What? Are you kidding me?

Cliff Hanger

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 09:41 am
Intelligent Design-- these are the words I use when describing how the builders of the parking garage where I house my car designed the place. They've made it incredibly easy to move the car in and out with minimal hassle.

Or when I go to the gym and they've installed shelves to put soap and shampoo so I'm not having to bend and reach all over the place. That's intelligent.

Intelligent Falling-- Harumph, it's all a part of the trend under the umbrella of creationism.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 12:43 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
I have two degrees in physics, so I believe I can answer this authoritatively. Actually, Intelligent Falling is an old idea, largely abandoned when Isaac Newton formulated his theory of gravity in the 17th century. It postulated that God helped objects to fall since the impersonal action of a gravitational force alone couldn't acount for it. Sometimes people who believe in evolution talk about it in an attempt to demonstrate that Intelligent Design is foolish.
You coulda fooled me. I thought intelligent falling was simply remembering to pull the rip cord.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 12:47 pm
neologist wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
I have two degrees in physics, so I believe I can answer this authoritatively. Actually, Intelligent Falling is an old idea, largely abandoned when Isaac Newton formulated his theory of gravity in the 17th century. It postulated that God helped objects to fall since the impersonal action of a gravitational force alone couldn't acount for it. Sometimes people who believe in evolution talk about it in an attempt to demonstrate that Intelligent Design is foolish.
You coulda fooled me. I thought intelligent falling was simply remembering to pull the rip cord.

http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/laughing1.gifGood One Neo!
0 Replies