Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2022 09:44 pm
https://www.boredpanda.com/scolding-strangers-child-taking-things-without-asking/?fbclid=IwAR08oLBysNKiXcqV08AhkGEu24OpLIcktRynJWbYUV4nK9VgoJ5d9vlGD_4&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2022 10:41 pm
I would’ve spoken sharply with the kid *and the mom* if she had the nerve to tell me that I should let her kid play with my hat. I feel like I’d karate chop them.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2022 10:10 am
@Lash,
"them". You'd consider karate chopping a kid. Or someone else.

Every time, I think you've left the dark-side ...
Lash

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2022 10:13 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I’m certain you know I was joking.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2022 04:56 pm
Wearing: pretty dramatic grey summer wrap skirt—maxi, pale celery rippled sleeve thin top, turquoise readers, happy attitude, snappy cut out celery green wedge heels. (Had them for a decade, worn them twice—yay!!!
hearing: overlapping happy conversations, erratic mind-numbing guitar. Can’t place genre, but I want to punch the artist and the person who is playing this in the otherwise nice Greek restaurant.
eating: Fantastic gyro salad!!
drinking: Blue Moon, ladies and gents.
doing: Hesitating to go home..
feeling: exceptional but indecisive
wanting: to see my daughter
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2022 11:13 am
Wearing: dil’s handmedown 20 year old navy adidas loungers (love!), soft cotton navy-ish t-shirt depicting Jack O’Neill’s Fishing Division, nude macramé slip-ons, son’s most awesome handmedown charcoal hoodie—some post-gothic sentiment drawn on back. Laughing. I’ve forgotten. Gonna take it off and look.
hearing: CNN news report about a wife shepherding her children to a safe Ukrainian border, having left her husband to fight the Russian army. No longer laughing.
eating: Digesting 🍳
drinking: Black coffee.
doing: Trying to come to terms with my ‘terror scrolling’ and trying to plan an outing to clear my head. I’m surprised at how consumed with sadness I am about what’s happening right now. Eyes are wet almost all the time. Not sure why this war steps forward as personally more upsetting. Yemen is no less horrifying. Maybe because I’ve felt hope watching the Zelensky story—and I feel sure I’m soon to see its end—and bigger than the loss of this hero, it speaks loudly to the hope of authentic self-determination for the rest of us.
feeling: sad
wanting: good to prevail
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2022 11:17 am
Wearing: longish black tunic, too short-sleeved for this 50 degree F restaurant, but perfect for the nice summery weather outside if I live to get back out there. My awesomest non-wholey jeans, my beige cloth deck shoes.
hearing: Male patron recounting his recent heart attack at length to the waitress who has not brought my beer.🤨.
eating: Grilled shrimp!! Caesar salad.
drinking: Definitely not my beer.
doing: Listening to how god drove this guy’s truck and was answering the phone for his wife. As the minutes pass, I begin to understand that this man has been quite impressed with god’s curbside and phone wrangling assistance and now will not complete a sentence without mentioning god. Two friends have called this guy during his lunch, prompting this guy to recount the exact story that he shared with my waitress. If there is a god, he’s having a fun Sunday ******* with me. Tipping one to Harvey and Tabitha’s buddy god.
feeling: relaxed, resigned, concerned, and blessed
wanting: to see my daughter
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 6 May, 2022 07:24 am
Wearing: Celery, ribbed t top; soft black and purple skin-tight gym pants.
hearing: Chanting of local celebrants in the Sacred Valley, Peru—commentary by Martijn Dolaard (a YouTube guy I love to experience)
eating: Blueberry muffin
drinking: Coffee, black
doing: Enjoying not being in a classroom, relishing not being in a constant state of anxiety about what I have to do next, feeling gratitude that I feel more physically and mentally and emotionally relaxed. Looking at La Paz with Martijn.
feeling: pretty happy and grateful
wanting: a long weekend with my daughter
Lash

Reply Fri 6 May, 2022 04:41 pm
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

wearing: Grey t-shirt with dark grey leaves and stuff printed all over, low riders, bare feets
hearing: Nick of Time by Bonnie Rait
eating: nope
drinking: nope
doing: avoiding laundry
looking forward to: Oh gosh - May 15 I suppose
feeling: blah
wanting: the laundry to be miraculously done.

NICK OF TIME!!?
What happened to my life??

And where is Mismi?❤️😎
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 06:35 am
@Lash,
Yeah, where did Mismi go?

Wearing: pale blue and white, sleeveless, striped night shirt, soft grey leggings 3/4 length, warm white housecoat and slippers
hearing: distant highway noises. I don't always hear them, depends on... what? Barometric pressure?
eating: no
drinking: Coffee with cream
doing: very little
feeling: good (ish)
wanting: to play backgammom and drink beer tonight
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 10:09 am
@Joeblow,
wearing: Grey dress shirt, khakis, casual blue (faux)suede shoes. I need to replace most of my everyday work shirts. They getting a bit worn and weary.
hearing: Too long silence on WQXR streaming service.

