Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

Lash

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 06:52 pm
wearing: Oversized grey Nike hoodie, black yoga pants, socks that aren't nearly thick enough. (Going for fuzzy bathroom shoes.)
hearing: Leo insulting a Qumari on West Wing.
drinking: Blue Moon
doing: Winding down from 8 hours of Saturday in my classroom. (ugh)
eating: nada
feeling: Excited to be going back to my son's to babysit next weekend. !!!
wanting: self-discipline in a couple of spots
looking forward to: next weekend!!! (and Fahrenheit 451 for the bairns!! Teaching it, dammit!)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 08:59 pm
@tsarstepan,
wearing for walk:pink lace-up boots, black polar fleece pants, white down puffer coat over a lot of stuff, pink/black/white infinity scarf, one pink mitten for right hand, one purple print glove for right hand *

http://nirvannadesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/CHDONKEY-GREY-A04-wool-donkey-hats-nirvanna-designs.jpg

dog wearing for walk: navy blue booties, navy blue coat with tartan lining, pink safety vest

who looked more stylish? not me

* once you get booties on the dog, you get out the door!
mismi

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2016 05:38 pm
@ehBeth,
I do so love that hat Beth!

wearing: jeans, cool booties, skinny jeans rolled at the bottom, thrift store sweater with this cool faux mink vest. About to go put on the rattiest pair of flannel pink PJ bottoms with black polka dots and a cozy sherling coat with my fuzzy slippers. I am very excited about that.
hearing: nothing....oh wait - sirens and the entire neighborhood's dogs howling.
drinking nothing
doing: just fiddling around. Wanted to stick my head in and say "Hi"
feeling: yes,
looking forward to: well my pj's of course!

Hi!
ehBeth

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2016 10:53 pm
@mismi,
hi!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2016 11:14 am
@mismi,
wearing: Blue jeans, black dress shirt, black sneakers.
hearing: Simon and Martina of Eat Your Kimchi discussing their first meal they're eating since they moved from South Korea to Japan.
drinking: Tea perhaps. I'm a tad thirsty now.
doing: Not much. Just finished putting away a fair amount of documents to their respective file shelves.
feeling: Meh-ish about the oncoming snow storm as well as my usual fiscal insecurities.
looking forward to: Going to visit my father next month back in Massachusetts.
Lash

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2016 07:46 pm
@tsarstepan,
wearing: Same over-publicized ratty navy WalMart robe with bears, the nice teal blouse I wore to school today, and my 2007 roommate-lover's hunting motif pajama pants that he kindly let me have while we were breaking up, jammy shoes my sister gave me. Jeez. She gave me the robe too. Just what am i wearing that I actually bought? My least favorite item.
hearing: CJ Cregg and Toby arguing about symbolism and Simon and Garfunkel singing Bernie's theme song Smile
drinking: Blue Moon
doing: Possibly more than ever before, enjoying the distance between Friday night and Monday morning. Mulling life-changing offers.
feeling: Comfortably numb
looking forward to: kids and their kids and other kids
ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2016 08:08 pm
@Lash,
Interested.

wearing: my not bad to me ensemble of my raunchy jeans with cuffs rolled up as I've gotten mildly smaller, my tighty turquoise with lace tee, which I consider underwear, and my garish virulent yellow green stretch semi long sleeved tee. Same damned dark blue faux crocks.
I'm one of the ones who doesn't care if the colors fit me, it's me liking colors.
hearing: my ears
drinking: rum and almond milk and cocoa
doing: engaging at a2k, enjoying the past day, freaked about the future, for good reasons, planning to gather wits.
looking forward to: waking up tomorrow and time later feeling, alert to stuff I'm reading, sort of poetic.
I dunno, the world is a mess.
Lash

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2016 08:15 pm
@ossobuco,
Osso.

Freaked about the future for good reasons? Care to elaborate publicly or privately? Everything ok?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2016 08:37 pm
@Lash,
It's complicated. I could write a book or two and maybe should have, as I was given an Intent to Publish by a reasonably known architectural publisher, but I gave up for varied reasons having to do with life.

