Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

cyphercat

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 04:23 pm
wearing: Lovely ancient soft purple shirt, long black skirt and my tough black boots
hearing: A quiet house, a few muffled street noises, occasionally the heater ticking
eating: nada, but wish there was something good in the house
drinking: same
doing: putting off showering/housework/schoolwork
looking forward to: Friday
feeling: Sniffly, sore-throaty, generally a bit blah
wanting: to not have an evening class tonight

Neat thread, Lash! Do you know, I think Lash was the first person to talk to me on A2K...the first I remember anyway. Razz
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 04:33 pm
Hooray!!!! You are my pookybear!!!

<performs secret pinky swear with cyphercat>
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 04:35 pm
nimh!!! Loved your descriptive-ivity!!

soz.....King Jordan...?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 05:08 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
wearing: old t-shirt and shorts
hearing: NFC Championship game, and my kids getting ready for bed
eating: tomato soup and crackers
drinking: juice
doing: lying in bed
looking forward to: falling asleep
feeling: sick
wanting: not to be feeling sick

Adding to the get better wishes for Tico...

... but still wanted to say that I'm pretty impressed, tho, by someone who can lie in bed, be eating soup and crackers and drinking juice and type at the same time ... thats pretty slick. Specially if youre sick. :wink:
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 05:08 pm
I detect detection.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 05:09 pm
sozobe wrote:
hearing: "West End Girls" (thanks, nimh. Evil or Very Mad)

That was the Pet Shop Boys ... <grins>

sozobe wrote:
eating: a multi-vitamin (well, gone now, but when I started typing).

Is that, like, a pill?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 05:22 pm
Lash wrote:
nimh!!! Loved your descriptive-ivity!!

Thankee.

You know, its like ... <browses back> ... "fitted t", "navy", "olive", "teal", "slip-ons", "t-neck", "cardigan", "fleece vest", "brushed cotton sweat pants", "jumper", "burgundy", "scarlet", "poncho", "polarfleece jacket" ... those are all words I would never even have gotten up with, trying to describe such things ... some I dont even know what they mean, exactly. (What's a cardigan and whats a jumper again? and "loden tweed cords", thats just mystery language to me ... in fact, i dont think i know exactly what "tweed" is, even. And isnt denim and jeans the same thing?)

Clothes and colours, basically, those are linguistic weaknesses for me, along with kitchen stuff and ingredients and all things technical ("uh yeah, something's not working ... what? eh, there's this plastic thing, and this, eh ... tube? and, yeah ... the thingemie thats attached, the ... metal thing? or is it aluminium or something? anyway, that metal-colored thing thats screwed on with this, eh ... the thing that goes on a screw ... it doesnt work." ;-))
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 05:23 pm
nimh wrote:
and all things technical ("uh yeah, something's not working ... what? eh, there's this plastic thing, and this, eh ... tube? and, yeah ... the thingemie thats attached, the ... metal thing? or is it aluminium or something? anyway, that metal-colored thing thats screwed on with this, eh ... the thing that goes on a screw ... it doesnt work." ;-))

Not that I'm any better with that stuff in Dutch... ;-)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 05:26 pm
Laughing

I. King Jordan is kinda the Martin Luther King Jr. of Deaf culture (ooh, and they even share a "King"), the first Deaf president of Gallaudet University (and the result of the major "Deaf President Now!" movement).

The multi-vitamin is a kind of a pill, yeah, but chewable and tasty. I bought 'em for sozlet but I've been taking 'em too.

(It's a short journey from Depeche Mode to Pet Shop Boys -- I can't be held responsible for my eternally-shuffling-inner-iPod...)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 05:49 pm
wearing: double-layered diagonal neck lilac sweater (lace from the under layer sticking up past the top layer), bias cut knee length a-line skirt in 3 shades of grey, black tights, black clogs
hearing: a radio interview with a Conservative party pundit deconstructing the regional election results
eating: nuthin
drinking: nuthin
doing: email, A2K
looking forward to: "cassarole"
feeling: sleepy (I shouldn't have stayed up so late watching the election results)
wanting: ?can I tell the truth here?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 05:52 pm
yes
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 06:41 pm
she wants lurve

tee
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 06:41 pm
and ehBeth-- I love what you have on!
0 Replies

Teperehmi

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 09:19 pm
wearing: comfy black yoga pants, red hooded sweatshirt, socks (my feet are cold)
hearing: creepy laughter from next door (and really annoying too)
eating: nothing (im still full from ricotta for dinner)
drinking: nothing but definately thirsty
doing: getting ready for bed (already)
looking forward to: sleep, the weekend, feeling not so crappy
feeling: slightly sick, nervous about first day of work tomorrow (though slightly excited)
wanting: to not look like an idiot on my first day at work and to feel better
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 09:22 pm
wanting: a couple of hours alone in my house

Confused
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 10:13 pm
Boy, was I wrong.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 10:25 pm
Lash wrote:
Hooray!!!! You are my pookybear!!!

<performs secret pinky swear with cyphercat>

I-- I-- I've never been anyone's pookybear before! <sobs unrestrainedly>

And I am NEVER letting you forget this! Someday, when I poke my nose into the politics forum again, and you're about to lambast me, I'll just say, "Ha ha, you already said I'm your pookybear, I know you love me! Nyaah nyah!" And if anybody else is being mean to me, I'll say, "Oh yeah? You really wanna say that to Lash's pookybear?" They'll back right off I betcha. Neat!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 10:26 pm
<laughs hysterically, resigns self to nutty liberal views of pookybear>
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 05:22 am
cyphercat wrote:
And if anybody else is being mean to me, I'll say, "Oh yeah? You really wanna say that to Lash's pookybear?" They'll back right off I betcha.

Ehm, I'm afraid that might actually bring out the worst in people ... especially on the Politics forum ;-)
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 01:17 pm
Yah, but it'll be amusing anyway.
0 Replies