Where is your faith?

mcqueen

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 04:40 pm
Most people today don,t even believe that God excist....they are without undersanding and natural affections... they are like clouds without rain void of understanding...they in their on minds think they are wise in not believing in God... let talk about the human brain ..did man evolve from a ape through evolution? ...Some of the most smartest doctors and scienctist cannot tell you really how the brain functions... they are at a lost for words..just as we are at a lose for word when we try to explain the lord God almighty.... Man in his quest for knowledge is like and ant his wisdoms is limited to the ways and will of the lord God... The bible quotes God as being a spirit... It also says that God is love....and vice versa love is God... The bible says that the fool has said in his heart there is no God.... what is a fool?... fool mean unwise and not smart not very intelligent...so man who read this i have but one question where is your faith? in you and you infidel belief... or in the God who form your brain in your mother womb...what ever your answer is you,ll have to die with it in your heart and that is the choice that God give all men...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,619 • Replies: 31
No top replies

Questioner

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 04:43 pm
Good post. It really touched my heart. Er, well. . . after I got past all of the bumbling spelling errors, punctuation mistakes, and erroneous wording it touched my heart.

Or perhaps it was just indigestion.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 05:06 pm
Re: Where is your faith?
mcqueen wrote:
Most people today don,t even believe that God excist....they are without undersanding and natural affections... they are like clouds without rain void of understanding...they in their on minds think they are wise in not believing in God... let talk about the human brain ..did man evolve from a ape through evolution? ...Some of the most smartest doctors and scienctist cannot tell you really how the brain functions... they are at a lost for words..just as we are at a lose for word when we try to explain the lord God almighty.... Man in his quest for knowledge is like and ant his wisdoms is limited to the ways and will of the lord God... The bible quotes God as being a spirit... It also says that God is love....and vice versa love is God... The bible says that the fool has said in his heart there is no God.... what is a fool?... fool mean unwise and not smart not very intelligent...so man who read this i have but one question where is your faith? in you and you infidel belief... or in the God who form your brain in your mother womb...what ever your answer is you,ll have to die with it in your heart and that is the choice that God give all men...

Master grammar before you accuse others of bearing a 'void of understanding' (while of course implying that you do not)
The irony runs deep here.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 05:50 pm
I'll get back to you mcqueen...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 07:25 pm
Welcome to the forum, mcqueen. This is a good place to sharpen your rhetorical skills. You should first learn to use the spell check feature, although it won't protect you from homonyms.

Next, you should keep your sentences, paragraphs and posts as short as possible. Nobody will read a post which scrolls down past a screen length.

Have fun.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 07:42 pm
neologist wrote:
Welcome to the forum, mcqueen. This is a good place to sharpen your rhetorical skills. You should first learn to use the spell check feature, although it won't protect you from homonyms.

Next, you should keep your sentences, paragraphs and posts as short as possible. Nobody will read a post which scrolls down past a screen length.

Have fun.

Mcqueen,

I can see you are getting to know everyone? Anyone, welcome to A2K. There are those that will share your beliefs, views, etc. There are those that won't. The ones that won't will let you know it and the ones that do will also let you know.

I have a great love for the Lord. Sometimes loving God doesn't make you too popular, but hey, that's not what it's about. :wink:
[/color]
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 10:35 pm
mcqueen,

I see faith as a lazy way to fool yourself into believing whatever you want to.

I'll not be buying today thanks.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 10:51 pm
Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence.

Yes, testosterone-sodden young men too unattractive to get a woman in this world might be desperate enough to go for 72 private virgins in the next.
-- Richard Dawkins.

The second bit may be off-topic....or not Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 10:54 pm
Faith Vs. Superstition

In chapter 5 Luke tells us what Jesus did when He called Peter to leave his boat and follow Him. Peter had a family. He had financial responsibilities. He couldn't just stop fishing. Jesus understood and told him to push off into the deep water and throw his net over the side. Peter was rewarded with a massive catch. Peter knew then he could follow Jesus and still be a responsible father and husband.

Jesus never calls us to a blind faith. He is the one who gave us brains and He wants us to use them. Faith without evidence is irrational superstition. Real faith intelligently looks at the evidence provided and steps out believing in the One who provided the evidence and trusting He will continue to provide as we journey with Him.

God is not honored by ignorant followers. Just look at those who honored Him. Moses was highly educated both in the courts of Egypt and in the solitude of the wilderness. Joseph became prime minister of Egypt. Daniel was third in power in Babylon. Isaiah's literature is as good as anything you will find elsewhere. Paul is one of the smartest men who ever lived. These men did not follow blindly. They looked around and responded to the wonders of a designed creation.

In Romans 1:20 Paul wrote, "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: . ." Faith is the evidence of things unseen ignited by things seen.

http://religionworld.org/dd/archiv17/4272.htm
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 11:17 pm
mcqueen wrote:
Most people today don,t even believe that God excist....
True, so why do you still believe he does? The reasonable answer is right in front of you. You don't need faith, use your brain.

they are without undersanding and natural affections...
Actually they offer much, much, more reasoned and intelligent answers than Christians. And, I don't know what natural affections have to do with it...

they are like clouds without rain void of understanding...
Nice simile, but until you can prove God's existence, you can't tell anyone that, by believing what they do, that are void of understanding. In fact, your statement suggests to me that you are void of understanding of the religious views of others.

they in their on minds think they are wise in not believing in God...
Yes, that's where we do most of our thinking.

let talk about the human brain ..did man evolve from a ape through evolution?...
Yes, from what I've seen there is much more reasonable evidence for evolution than against it.