Now something's playing: Giuseppe Verdi's La Traviata: Suite
eating: Nothing.
drinking: White Peach Matcha iced tea I brewed up yesterday afternoon.
doing: Twiddling me thumbs at work. Just did my file pickup rounds around the main office 10+ minutes ago.
looking forward to: The latest Korean film from the legendary director, Park Chan-wook: Decision to Leave.
feeling: A great and wonderful philosopher once wrote her feelings:
"blah" Very #relatable.
wanting: 6PM to come sooner rather than later.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 12:06 pm
wearing: my favorite house uniform—one of the three black threadbare cotton shirtdresses I collected from Old Navy about 4 years ago. Red toenail polish.
hearing: Chris Hedges telling bad truths about the CIA via The Chris Hedges Report on YouTube... hum of fridge
drinking: Rather lg Modelo Especiale.
doing: Lolling through a lazy afternoon, thinking I should stop listening to Chris Hedges telling bad truths about the CIA. Shifting gears.
looking forward to: my daughter telling me of plans to visit (!!!)
feeling: Happy more often lately—grateful, relaxed.
wanting: a good movie?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 01:32 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

wanting: a good movie?

Feel free to steal movies from this list of new/newish released movies.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2022 11:04 am
@Lash,
wearing: ratty grey dress pants; grey dress shirt; slightly fashionable green sneakers.
hearing: NPR One story on "Volunteers, private groups step up when states fall short to test lakes for toxic algae", Kansas City area story
drinking: water;
eating: About to make my usual PB and honey sammich for lunch;
doing: waiting for work to materialize;
feeling: a little peckish;
wanting: financial security.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2022 03:34 pm
@tsarstepan,

wearing:black sneakers, tan khakis, light blue buttoned shirt, tan pullover sweater.
hearing: The Very Thought Of You, cover by Jeri Southern streaming on WQXR's New Standards station.
drinking: Iced Irish breakfast tea.
doing: Waiting for work to materialize and/or the work day to end in 27 minutes. Whichever comes first.
feeling: A little peckish.
wanting: Still financial security.
Bubbles66

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 04:18 am
@tsarstepan,
wearing: Black pencil skirt, peach coloured Jumper, low healed black shoes
hearing: Music on the local radio station.
drinking: Nescafe coffee.
eating: Toast with marmite on.
doing: Waiting for the washing machine to finish.
feeling: Confident.
wanting: The supermarket delivery man to arrive then that's that done.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 08:56 pm
wearing: Navy thigh-length top, nothing else
hearing: Gavin and Zac, riffing on bro-cursing each other because they feel stupid about space. They think they should invite NeilDegrasse Tyson on the podcast to educate them ; I concur. They are now outed as obviously stoned as **** and laughing into the cameras.
drinking: 2nd and last Blue Moon
eating: Just finished 8 almonds and 8 walnuts.
doing: appreciating Bill Burr
feeling: Satisfied
wanting: a blueberry muffin
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2022 01:27 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
doing: appreciating Bill Burr

He is a national treasure. Not biased because he's from Boston. Nope. Not at all. Surprised Wink Very Happy

wearing: faux blue suede shoes; navy blue dress pants; buttoned-up blue and black dress shirt.
hearing: Moonlight Becomes You, Bing Crosby on WQXR's New Standards streaming station.
drinking: iced Irish breakfast tea with skim milk. Need to refill my cup now.
eating: Nothing. Recently ate a peanut butter and honey sammich for lunch.
doing: Allegedly working?
feeling: Frazzled and bored. Fitting for this thread. Maybe too much on the nose. Razz
wanting: Winning Powerball ticket?
looking forward to: Korean film on Friday, Decision to Leave (2022)
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2022 03:03 pm
@tsarstepan,
wearing: faux green suede Puma sneakers; dark tan dress pants; buttoned up red/white checkered dress shirt.
hearing: Sting's This Cowboy Song on Pandora.
drinking: iced White Peach Matcha tea.
doing: Allegedly working? Living in a real world/simulation of Groundhog Day.
feeling: Frazzled and bored. Fitting for this thread. Maybe too much on the nose. Razz
wanting: Still a winning Powerball ticket?
looking forward to: Going to see The Banshees of Inisherin tomorrow after work.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2022 04:22 pm
wearing: pale blue jeans, deep navy peasant blouse, pale khaki cloth deck shoes (most comfy), really old grey otc readers.
hearing: Muzak, laughter of big party
drinking: water, Sapporo ❤️.
eating: The best sushi in town
doing: enjoying the hell out of one of 3 unrestricted meals this week, savoring the end of my work week.
feeling: happy. In love with my incredible, brilliant children. Happy that they are better people than me.❤️❤️ Blessed.
0 Replies