What produces RUTHLESS DICTATORS?

DrewDad

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 09:17 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Hitler was an Austrian citizen, born there, registered there, with Austrian passport etc

I know. That makes the silly logic even funnier.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 09:19 am
@DrewDad,
I knew and know that you know it.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 10:30 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Thanks to one of Gunga's threads, of all things, I think the source of Okie's ideas has been determined:

Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning

http://www.schwarzreport.org/Bookshelf_images/liberal-fascism.jpg

Not the source, but he does happen to also recognize the same things I have recognized. Good book. Very good.
okie

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 10:32 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

This is something we've been over before here, Walter--people attempting to blame the entire German nation for the NSDAP and their policies. People who have their minds made up in advance, though, will never listen.

If you are talking about me, I have not ever blamed all the people in Germany, Setanta. Try to be accurate, okay?
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 10:33 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Walter Hinteler wrote:
Hitler was an Austrian citizen, born there, registered there, with Austrian passport etc

I know. That makes the silly logic even funnier.

And hysterically funny when the logic seems to be employed mostly by those opposing any discussion of what produces ruthless dictators.

But just to keep the record straight, did not Hitler become a German citizen? And was he not able to become Fuehrer of the German government and people? Does that not make him German?

Ah-nold was not American born either, but he sure as hell is considered American by those who elected him Governor of California.
okie

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 10:35 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:
And hysterically funny when the logic seems to be employed mostly by those opposing any discussion of what produces ruthless dictators.

Liberal logic is weird, to nonexistent, Foxfyre. I noticed common denominators in the life experience of ruthless dictators. Liberals cannot or will not acknowledge them. That is like telling criminologists that common denominators in studying criminals is a useless pursuit that tells them nothing.
okie

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 10:39 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

DrewDad wrote:

Thanks to one of Gunga's threads, of all things, I think the source of Okie's ideas has been determined:

Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning

http://www.schwarzreport.org/Bookshelf_images/liberal-fascism.jpg

Not the source, but he does happen to also recognize the same things I have recognized. Good book. Very good.

The reason liberals hate this book is because modern liberalism in America does not look very hot in the context of history, it implicates it in fact.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 10:42 am
@okie,
okie wrote:
The reason liberals hate this book is because modern liberalism in America does not look very hot in the context of history, it implicates it in fact.

The fact that you love it does not mean that liberals hate it. I actually find it rather amusing.
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 10:43 am
@okie,
Yup. Because you didn't spend a half dozen years in study and didn't post an entire peer reviewed and approved dissertation on the subject, you have been accused of all manner of scurilous motives or inconsistencies as well as accused of posting superficial points. God forbid that a theory presented for discussion should actually be discussed, explored, considered, commented on, expanded, and provide a learning experience.

No. We have to pummel the thread starter because he dared to present a subject that was uncomfortable for some for whatever reason or might challenge the sacred cow of the moment.

Tis a pity.
parados

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 11:58 am
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
God forbid that a theory presented for discussion should actually be discussed, explored, considered, commented on, expanded, and provide a learning experience.

God forbid that people comment on it and point out its flaws.

Okie's premise was flawed and that has been pointed out including some rather well supported arguments about WHY it is flawed. God forbid that okie accept the criticism and realize that his ideas have problems that need to be corrected to make it a valid theory.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 12:01 pm
@DrewDad,
It's a comic book isn't it? The cover should be the biggest clue.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 12:04 pm
@parados,
Let's start with the title of this thread..

"Produces" implies that the idea is to point out specific things that lead to someone becoming a ruthless dictator. This implies cause and effect.

It has been pointed out that many people that never became ruthless dictators had bad childhoods, went to boarding school etc. This means that while dictators may have share those attributes with others, they can't "produce" ruthless dictators since far more have those attributes and never become ruthless dictators.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 12:14 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

But just to keep the record straight, did not Hitler become a German citizen? And was he not able to become Fuehrer of the German government and people? Does that not make him German?

Ah-nold was not American born either, but he sure as hell is considered American by those who elected him Governor of California.

Hitler became a German - see my above post - in 1932.
Hitler was the 'Reichkanzler' ("reich's chancellor") in the German government. He was the "Führer" (= 'leader') of the NSDAP.

In 1934 both titles were combined and he became "Führer und Reichskanzler".

Just to keep the records straight as you said.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 12:27 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
He was the "Führer" (= 'leader') of the NSDAP.

In 1934 both titles were combined and he became "Führer und Reichskanzler".

'Führer' - the Nazis used it in various of their organisations as part (or in the single form) of titles and ranks.

Since "der Führer" (the Führer) is only connected to Hitler nowadays, the formerly common word became a no-no and is only used in combinations, like "Kirchenführer" (church leader'), "Parteiführer" (party leader), Kompanieführer (company leader) etc. ["Führerschein", btw, means 'driving license'.]

General Franco was a "Führer" as well: "Caudillo".
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 12:53 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Let's start with the title of this thread..

"Produces" implies that the idea is to point out specific things that lead to someone becoming a ruthless dictator. This implies cause and effect.

It has been pointed out that many people that never became ruthless dictators had bad childhoods, went to boarding school etc. This means that while dictators may have share those attributes with others, they can't "produce" ruthless dictators since far more have those attributes and never become ruthless dictators.

So according to what you say here, if someone asked the question, "what produces criminals? and then studies certain common denominators among criminals, it still doesn't mean anything at all because not all people with those common experiences and common denominators become criminals, so therefore there is no causation relationship whatsoever? Is that correct?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 12:58 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:
Quote:
... then studies certain common denominators among criminals, ...

What studies would those be? Resources please!
okie

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 01:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Its called study of common sense, if a child is rejected, especially when very young as an infant, it can lead to higher incidence of criminality. I could look it up for you, but in your spare time, do an internet search, ci.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 01:15 pm
@okie,
No, okie, you made the claim, I asked you to show evidence, and you failed the test. I'm not here to prove your claims; it's up to you to prove your own claims. Surely, you must be able to support your own claims.

You lack common sense; that's the reason why I'm asking you to prove what you claim.

CLUE: Don't use Sowell as your resource.

ican711nm

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 01:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
What do the following ruthless dictators have in common:
Mussolini, Hitler, Hirohito, Stalin, Mao Zedong, Ho Chi Minh, and Pol Pot. not to mention , Castro, and Chavez?
Setanta

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 02:09 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:
What do the following ruthless dictators have in common

Most glaringly, they have in common that you and Okie don't know a goddamned thing about any of them.
0 Replies