Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 06:26 pm
wearing: some old dark green slacks (tensil may be the material, some damn textile mix) and a gray sweatshit like thing - it looks like the old Henley design but made of sweatshirt material; yes, faux crocs, the navy ones.
The yellow ones are for gardening, the pink ones are for if I am feeling flamboyant, and the dark blue for being serious for a change. It's not that I'm fond of them, it's that my balance is a tad fragile re going down steps and so on, and they give my feet a bit of a platform to count on.
hearing: quiet
drinking: red wine, a Chianti
eating: nothing.
doing: a mix of things in the kitchen. Just took out of the oven a batch of Dan Lepard's recipe/bialys with olives, caramelized onions, poppy seeds. Am planning on bbq/pork ribs for dinner with a salad that starts with fresh cabbage. Except the fresh cabbage looks to be getting weary, so, after making sure the small amount of the salad cabbage is ok, I'm going to start up making a cabbage, carrot, celery, potato, onion, maybe white bok choy, cooked bacon from the freezer, chicken stock, soup, all to save the damned cabbage. I have all those things at hand, it's just the doing that I'm not in the mood for.
feeling: the inner corner of my left eye is a little sore, and I know what that's about. That eye has blepharitis, not that bad a problem, but the eye can clog up and it's scary when it happens. The inner corner starting to hurt is a first symptom. I know now to use warm compresses on it, or in this case, my eye masque, filled with turquoise plastic beads - the one you can heat for a short time in the microwave. Trouble is, it's hard to type with my left hand while holding that. At the same time, it's not the worst worry in the world.
looking forward to: finishing the book I'm reading (Isabel Allende's Ripper - my opinions on it so far tend to vary), and finishing my A2k fantasy baseball game preferred draft picks
ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 06:47 pm
@ossobuco,
wearing:Black yoga pants from The Girls. Love 'em. Tinkerbell tank under black long-sleeved t under awesome plum/black running jacket. Shiny black Mephistos I found at a thrift. Supercomfy

http://thumbs1.picclick.com/d/l400/pict/222044977096_/MEPHISTO-Air-Jet-Black-Patent-Leather-Slip.jpg

kind of funny that after years of trying Mephistos on at posh shops, I finally found a pair that fit at a thrift

hearing: a lot of Peter Gabriel on Vinyl Tap
drinking: nothing.
eating: nothing. Need to make some soup.
doing: mumbling about the drop in the temps Evil or Very Mad
feeling: like it was a super afternoon in the pool
looking forward to: swimming again tomorrow. with my swimming-related weight-loss, a bunch of swimsuits fit. I feel like quite the athlete Laughing with the selection of swimsuits I have now.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 07:14 pm
@ehBeth,
My take, as a sometime weight fluctuator off an on, is that swimming is one of the best things. For me, once I passed through the Y classes with a terrific teacher and built up to a mile a few times a week, going there at night with my husband after I didn't do classes anymore, I found the swimming peaceful, restorative, and that it was a sensible way to lose weight. That is, if I didn't invade the fast lane, where the fast and spashy fools with big feet would hang out.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 07:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hey! I don't think I ever saw you here before! Nice little snapshot of your day Smile
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 07:31 pm
@Lash,
Thanks, Lash. I drop in once in awhile to see who's posting. Especially the people I've met.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 11:46 am
@ossobuco,
wearing: charcoal black dress pants (fit too snugly), black dress shirt, olive green fleece pullover.
hearing: Simon and Martina Eat Your Sushi, episode 7.
drinking: Chai tea.
eating: Peanut and strawberry preserve on whole wheat sammiches.
doing: Lunch break.
feeling: TBD.
looking forward to: Batman vs Superman on the extra large IMAX screen this Saturday.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 08:08 pm
@tsarstepan,
wearing: weird black pants with white faux tuxedo stripes, white cami under a grey/black striped tank under a black/white striped long sleeve t, pink/white striped socks, random sandal/slippers
hearing: an episode of Q on the radio. First guest will be Richard Linklater
drinking: chocolate chip cookie hot chocolate
eating: nothing. recently had pb on a warmed cheddar ciabatta
doing: feeling weird that I had no dance class tonight
feeling: to be determined
looking forward to: the four day Easter weekend. the weather is supposed to improve
ckdrew670

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 07:13 am
@Lash,
wearing: pyjama bottoms, smart work shirt and dressing gown (just got back from work and it's cold in my house)
hearing: traffic from outside
eating: dairy milk chocolate
drinking: tea
doing: researching for a paper
looking forward to: a cruise I am going on on Friday
feeling: cold
wanting: a career in academia, please (and more chocolate)
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 07:57 am
@ckdrew670,
Quote:
wanting: (and more chocolate)

Here's a mountain of chocolate. Have at it if you like.
http://i66.tinypic.com/2m2ud6q.jpg

wearing: Charcoal grey/black dress pants, black fine corduroy dress shirt, thin dark blue sweater with four thin strips across the chest, crappy black sneakers (which I soon will need to replace).
hearing:
via Spotify.
eating: Just water.
doing: Covering the conflicts shift today at work.
looking forward to: Going to the Munch and Expressionism exhibit at the Neue Galerie in Manhattan this Friday. German Expressionism is one of my favorite eras of art. My brain is just messy that way.
feeling: Comme ci, comme ca.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 08:06 am
@ehBeth,
Wearing:
Little Miss Muffet outfit (Costco), welding goggles, a red cape and Union Jack wellies.

Hearing :
People screaming in the Park.

