Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

Lash

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 05:58 pm
wearing: my fat jeans, which are tight!, a brown spandex sleeveless top, my cold weather, brown clodhoppers
hearing: Wake Me Up-----Evanescence...blasting
eating: Ramens
drinking: strong coffee
smelling: cig smoke
doing: eating supper, mulling trip to the gym
looking forward to: getting situated at Grad School
wanting: to get back in shape
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 06:26 pm
@Lash,
wearing: old sneakers (which now probably have goatshead stickers in the treads), grey sweat pants, a grey blue knitty hoodie, that's it.
hearing: my old fallback, Fabrizio de Andre's Mi Innamoravo di Tutto cd, the first piece, Coda di Lupo, loudish
eating: thinking about what to do with the mushrooms
drinking: nothing yet, just wait
smelling: nada, I've lousy smelling
doing: trying to read the last six pages of Lawrence on the Etruscans before I shower and cook dinner
looking forward to: seeing cousins in fall, maybe taking trip to CA with them (depends on money)
wanting: this weather to continue (I'm not very fond of the spring winds here, and it's still today, probably through March, though we've already had a couple of whipper snappers)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 07:38 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: grey/green tartan jean-cut pants, acid green wrap top, enormous green shot-silk scarf, grey fleece hoodie, green tartan socks, frightfully big bronzy and shell dangle earrings
hearing:Set channel-surfing
eating: nothing
drinking: need some tea
smelling: grilled lamb chops in the air
doing: laundry, facebook gaming, reading stuff at a2k
looking forward to: tomorrow's snow and concert
wanting: to feel more settled, I've got the bad-economy-heebie-jeebies
ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 11:26 am
@ehBeth,
wearing: red floods, giant white/red Team Canada fleece jersey, black/red socks with fluffy/sparkly snowmen
hearing:Scary Movie on the teevee
drinking: cold tea
smelling: Set's coffee, dog's lamb broth
doing: laundry, facebook gaming, reading stuff at a2k
looking forward to: more of this nice relaxed feeling
wanting: more of this nice relaxed feeling
ossobuco

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 11:36 am
@ehBeth,
wearing: bathrobe
hearing: nothing
eating: waiting for two blueberry flour/corn muffins to thaw
drinking: hot coffee
doing: gearing up for cleaning day
looking forward to: doing some front yard watering
wanting: am following butrflynet's trip from sacramento to new mexico, wishing it to be easier from now on.
Swimpy

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 12:12 pm
@ossobuco,
wearing: From the bottom up: running shoes, black stretch pants, black turleneck under a grey hooded sweatshirt
hearing: Broken Man's Lament by Emmylou Harris
eating: waiting for lunch time
drinking: nothing
doing: working
looking forward to: not working
wanting: this cold to go away.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 05:38 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: sage green wide leg cords, black 3/4 sleeve t with peridot/rhinestone dragonfly pin, green tweed high heeled booties (much nicer than they sound), enormous green silk scarf, small animal print silk scarf in green/black/grey swirlies, peridot-coloured sparkly beaded necklace
hearing:a man with a verra verra sexy accident being interviewed on the radio (oh he's a former president of Colombia talking about drug wars or something)
smelling: the cauliflower/cheddar etc soup on the stove
doing: facebook gaming, reading stuff at a2k
looking forward to: sleeping in tomorrow
wanting: more of this nice relaxed feeling
ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 06:23 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: greige (greyish beige) slacks, navy merino wool turtleneck, a hard to describe woven top that reads as brown from a hundred feet away but is of many colors, and a silver brooch that is a drafting board with t square, triangle, and compass laid out on it, silver bracelet bought in Mexico City, zona rosa, in 1967 - and beige flip flop shoes
eating: am in a state of considering eating
drinking: rum and chocolate milk on a huge number of ice cubes
doing: filing paperwork in between checking out a2k
looking forward to: seeing dvd "Burn" with Dys and Diane on Sunday
wanting: nothing too horrible to be wrong with my car (take it in tomorrow morning)
Swimpy

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 06:35 pm
@ossobuco,
wearing: jammies, slippers and a fleece jacket
hearing: The Road bu Cormac McCarthy audiobook
eating: ice cream bar
drinking: nada
looking forward to: Spring!!!!! I'm starting seeds for the garden tomorrow. (That is if the potting mix is thawed out by then <sigh>)
doing: wasting time on the interweb
wanting: osso's car to have nothing horrible wrong with it. Good luck dear.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 06:50 pm
@Swimpy,
Thanks, Swimp.

