The Universe is About to End!

Im the other one

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 11:17 pm
Actualy, this earth will not end. It will just be purified by fire.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 11:25 pm
Good point I'm the other one.

Revelation 21: 1-2 says: Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 11:50 pm
And I can't wait!

It will be so beautiful MA.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 11:58 pm
You and me both, I'm the other one! I am so ready. I grow so weary of the ways of the world.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:08 am
Amen
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:16 am
Sad <~~~~~ worn out.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:20 am
Me too! Bedtime. Night all.
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:23 am
Nitey night.

Don't let the lepers bite.
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:36 am
I'm the other one wrote:
Nitey night.

WTF?! Dont let the lepers bite? What's that supposed to mean? People with leprosy don't bite!

http://www.discussanything.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif hahaha!!
Definitely never heard that one before! Rolling Eyes Thanks for the amusement, I guess.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 10:54 am
CrazyDiamond wrote:
I'm the other one wrote:
Nitey night.

WTF?! Dont let the lepers bite? What's that supposed to mean? People with leprosy don't bite!

http://www.discussanything.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif hahaha!!
Definitely never heard that one before! Rolling Eyes Thanks for the amusement, I guess.

http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/blinksmiley.gif

Are you serious? You actually felt you had to point that out and poke fun?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 10:58 am
Why shouldn't someone poke fun at such a pack of mealy mouthed hypocrits . . . eager for the day when they can see the destruction of those who don't share their crackpot beliefs. Visions of firey torment for the infidels light up your most fervent dreams. What a hateful bunch you all are.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 11:35 am
What started off as a light-hearted look at the end of the universe has regressed into a scathing theological assessment of whether or not lepers bite. Let's all lighten up and enjoy the end days with a beer in one hand and your best guy/girl in the other and shout out "wow! What a ride!"
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 11:58 am
I was thinking recently that there is something decidedly unpleasant about fanatical believers. They not only find comfort in the knowledge that they personally are heaven bound, but in the knowledge that the unbelievers are destined for hell. Well at least the Pope has abolished Limbo. Is there a an islamic equivalent btw? And where have all the residents of Limbo been relocated to?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 11:59 am
Mr. Setanta Wrote:

Quote:
Why shouldn't someone poke fun at such a pack of mealy mouthed hypocrits . . . eager for the day when they can see the destruction of those who don't share their crackpot beliefs. Visions of firey torment for the infidels light up your most fervent dreams. What a hateful bunch you all are.

Sir, kindly point out to me in just one instance where I said I was eager to see the destruction of those who don't share in my beliefs? Please show me where I even slightly implied that I have visions of fiery torment for the infidels that light up my most fervent dreams? Please show me one post where I said any particular person was going to hell?

Please, Mr. Setanta, back up your assertions.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:02 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
I was thinking recently that there is something decidedly unpleasant about fanatical believers. They not only find comfort in the knowledge that they personally are heaven bound, but in the knowledge that the unbelievers are destined for hell. Well at least the Pope has abolished Limbo. Is there a an islamic equivalent btw? And where have all the residents of Limbo been relocated to?

The Pope abolished Limbo?!

When the flip did that happen?
Man, I'm losing touch...

So, is it now either one way or the other from the get go?

Wait, wait, let me get my terms straight....limbo is the same as purgetory, right?

so steve, the pope abolished purgatory!

I always found such comfort in purgatory...he never asked me.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:05 pm
oh wait, limbo is the place where children that weren't baptised go, and people who were born before jesus.

that's all right then.

limbo was stupid.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:09 pm
Let's all limbo. How low can you go?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:10 pm
The idea of Limbo goes back to the Middle Ages and was a reaction on the part of Peter Abelard to the severe doctrine put forth by St. Augustine in the fifth century A.D., that every unbaptized soul must go to hell where, however, they would be subjected only to a mitissima poena, a very mild pain, if they had led good lives.

Abelard argued that even this light pain was too harsh a punishment for innocent unbaptized children whose only sin was that of being born with Original Sin, the legacy of the first man, Adam, and which can be washed away only by the sacrament of baptism.

Abelard said such babies should not suffer the torments of hell but only the loss of the Beatific Vision, the glorious sight of God Himself, which only the blessed may enjoy in Paradise. Therefore they should dwell in a rather foggy but painless place called Limbo, derived from the Latin word limbus, meaning "edge." To be "in limbo" was to be on the edge of happiness, suspended between delight and pain, feeling neither.

The babies would not lack for company. There was a section of Limbo called the Limbus Infantium, for children, and another called the Limbus Patrum, the Limbo of the Fathers, for Hebrew prophets. These righteous, far-seeing men merely had the misfortune to be born before Jesus Christ. Obviously, they didn't deserve hell for being born too soon. So they could stay in Limbo.

Abelard's view found favor with Innocent III (1161-1216), the most powerful pope in history, who had been a lawyer before he was elected. Innocent liked the idea of Limbo, a neat fourth drawer in the afterlife where untidy leftovers could be kept. He published a Body of Canon Law, in which he said that those in Limbo would suffer "no other pain, whether from material fire or from the worm of conscience, except the pain of being deprived forever of the vision of God."

From here onward, Limbo gradually became kinder and kinder, gentler and gentler.

St. Thomas Aquinas, the "Angelic Doctor" of the church, said in the 13th century that Limbo must be completely painless. Babies can't miss what they have never known or seen, so the deprivation of the sight of the Beatific Vision cannot hurt them. Indeed, St. Thomas said, Limbo must be a place of positive happiness, because it is so close to heaven and God.

The ecumenical Council of Florence in 1438 came close to abolishing Limbo but got sidetracked by the question of Purgatory and attempts to reunite the Greek Orthodox Church with the Rome-based Latin church.

In 1904, Pope Pius X defined Limbo in his catechism. "Babies dead without baptism go to Limbo, where they do not enjoy God, but neither do they suffer, because, having Original Sin alone, they do not deserve Paradise, but neither do they merit Hell or Purgatory."

In 1992, Pope John Paul II took another step. "The Church can do no more than trust in the mercy of God, who desires that all men be saved," says the catechism published that year, citing the biblical epistle of Timothy (I.2;4) "Who will have all men to be saved and come unto the knowledge of the truth."

John Paul II also cited the Gospel of St. Mark (10:14) where Jesus says: "Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not, for of such is the kingdom of God."

The draft catechism goes before a board headed by William Josef Levada of the Vatican's Holy Office, which will issue its recommendations to the Pope today, the Corriere della Sera reported.

If it is adopted and ratified by "Papa Ratzi," as the Italians call him, Limbo will no longer be in Limbo. It will cease to exist altogether. Billions of babies, along with the prophets Isaiah, Jeremiah, Hosea, Ezekiel and the other great Jewish seers, will finally get into Catholic Heaven.

Yay!!!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:10 pm
I've seen some very nice cleavage while watching limbo. Do you limbo Chai?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:25 pm
I'm a limbo bimbo

I'm gonna be limboing when the universe ends.
0 Replies