Developing a website, first timer!

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 02:54 pm
Hi, I'm trying to develop a forum website on invisionfree and I need a bit of help!

I want it to be a role play website and I'd like to have a page linking to my website for character design. I got the idea off of a harry potter RPG website and it has the page link so you create the character then you can choose what house to be in and to have special abilities etc (Which have to be accepted by admin) and then you can use that character in the role play boards.

I just need some help making this link website so I can have the option of selecting what kingdom the characters come from and what their name is etc and I can decide whether to accept the characters.. this may sound a little...very confusing...!

Please help if you can!

Honey_rose_cr
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 722 • Replies: 4
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 07:49 pm
ores, a2k used to have a forum on developing websites. The founder of a2k was very generous with his time and web tech abilities. Look in the Computer forum.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 04:31 am
I thought this was a forum for developing websites?
Web development and design?! What the?!
Anyway...thanks....
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 08:35 am
It's the right forum, don't worry about that.

Looks to me like you are trying to tie user permissions together with linked pages?
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 04:00 pm
Okey doke! Thanks...

and um......probably...
Yeah...I just need to find a good place to develop a site which people can make the charries on, and then I can check em and accept/reject them....It's just that I don't really know how to build a website like that...maybe it's a bit over my head, and I should just give up....
0 Replies