Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 05:26 pm
@Swimpy,
wearing: navy cuffed 7/8 pants, navy tank with lace edging at cleavage and lower edge, oxblood leather sandals, chunky black leather belt with lots of studs and bolts and junk, frizzy blonde hair is wearing me today
listening to the big floor fan to the left, the ceiling fan to the right, the radio behind me, the shower running upstairs
drinking: Nuttin' but mighty thirsty.
eating: Nope, but considering some more cucumber slices
doing: trying not to sweat
feeling: tired
wanting: peace of mind
Looking forward to: weather cooling down in the autumn
ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 05:39 pm
@ehBeth,
listening to this and just weeping with laughter

http://www.cbc.ca/thisisthat/

One of the few things I really love about summer is these guys.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2011 05:48 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: camo capris, white beater, a pile of frizzy hair
listening to the big floor fan to the left, the ceiling fan to the right, the radio behind me
drinking: Nuttin'
eating: Nope, but there's rye bread being toasted
smelling: that yummy rye toast toasting
doing: trying not to sweat
feeling: tired
wanting: peace of mind
Looking forward to: weather cooling down in the autumn
Lash

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 04:52 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: much frizzier hair than ehBeth, grabbed back rudely in a trailer park ponytail (my apologies to women living in trailer parks who have maitained good hair), Ocean beach t shirt, exercise pants, tennis shoes
listening to: My man mocking football commentators, who deserve it
drinking: Fat Tire ...#3. My favorite number, if not my favorite beer...
eating: nothin', but breakfast is a distant memory. I shouold be cooking supper, but I am beerful and lazy after a busy-ass day.
smelling: Trader's Joe's ultra mild (and likely useless) cleaner "...is next to Godliness", wafting up from previously embarrassingly stained kitchen counters.
doing: enjoying watching man and dog play and love on couch, taking a break from what seems like non-stop lesson planning, mulling a shower, which I'm sure I should catapult to the top of my priorities list...thinking about two kids.
feeling: Like the Queen of the world, but fat.
wanting: my children to move in with me.
Looking forward to: Gomez and Devotchka in Napa and the Cal Beaqrs game next weekend.
mismi

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 05:04 pm
@Lash,
wearing: My hair is piled on top of my head in a messy knot with a scrunchy. A big black and white check dress - Looks like something June Cleaver would wear. My black pumps are on the floor next to my bare feet. Pearl necklace, pearl drop earrings...all of it is about. to. go. Ready for my jammies.
listening to: One Night in Bangkok
drinking: nope
smelling: White chicken chili
doing: avoiding
feeling: heartburn and like someone is pinching me in between my shoulder blades. I am so WHINY.
wanting: to quit whining.
Looking forward to: something...anything. NEXT
ehBeth

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 05:26 pm
@mismi,
wearing: seriously frizzy blonde hair going on - it is humid today! interesting dress - the top half is a black, 3/4 sleeve knit with studs outlining the scoop neck (and a ketchup stain Evil or Very Mad ) the bottom half is a flared leopard print lace over black skirt. studded belt, bronze FitFlops. Love the FitFlops. Found them at a thrift shop, cleaned ém up, have been wearing them for about 4 months now.
listening to: interview re movement in Libya
drinking: just finished some ice tea
eating poached egg sandwich
smelling: eggs
doing:thinking about meeting George and his gang tomorrow
feeling: giddy about meeting George, Mrs. George and Junior George. Beyond giddy about seeing joeblow again. Love that joeblow.
wanting: the perfect lottery ticket - dream of winning enough to share with some good friends here
Looking forward to: tomorrow after work! (could you guess?)
mismi

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 07:54 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: Hair is still in the messy knot on top of my head with a scrunchy. plaid pajama bottoms, white racer back tank, bare feets and a man's old dress shirt.
listening to: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
drinking: milk
eating: white chicken chilli did me in
smelling: 3 little boys just out of the tub
doing: playing
feeling: okay
wanting: to lay down
Looking forward to: pooh.
mismi