I remember my italian teacher, later friend somewhere in the midst of my taking seven quarters of classes, that I was hauling too much, needed to pinpoint. I never was that great in italian, but I was happy with it. I'd similar takes on her life; if anything, her's was way more dramatic.

Reasons for my fears, yes.

I never cared much about money except to get along, various reasons behind all that, and lived it. I chose what I wanted to do, who I married. Even now I'm not sorry, I still - after a bit - get him.
I've got likely one of the lowest set of ssc incomes possible, and I am trying to keep my town house, with taxes and insurance. This will implode fairly soon.

I could possibly fix some of that if I got my ass in gear.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2016 08:44 pm
@ossobuco,
I don't mind if this is known, as it will likely be why I disappear. Oh, after old imac trouble.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 03:05 pm
@tsarstepan,
Wearing: black yoga pants, black/white polka dotted tank, black/white/grey striped long-sleeved t, grey striped socks, clogs, french braid, pool-red eyes
hearing: news on radio
drinking: nothing - making tea
eating: nothing - have a chinese spice bbq pork roast in oven
doing: considering immediate food options
feeling: deltoids and glutes are really feeling today's swim
looking forward to: the pork roast later ... with lots and lots of veggies and some rice? mebbe noodles
wanting: whadda ya got?
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 04:25 pm
wearing: jeans, blue long-sleeved T, decrepit sweat socks.
hearing: Ray Charles version of "Ain't Misbehavin'"
drinking: Wire Works American Gin
eating: nothing at the moment
doing: ordering spare shear pins for Julius the Mighty Snowblower
feeling: achy from this morning's gym workout with Rhys
looking forward to: dinner with old friends at Le Lyonnaise
wanting: not much -- been a good day
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 09:37 pm
@George,
wearing: maroon t-shirt, shorts,
hearing: The convuluted dialogue and plot of Viva Knieval (1977).
drinking: Nothing.
eating: Bowl of Whole Foods shredded wheat cereal.
doing: Watching the atrocity that is Rifftrax edition of Viva Knieval (1977) .
feeling: Apprehensive and general ennui.
looking forward to: Deadpool at the movies next week?
ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 09:39 pm
@tsarstepan,
been to the gym lately?
doing any walking?
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 09:51 pm
@ehBeth,
Sorry to say, my gym attendance is sorely lacking. Did a little walking today between destinations of a hot chocolate crawl.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:28 pm
@tsarstepan,
The hot chocolate crawl sounds much better than "gym." We try to go for long walks in shopping malls.
0 Replies

doggie lover

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2016 09:53 pm
@Lash,
wearing: Sweats and a sweatshirt, but I will be putting on my fox pajamas soon
hearing: Loud cheers because the Broncos won the super bowl
eating: Puppy chow, gotta love football game food
drinking: Just water
doing: Celebrating
looking forward to: Getting a new cat! (My dad promised us last year that if the Broncos won a superbowl, we could get a cat)
feeling: Happy, but tired. It's been a long day
wanting: To get a cat Wink
panzade

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2016 11:13 pm
@doggie lover,
Quote:
Loud cheers because the Broncos won the super bowl

Dang! And I just sat down to watch the game on my VCR
Lash

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2016 05:16 am
@doggie lover,
Welcome!!
wearing: Awesome lovingly warm big black soft (does it sound like I like this sweater?) sweater, old Nevadan's hunting motif pajama pants, warm furry bedshoes. So, half dressed for work, half dressed for bed.
hearing: cars begin to drive off into the day, breathing computer
eating: oatmeal with NOT ENOUGH SUGAR, but I have to reduce, so whaddaya gonna do
drinking: cuppa, but bland. I think I need a new method of making coffee. This French press has become ...unsatisfactory
doing: postponing work
looking forward to: this weekend playing GranBam, the hideous name my son thinks he will train my beloved grandson to call me. I seem to be metaphoric to an explosion of some sort.
feeling: accomplished,...on a smallish scale
wanting: to find a spot in the world I like and settle there
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2016 08:08 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Quote:
Loud cheers because the Broncos won the super bowl

Dang! And I just sat down to watch the game on my VCR

Wait? You still use a VCR? Shocked

EDIT: I get it now. I'm slow on the uptake of the joke this morning. Embarrassed
0 Replies