Didja notice the ehBeth is in her green phase?
mismi

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 06:53 pm
@Swimpy,
wearing: Yoga pants, tank w/polar fleece shirt, black fuzzy slippers
hearing: Wii bowling
eating:nuttin
drinking: nuttin
looking forward to: my steak tonight - med rare, spring mix salad with bosc pairs, pecans, red onion and redwine vinegrette. Pinot Noir - La Crema - delish...
doing: piddle fartin' around
wanting: to eat very badly
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 06:54 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm preparing for the St. Patrick's Day Parade.

Reminds me - I need to find my St. Patrick's Day Parade socks.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 02:26 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: greige (greyish beige) slacks, acid green long sleeved tee, a hard to describe woven top that reads as brown from a hundred feet away but is of many colors, paper mache sparkly earrings, my scuffy taryn rose loafers
eating: just finished 1/3 piece of a slice of chocolate cream pie
doing: filing paperwork in between checking out a2k; also roasting a chicken, will make butter/ginger/lime sauce.
looking forward to: seeing dvd "Burn" with Dys and Diane on Sunday
wanting: the car turned out to need a new timing belt and water pump - thus I want money to fall from the sky in through my kitchen door

mismi

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 02:52 pm
@ossobuco,
wearing: low rider jeans, black t, brown yoga hoodie, converse (black)
hearing: Wii - again
drinking:
diet coke
doing: this
looking forward to: Going to see Mom and Dad
wanting: for money to fall out of the sky and through Osso's kitchen door for her car.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 03:44 pm
I did notice a definite lean toward green.

Re: car - Do I recall you drive a Japanese model, perhaps a Honda? Parts are spensive. Hope that money falls from the sky...a tax refund perhaps?

Swimpy

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 03:49 pm
wearing: from the top: blue striped shirt under a royal blue v-neck sweater, a black fleece jacket, light kahki trousers, running shoes (greenish)
hearing: fan in the kitchen. No longer hearing smoke alarms as the smoke from the burning tortilla chips has subsided <sigh>
eating: munching on the burnt tortilla chips...not too bad
drinking: caffeine free diet coke
doing: making supper and cleaning the house
looking forward to: 70 degrees F by Monday! Yee Ha!
wanting: very little...I'm good.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 03:54 pm
@Swimpy,
'91 Volvo station wagon turbo 740, a peach of a car most of the time, probably the best car I've ever had, if not the most absolute fun. On money, my finances are hilarious. I seriously need to get going on craigs list, ebay, amazon books, garage sales, etc. Or at least start buying lottery tickets.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 04:02 pm
@ossobuco,
To go on about the volvo - it has the old heavy steel body, combined with near all around windows (good for someone like me who because of my peripheral vision stuff has lifelong compensated by always always looking this way and that as I drive.) I bought it used in '99 from the guy who was the sound man on "Something about Mary", who'd taken really good care of it. Still has only 120,000 miles, nothin' for a volvo, or at least nothin' for one of the old type volvos. (Good car, she says, virtually petting the hood...)
ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 04:07 pm
@ossobuco,
Murmuring further, I think the most absolute fun car I've ever had (have had something like 13 cars) was the red fiat 124 spyder in 1974, convertible, used, always leaked transmission fluid. A cheapo take on what I really wanted, which was a navy alfa romeo convertible.
Swimpy

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 04:09 pm
@ossobuco,
I dated a guy who had a Fiat Spyder, older model probably late '60s. His was yellow.