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 05:03 pm
wearing: Blue jean looking dress pants, beige sleeveless tunic, bare feets, Hugemongous gold hoops, hair is down and annoying the heck out of me.
listening to: Mandy Moore - Merrimack River
drinking: nope
eating: nope
smelling: nope
doing: finishing up the work day
feeling: nope
wanting: nope
Looking forward to: supper
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 02:21 pm
@mismi,
wearing:camo cargo capris, pale pink t, tan/black sleeveless baby doll tunic, black FitFlops
listening to: Cross Country Checkup on the radio, a small dog barking at me
drinking: nothing
eating: nothing
smelling: something sweetish
doing: waiting for my puffy left eye to relax
feeling: annoyed by my allergies - lots of itchity, scratchity, puffity going on right now - glad I remembered to go walk Cori's plants Embarrassed
wanting: to win a lottery and have a butler
Looking forward to: more gorgeous sunny autumn days
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 02:33 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: white socks, blue shorts, and a tan t-shirt(
listening to: Just changed it after barely listening to a minute of some kind of business program on WGBH radio. Now some unknown Romantic of classical on WGBH's classical station.;
drinking: water;
eating: nothing;
doing: Just listening to the radio and mildly lamenting the Patriot's loss.;
feeling: My right ear is clogged up after getting water in my ear from the shower yesterday.;
wanting: To win a lottery but I don't need a butler.;
Looking forward to: Going to see Harry Potter part II again at the theater tonight with a friend.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 02:56 pm
@tsarstepan,
Hi, Tsary et al -

wearing: some multi colored sort of flowery shorts with a short silk (greens, lavenders, black, a bit of orange) kimono I bought when visiting Piffka in the Seattle area in the early 2000's. Maybe 2003. The kimono is one reason I haven't thrown out my iron, but then.. I never iron it.
listening to: Fabrizio de Andre's Mi Innamoravano di Tutto cd. Makes me happy.
drinking: squeezed orange, water, lots of ice
eating: nothing; there is already made soup in my future. May actually try baking a ciambellone - an italian cake that sounds easy enough for such as I.
doing: following football scores for the a2k pick-um thread; packing books to give away
feeling: slightly sneezy. What is that about? Dust from books, I bet.
wanting: To win a lottery but I would need to buy a ticket.
Looking forward to: seeing Diane, possibly tomorrow.

Ciambellone:
I learned about this from some wonderful video, sadly no link - it was of a hefty woman showing about food in her town, which I don't remember. Maybe Ravenna. Worth watching, so if I find it in my saved stuff, I'll post it on a food thread.
From the European Cuisines website - Ciambellone:
The recipe:

4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, creamed
Zest of one lemon
1 tsp poppy seeds (if liked)
For egg wash: 1 egg

Preheat oven to 350F / 175C. Put the flour on the work surface, making a well in the center. Add dry and wet ingredients alternately: mix well with a fork or by hand after each ingredient goes in. Add flour if necessary to make a manageable dough.

Knead until smooth: then shape into a ring. Beat the egg with water, then brush the ring with the egg wash.
Preheat oven. Shape the dough into a ring. Beat the egg with water and brush the top of the ring with the egg wash. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the bread is golden. (Note: perfectionists can bake the dough mixture in a springform pan, Bundt pan or gugelhupf tin.)
Turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool. Dust with confectioner's sugar.