Some of the most smartest doctors and scienctist cannot tell you really how the brain functions...
Oh my http://www.discussanything.com/forums/images/smilies/nonono.gif Have you ever heard of a neurologist?

they are at a lost for words..
No they're not. There are books upon books upon books upon rooms full of books for the study of the human brain.

just as we are at a lose for word when we try to explain the lord God almighty....
Exactly my point.

Man in his quest for knowledge is like and ant his wisdoms is limited to the ways and will of the lord God...
Geez, then that was kinda mean of Him to let us invent the nuke, huh? Rolling Eyes

The bible quotes God as being a spirit... It also says that God is love....and vice versa love is God... The bible says that the fool has said in his heart there is no God....
Blah, blah, the bible says lots of things. The bible of CrazyDiamond says that pigs can fly, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily true, does it?

what is a fool?... fool mean unwise and not smart not very intelligent...
Hehehe...no comment

so man who read this i have but one question where is your faith? in you and you infidel belief...
I, myself, enjoy reason over faith. I don't want to jump out of a plane with blind faith that I've got a parachute on my back. I'd much rather just turn around and check. :wink:

or in the God who form your brain in your mother womb...
Go look up birth in the encyclopedia. It's all explained, all of what I did in my mothers womb to get here, and the word 'God' isn't in the desciption.

what ever your answer is you,ll have to die with it in your heart and that is the choice that God give all men...
I'll die believing in my heart that I was right.
And, by the way, I make my own choices, not God

Thank you and goodnight.
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 11:44 pm
Try not to let them discourage you from doing the Lord's work of spreading the good news and sharing your faith mcqueen. You will meet other Christians here who share your belief also, and know that we don't kill people, altho alot of others here sware up and down and even sideways that we do. :wink:

I can tell we will get along just fine. Very Happy

p.s.
Scientific brain-loving people are obsessed with grammer, no worries. I can tell you're a smart one already!

Wanda
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 11:52 pm
http://www.discussanything.com/forums/images/smilies/nonono.gif I think just being around you two is making me stupider.

Look a picture of Jesus!
http://www.discussanything.com/forums/images/smilies/jes.png
..that should keep 'em occupied.
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 12:06 am
CrazyDiamond wrote:
http://www.discussanything.com/forums/images/smilies/nonono.gif I think just being around you two is making me stupider.

Well that's encouraging atleast. :wink:
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 07:18 am
I'm the other one wrote:
You will meet other Christians here who share your belief also, and know that we don't kill people, altho alot of others here sware up and down and even sideways that we do. :wink:

Wanda

I'm oftentimes amazed at the stand many Christians take on capital punishment, Wanda. Do I take it that you are against it?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 07:37 am
It is not coincidence that the non believers jump on spelling and punctuation immediately. When you can't refute the facts... refute the way it is presented. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 07:43 am
mcqueen wrote:
Most people today don't even believe that God exists... they are without undersanding and natural affections

Well, calling me ignorant and unnatural is no way to make me believe God exists. To tell you the truth, my viewpoint seems to be less ignorant than yours, because I at least acknowledge the possibility that God might not exist as well as the possibility that he may.

Quote:
Let's talk about the human brain; did man evolve from a ape through evolution? Some of the most smartest doctors and scientists cannot tell you really how the brain functions. They are at a loss for words, just as we are at a loss for words when we try to explain the Lord God Almighty.

What are you trying to get at? We don't know everything? Well, whoopdy-doo. Any atheist can tell you that.

Quote:
Man in his quest for knowledge is like an ant, his wisdom is limited to the ways and will of the Lord God...

I must admit that your metaphors perplex me quite a bit. An ant doesn't quest for knowledge, only for food. An ant's wisdom is limited to the colony it serves.

Quote:
The bible quotes God as being a spirit. It also says that God is love....and vice versa love is God. The bible says that the fool has said in his heart there is no God. What is a fool? A fool is unwise and not smart, not very intelligent.

Says the person whose words and grammar I've been correcting all this time throughout my entire post. I think I might have done a half-arsed job though.

Quote:
so man who read this i have but one question where is your faith? in you and you infidel belief... or in the God who form your brain in your mother womb...what ever your answer is you,ll have to die with it in your heart and that is the choice that God give all men...

Right, I give up trying to correct and understand this particular section. All I can say is that you can't prove that God formed anyone's brain in their mother's womb and likewise you cannot prove that God didn't.

Does absence of knowledge indicate a flawed idea or merely that there is just an absecence of knowledge?

Furthermore, do you really think you can get people to change by insulting them? Does not resorting to insults and confusing people with a poorly worded argument indicate a lack of intelligence and understanding on your part?

Judge not lest ye be judged, it has been said. It would seem you're equally guilty at breaking this rule as everyone else.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 08:11 am
Intrepid wrote:
It is not coincidence that the non believers jump on spelling and punctuation immediately. When you can't refute the facts... refute the way it is presented. Rolling Eyes

Facts?
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 08:20 am
I'm the other one wrote:
Try not to let them discourage you from doing the Lord's work of spreading the good news and sharing your faith mcqueen. You will meet other Christians here who share your belief also, and know that we don't kill people, altho alot of others here sware up and down and even sideways that we do. :wink:

I can tell we will get along just fine. Very Happy

p.s.
Scientific brain-loving people are obsessed with grammer, no worries. I can tell you're a smart one already!

Wanda

This made me laugh out loud.

Firstly, providing fodder for those that would have us believe that Christians are an un-intelligent lot of superstitious fools is most decidedly NOT 'The Lord's Work'. Secondly, EVERYONE that posts in these forums with some hope of being taken seriously should be obsessed with grammar.

One thing you said is likely true though, you will both get along just fine.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 09:09 am
J_B wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Facts?

Read the thread
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 11:51 am
Welcome to the forum mcqueen. I am glad to have you here. Smile

Quote:
The bible says that the fool has said in his heart there is no God.... what is a fool?...
0 Replies