Drinking:
Yes.

Eating:
Not in between meals.

Doing:
Running after people in the Park.

Feeling:
Out of breath but exhilarated.

Looking forward to:
Tomorrow, when I shall be The Green Lantern.

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 08:09 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

Wearing:
Little Miss Muffet outfit (Costco), welding goggles, a red cape and Union Jack wellies.

Hearing :
People screaming in the Park.

Drinking:
Yes.

Eating:
Not in between meals.

Doing:
Running after people in the Park.

Feeling:
Out of breath but exhilarated.

Looking forward to:
Tomorrow, when I will be The Green Lantern.

Selfie or I'm calling you out on this one! Confused
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 08:13 am
@tsarstepan,
Ah.

<thinks>

I've left my camera back at the hospital.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 04:41 pm
@ckdrew670,
Hello and welcome! You sound fabulous.
panzade

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 05:27 pm
@Lash,
Yes she does.. UK?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2016 07:54 am
@ckdrew670,
wearing: Chocolate brown dress pants (with a limited lifespan left in their wearing life); light lavender dress shirt (don't ask... I'm not good at identifying exactly what color it is).
hearing: Simple Minds on the office radio.
eating: Nothing. But I'm thinking about eating the beat up but still intact Peanut Butter & Strawberry Kind Fruit & Nut Bar stowed in my bag for a couple of weeks.
drinking: Should be drinking water. So that.
doing: Waiting 10 more minutes before heading on my usual 10AM file pickup run around the entire law firm.
looking forward to: Going to see my mother on Friday and Saturday in Massachusetts. My father on Sunday and part of Monday before I head home.
feeling: Mildly anxious because of the visit. Trouble staying asleep this week.
wanting: A lot of things.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2016 07:54 pm
@tsarstepan,
wearing: crazy aztec print, fleece lined, leggings. jeep brand (?) socks, black clogs, sheer t that makes me look like I have a full torso/arm tattoo under a black/white knit tunic. blue/pink polka dotted wired hair thing

http://www.afroditewigs.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/l/i/lindy_four_set.jpg
sort of an odd retro look going on
hearing: blues on the radio
eating: nothing. had a cup of honeycomb cereal a little while ago
drinking nothing. making tea
doing: chilling. wondering what inspired my oddish haircut
looking forward to: swimming tomorrow. practicing the two choreos for the show at the end of the month
feeling: a bit nervous about the dark side choreos. they're mmm different. I keep breaking out in hives Mad thinking about them
wanting: it all. or as much of that as I can have.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 03:04 pm
wearing: big flouncy black sweater, white jeans, glittery black sandals, too much glittery bangles and cuffs, but I'm defiant in the face of proper.
hearing: a horrifying Cameron Diaz rendition of The Killer's Mr. Brightside.
eating: a stir-fry veggie and beef tips concoction
drinking: water with apple vinegar cider and lemon
doing: relaxing after a funny day discussing theme and symbols in Macbeth
looking forward to: moving to my grandson
feeling: desperately forlorn about my roommate moving off to grad school
wanting: that glass of wine tempting me from the bottle of Pinot on the counter
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 08:23 pm
@tsarstepan,
wearing: floral fake birkies, floral skinny jeans, sage tank with sparkly straps, Pebbles hair
hearing: hysteria about the Ticketmaster/stubhub/Tragically Hip fiasco on the radio
eating: nothing. considering my options. well, I did just have an antihistamine
drinking: water
doing: Waiting for antihistamine to kick in
looking forward to: mellow weekend. using new bathing suits
feeling: like I could scratch my eyeball out. thus ... antihistamines
wanting: it all
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 06:24 am
@ehBeth,
wearing: Long sleeve dark blue vneck tshirt with hood, blue jeans, ratty chocolate brown dress sneakers.
hearing: Punch Brothers on Spotify.
eating: Just finished a tepid poppy bagel with some decent lox and cream cheese. Maybe next Friday, I'll remember to bring in a decent tomato for slicing.
drinking: Water.
doing: Waiting for the Kosher bagels to come in so I can put them out for the Kosher-keeping partners downstairs. Then again, maybe they already came and Elsa took care of them already. Other than that? Slow morning here at work. Plenty of time to wake up gradually.
looking forward to: Going to Lockyard in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn tonight and meeting a couple of friends. Tomorrow? A long walk around Staten Island meetup as well.
feeling: Sore legged as I ran a 5k JP Morgan Corporate Challenge on Wednesday evening with my firm (with the fact that I haven't went to the gym in at least a yearish).
wanting: It all for dear ehBeth. Maybe a new laptop for myself.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2016 07:51 pm
@tsarstepan,
wearing: fun denim looking lululemon groove pants that I found at a thrift - someone seemed to have stashed them away for a special day that never came, pink super strappy tank, baby blue hoodie, my Justin cowboy clogs, lavender floral hair pins
hearing: radio documentary about the degrowth movement
eating: just had a pork burger with coleslaw and fries. tasty
drinking: had a slurp of vanilla tea
doing: letting my muscles decompress after dance class 5/5 of this week
looking forward to: sad and happy about a party on Saturday night. one of my fav dance studios is closing as their building is being torn down to make way for another jumbo condo project. the upside is that so many friends are coming out to celebrate - put on a super show for Habeeba and Charlie. They are much much loved.
feeling: stoned. took a second antihistamine by mistake earlier. oops.
wanting: it all - definitely sharing - the Tsar will get a snazzy new laptop as will Ossob