What's with all the triple posts that seem to be popping up?

steissd

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 04:27 pm
I do not think that the attack has anything to do with the official structures of the USA. The hosting server encompasses many different Web sites, besides A2K. IMO, the attackers are just bored teenagers that consider themselves being computer gurus and great hackers.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 04:28 pm
Well I've been gone - because of continuing cracker\hacker totally nailed the server 2 days ago. Anti-american war message was posted to 80 websites. Now my datacenter has fortified the server to the max and put some traps and alarms. I'm running redhat 7.3 the highest level that has no know weaknesses yet. CDK php shell is at risk.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 04:35 pm
husker wrote:
Well I've been gone - because of continuing cracker\hacker totally nailed the server 2 days ago. Anti-american war message was posted to 80 websites. Now my datacenter has fortified the server to the max and put some traps and alarms. I'm running redhat 7.3 the highest level that has no know weaknesses yet. CDK phpshell is as risk.

Oh!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 04:37 pm
steissd wrote:
I do not think that the attack has anything to do with the official structures of the USA. The hosting server encompasses many different Web sites, besides A2K. IMO, the attackers are just bored teenagers that consider themselves being computer gurus and great hackers.

Thanks Steissd. I kinda guessed that myself. I was just pulling his arm.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 04:38 pm
I mean "leg!"
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 04:39 pm
Hummmm...I wonder why that laundry truck is parked across the street all the time now????

Maybe I better back off a bit.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 04:39 pm
As is my natural state, I am thoroughly confused now. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 06:44 pm
steissd wrote:

A2K's server only hosts sites that I own. But ya got the age thing right, they are just script kiddies.

cjhsa wrote:
Craven, who do you think is doing the attacking? Or would you rather not say?

A couple of kids I'm betting. They are using an exploit that I have posted fixes to on the internet. The fixes are probably the reason that this site drew attention.

husker wrote:
Well I've been gone - because of continuing cracker\hacker totally nailed the server 2 days ago. Anti-american war message was posted to 80 websites. Now my datacenter has fortified the server to the max and put some traps and alarms. I'm running redhat 7.3 the highest level that has no know weaknesses yet. CDK php shell is at risk.

There is no server on earth that is not vulnerable to a DOS. A2K has not been hacked or cracked. We are just being flooded with requests (pop, http and ftp).
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 07:02 pm
I'm pretty sure we got the shell locked down, for now.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 07:07 pm
Possibly, but my point is that there is no technical difference between some DOS attacks and legitimate traffic, it's all intent. So to be immune to all DOS attacks you would have to lose some regular traffic.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 08:07 pm
Rae wrote:
Nah. It's the Aussies.

Shocked

Rolling Eyes

Twisted Evil

Sooooooooooooooooo isn't......
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 08:18 pm
Of course it ain't us Aussies - we're much too kind-hearted and gentle to do something like that.... Smile

The next person to suggest it gets their knees broken! Exclamation Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 08:50 pm
While we're talking about multiple posts, I'd like to point out that you can delete your own post as long as it is the last post on the thread. Just click on the red X at the top right corner of the post.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 08:52 pm
What mac said! That can go for however-many multiples, too -- if you have 8 in a row, and delete the last one, 7 becomes the last one. Delete that, 6 becomes the last one. Etc.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 04:54 am
Tonight (Oz time) I noticed that a few of the email links didn't work .... I got the "this topic doesn't exist, etc, message ... This has happened a few times now .... Does any one know why this is happening?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 05:01 am
There have been problems on the site for the last couple of days. Craven has it under control. That's why things have been peculiar!
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 05:34 am
There is a movie called "The Tripple Echo" and Oliver Reed was in it, but he's dead now, so perhaps he's spirit is passing thru the hallowed walls of A2K Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Shocked
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 06:25 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
There have been problems on the site for the last couple of days. Craven has it under control. That's why things have been peculiar!

Bless us all! Has he gone quite mad then?

Shouldn't he be making things LESS peculiar if he has them under control?

Shocked

Laughing Surprised Laughing Surprised Laughing :wink:
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 07:29 am
Wow. I'm really glad I asked this question.

Confusion is like a narcotic to me.
0 Replies