A wonderful minor variation on this theme: substitute the zest of a bitter Seville orange for the lemon zest.

ehBeth

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 05:20 pm
@ossobuco,
wearing: extremely wide-legged black yoga pants, draped lavender top, patent-looking black FitFlops
listening to: something on the radio - something about the investigation into a tall ship sinking some years ago
drinking: nothing. I'm thirsty.
eating: nothing right now. Waiting for some lasagne to be ready.
doing: mulling
feeling: tired. it was a bad week for my allergies.
wanting: To win a lottery but I would need to buy a ticket.
Looking forward to: the swap meet tomorrow - getting together with friends there and afterward. going to the Serpentina North event at Nuit Blanche tomorrow. buncha powerful women are going to be there.
Crazielady420

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 06:14 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: comfy cozy jammies
listening to: The wedding planner on TV
drinking: nothing.
eating: Making potato skins and french fries
doing: talking to the hubby about the food that is cooking
feeling: bored
wanting: m&m's
Looking forward to: taking the little one to ballet tomorrow and then the park
ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 09:45 pm
@Crazielady420,
Glad to see you here again, CL.

wearing: cotton jersey dark green slacks, what I think of as my french tank top (some fading photo on it with french words, a thrift treasure), often described but now wearing-out brown leather flip flops
listening to: house noise
drinking: a cheapo cabernet on ice
eating: done with that for the evening - I was munching some leftovers from a restaurant visit with friends
doing: considering sleeping
feeling: anticipation that tomorrow goes well
wanting: to pep up
Looking forward to: some reading I've promised, some walks.
mismi

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 05:29 pm
@ossobuco,
hi there Osso. Smile

wearing: USA t-shirt, bare feets, cut offs, blue reading glasses...hugemongous loops again - but they are about to be taken OUT. Hair is driving me nuts so it's about to go up in that ever present messy knot on the top of my head.
listening to: boys
drinking: OJ and vodka. Isn't that a screwdriver?
eating: Not yet...can't make up my mind what I want to eat.
doing: decompressing
feeling: tired...and like someone is pinching me between my shoulder blades.
wanting: something...
Looking forward to: I want to go home. I am going home...but I dread the drive...so I have an odd happy/OMG thing going on.
mismi

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 04:59 pm
@mismi,
wearing: Maxi dress that looks like my art palette threw up on it. Hair is down. Got the black glasses with the color squares all over them. Bizarre but adorable. Bare feet (duh) and my blue jean jacket.
listening to: Call of duty and "STOP BEING A NUBE" - little fighting amongst the siblings. And Baby A practicing the William Tell Overture on his trumpet - ova and ova again....
drinking: Not yet...but I am pretty sure I am heading there quickly.
eating: Nope - but I AM considering a little take out Chinese.
doing: Nut'n'honey
feeling: happy and tired. Thankful some things got cleared out of the air at work today. Looking forward to a three day weekend at the beach. The professor and the dogs shall stay at home and watch football. I shall go enjoy the sand and the sea one more time before it becomes too chilly.
wanting: I'm good
Looking forward to: Well I already said that...
ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 12:41 pm
@mismi,
wearing: grey yoga pants, grey knit dress with gathered sleeves, purple silk scarve, bronze sneakers
listening to: DNTO on the radio
drinking:finishing off a cuppa
eating: just had some chicken pot pie (with pickles on the side)
doing: Nut'n'honey
feeling: quiet
wanting:to buy a lottery ticket and to win and to share with my pals
Looking forward to: tomorrow's Raised on Radio concert taping - I got tickets to the show featuring music of the 1940's and 50's. Love being in Toronto and having access to shows like this.
mismi

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 01:42 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: Red fleece coat. white T. blue jeans...fuzzy black slippers.
listening to: Fire crackling
drinking:I need water...my head hurts.
eating: nothing
doing: playing
feeling: like I don't want to do anything.
wanting:Pistol to feel better soon.
Looking forward to: Pistol's coming home Monday
Rockhead

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 01:55 pm
@mismi,
you sound like you been hanging out with dave...

I think you guys need a ferret.
mismi

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 02:32 pm
@Rockhead,
Heh heh - not a REAL Pistol silly. My puppy Pistol. He's my baby.

Though I must say I do love a great paintball gun...and with a paint ball leaving the barrell at 300 feet per second...it would hurt if it hit you...well it DOES hurt when it hits you. I know. Experienced it.
I like airsoft guns too. shhhhh. I try to look like the gunshow chicks when I am holding my rifle - but the orange tip on it kind of spoils the effect...
0 Replies