If he does get involved then why is he not to blame for failing to do so?

When someone tells me a god was watching over their loved one and saved them from a natural disaster....why is it not obvious that they are implying that the same god failed to do so for those who weren't as lucky?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 09:55 pm
Eorl,

Hey, how have you been? I haven't seen you in awhile. I hope you had a wonderful holiday!
0 Replies