nick17

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 05:09 pm
Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine:
Et lux perpetua luceat eis

Requiescant in pace.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 06:12 pm
Makes me remember the December 30 1970 incident in which 38 men died (Finley coal mines #15 & 16)...for some reason that one always stays with me...

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of those who lost their loved ones in this most recent mining disaster. God bless the coal miners and their loved ones.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 09:39 pm
While you're at it, consider a few thoughts for more than three hundred people buried alive by mud today in Indonesia.

...or are American lives more precious?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 09:42 pm
I don't think we are having a "precious" contest here. All life is sacred, but when it happens in your "own backyard" the impact is always the greatest.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 09:45 pm
I hear ya, Eorl ... and as a side note, I'll offer I imagine the W Va tragedy will be high in the US headlines untill the next pretty co-ed goes missing somewhere. Meanwhile, I doubt many Americans realize Israel has been plunged into perhaps it greates political crisis in a generation with Sharon's major health setback.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 09:47 pm
Agreed GW

Asia is a lot closer to my backyard, yet we see a lot more media coverage of the mining disaster.

I guess part of our worldwide "backyard" includes "those whose cultures are more like ours"

I guess it's our own fear of death and how likely we are to being in their place that contributes to the level of interest?
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 08:44 am
Wow, I didn't think thist post would be in here of all places. (Had difficulties finding it).

Yes, my thoughts do go out to the families of those who've died, just as equally as it goes out to those who were buried alive in a landslide in Indonesia, to all those who've died in Chinese mining accidents and to those children in Germany who so recently died when the roof of an ice-skating rink collapsed on them.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 08:59 am
Personally I find the idea "life is sacred" to be ludicrous.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 12:37 pm
dyslexia wrote:

Well, dyslexia, I hope you never have anyone say that to you if you lose a loved one.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 12:47 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

Well, dyslexia, I hope you never have anyone say that to you if you lose a loved one.

You may very well have surpassed your previous high water mark for substantial inanity with this one mother angel.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 01:03 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

You may very well have surpassed your previous high water mark for substantial inanity with this one mother angel.

Oh well. I just thought it was kind of an insensitive remark you made is all. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 01:19 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

Oh well. I just thought it was kind of an insensitive remark you made is all. Crying or Very sad

I'm insensitive because I don't think humans are sacred? Bullshit! You have the gall to make a comment about what I may or may not have experienced in my personal life, of which you know nothing and then call me insensitve? I assume from this dialogue you may now understand by we non-believers find the "christian" community to be something to fear, your rush to judgement re my personal life with my, to you unknown, losses reeks of self-rightous bigotry. You have breached the line of civility with your comment above, which I find difficult to overlook.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 01:35 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

I'm insensitive because I don't think humans are sacred? Bullshit! You have the gall to make a comment about what I may or may not have experienced in my personal life, of which you know nothing and then call me insensitve? I assume from this dialogue you may now understand by we non-believers find the "christian" community to be something to fear, your rush to judgement re my personal life with my, to you unknown, losses reeks of self-rightous bigotry. You have breached the line of civility with your comment above, which I find difficult to overlook.

Shocked Whoa! Shocked Whoa! Shocked Whoa!

You have totally misunderstood me here, dyslexia. I am sorry that I did not explain what I meant. I can see I should have.

This thread seemed to be a thread where others were pouring out their sympathies and sadness at what has happened.

Your comment about life being sacred is ludicrous just seemed a bit insensitive and inappropriate to me. That's all. I surely did not mean that you were insensitive as a person. I just felt the statement at the time was.

dyslexia, I was not judging a thing about you. I was making a comment on the statement. I sincerely apologize that I did not make that clear from the outset. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 01:44 pm
I've never seen that guy mad before.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 01:46 pm
Amigo wrote:
I've never seen that guy mad before.

Me neither! Shocked And I feel very badly I didn't make myself clearer on what I meant. Embarrassed
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 01:50 pm
Trust me kids, he gets mad, and the offering here at discussion don't even come close to demonstrating that.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 02:01 pm
Thank you Timber for the accurate portrayal of my madness. I find it refreshing.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:11 pm
Could we get back to the miners and their kinfolk now?
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 02:24 pm
J-B...I pray for these people.

Thank you for posting this.

I'm still trying to find a post you made to me in another thread and I can't remember where it is now so I can answer it.

Do you remember what thread it was?

I do want to answer you.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 03:58 pm
I'm the other one wrote:
J-B...I pray for these people.

Thank you for posting this.

I'm still trying to find a post you made to me in another thread and I can't remember where it is now so I can answer it.

Do you remember what thread it was?

I do want to answer you.

While you are finding your way, here is another you missed.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1765119#1765119
0 Replies