Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 01:27 pm
@Lash,
Wearing: Black striped dress pants, red and white striped dress shirt, black sneakers.
hearing: Bob's Burger's Thanksgiving episode on Hulu.
drinking: Chai tea.
doing: Lunch.
feeling: See below....
looking forward to: Leading a Peanuts movie meetup this Saturday.
wanting: Boisterous confidence. If not available then quiet confidence would be fine.

And oh. Being able to read my feelings better.
Lash

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 05:18 pm
@tsarstepan,
Wearing: fabulous caramel-colored slouchy boots, slinky brown-patterned skirt HEY! the same thing I had on last time i felt sexy. Sadly, this tells a bad wardrobe story about me. I need new clothes.
hearing: a car accelerating in the distance
drinking: same cheap but good Cali red.
doing: winding down from work
feeling: stupid and pretty smart
looking forward to: Thanksgiving week off and associated festivities
wanting: more pay for the shite I do for the effing gubment
ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 06:04 pm
@Lash,
Am presently rereading this thread, thanks to Layman's comment. I'm on page 15 so far.

I see I was missing for a long time in the first part of it - that was when I was moving lock stock and barrel from northern California to Albuquerque with a mix of aggravation and hope. Stayed at Bob and Diane's before and after I bought fast (bad idea, I should have stayed at a motel and looked more, not rushed) until the deal closed. Was mildly remodeling my later to be known as Lemon Townhouse (townhouse a real estate concept more than architectural) and at some point bought a new wonderful iMac, which is presently on death's door, has been for some years, nada support from Apple.
I'm apt to be crabby and sometimes happy.

Today's report:
Wearing: favorite (they fit me) jeans, with stretchy sleeveless tee topped by turtleneck brown and beige long sleeved top. Usual navy faux crocs, this time with heavy socks. I need new clothes? I bought a few when I was first here, but thrifts all the way since then.
hearing: hum of my ears
drinking: rum, cocoa, almond milk concoction.
doing: just finished talking with Diane, now moving back and forth from kitchen to back room computer, roasting yams.
feeling: stupid and pretty smart
looking forward to: more talk with some friends and relatives
wanting: to remember to buy a lottery ticket, it's been years
ehBeth

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 09:23 pm
@ossobuco,
Wearing: black yoga pants, chocolate cami, black t, black jacket that says something about dance on the back, mismatched socks with random dog patterns,
hearing: something on the radio that I'm not paying attention to. tiny heater humming by my toes
drinking: nothing. considering hot cocoa
eating: just finished some perogies with apple sauce
doing: letting my muscles come down from the zoom zoom zoom of traditional choreo class and boot camp
feeling: good-ish
looking forward to: more dancing tomorrow night
wanting: yeah, I think a winning lottery ticket would be good. I could just live, get more dogs, and go to dance class every day.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 06:54 pm
Wearing: stomach-smashing unders, it seems; a geomtrical-patterned greys, blacks, and whitishes floor-length skirt, floppy black Coach rainboots (got em at Goodwill in Menlo Park 5 years ago! - a FIND!); a black Spandex work-out top I dare to wear as a school top MEH ESTABLISHMENT!; a granny-type knee-length sweater and granny glasses to top off the granny vibe I'm putting out Smile
hearing: computer laboring
drinking: last beer inna house
eating: Lawd be praised - the best got damn salad ever! I threw the following ingredients in a bowl: smoked salmon, turkey, watercress, shredded cabbage, English cuke, chopped spinach, sauteed asparagus. Then, I poured a bit too much Paul Newman Lite Balsamic on it. OK, maybe I was just really hungry, but I am happy right now.
doing: unwinding. Been going to bed early-ish.
feeling: Like I don't give a damn. And typing that made me smile.
looking forward to: that Tgiving hollyday!!
wanting: another beer
ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 07:44 pm
@Lash,
Wearing: my wonderfully warm greenish and black animal-print cardigan over a stretchy orange tee that peeks through at neck and below the bottom of the green cheetah (or whatever) sweater. Brown jeans, black socks, well recorded faux navy crocs.
hearing: my ears
drinking: rum, ice, almond milk/cocoa
eating: resting from fabulous lunch with Diane at the Indigo Crow. Oh, man, was that good, especially after the loud people all left at the same time (some work group of laughers). Truly great hamburger and I don't say that lightly - great meat cooked just right, good bun, fresh snappy red onions I slipped onto the burger, guacamole sauce for the fresh salad and also put on the burger; primo wine, same one I had the last time, a Terra d'oro zinfandel from Amador County, California (the only place for Zinfandel per me, god it's good.)

Some a2kers have been to the Indigo Crow with us. Bob/Dyslexia first and foremost; we always always miss him. Walter Hinteler, a few times if I remember right; Bernie and Lola, al fresco dining and laughing on the patio. Roger with me once, hated it, but he was right, we were stuck in a dark corner and staff forgot us. There's a whole new staff and chef now though.

doing: still unwinding. "Been going to bed early-ish"- me too, but not tonight. Am slow roasting spareribs in the oven. What I'm unwinding from is our visit, before the great lunch, to what we thought was Value Village, which I've heard about from ehBeth off and on, and finally checked it out, and there was one not too many miles away here. Except it wasn't - it was a giant thrift shop with another name, Savers. And, it was a big sale day, sort of like how I figure Walmart is on a Saturday pre-christmas, space saturated with people and carts. We tried it out anyway, and happily talked with a handsome older man after we came in and looked around. Ah, well, he said he wasn't from around here, when we talked about the name change. It was a 1/2 off day re a lot of stuff; I got a zesty rose colored and clearly warm sweater plus two interesting books for eight dollars. Pumps fist! Or would have if there had been room to do that in line. I'll post re the books, good finds, on the book thread.

feeling: tentatively great
looking forward to: pepping up.
Lash

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 08:04 pm
Wearing: stupid, late-for-trash-can formal length beach dress with shorty jean jacket that I wore to school and me bare feets. (so freeing to be in the breeze)
hearing: conversation of girl and boy Wink
drinking: Blue Moon
eating: You won't catch me at this much more. I eat a bowl of "cream of rice" every day for brekkies, forego lunch, and have a salad every day for dins. That is it. on weekends, I treat myself to sushi or pho or some meal that compels me to continue waking up each day. I seem to be desperately allergic to 3.75 of the 4 food groups, so this is how I ******* roll now, motherfuckers. ( hyperbole makes me feel better ) Cheers, me.
doing: being mindful. I'm living with my daughter for about seven more months.

My life spreads behind me a bit. My time with my children and my husband as a young family sprinted past me too quickly. It's a miracle that events moved her from MA and me from CA to this little homestead in the middle of nowhere to get reacquainted and have fun with each other and study together and talk politics et al. She sits here with me and we are so alike. I just look over sometimes as she's doing something, and I feel so incredibly blessed to have this time with her. Even now, time sprints. (smile) The other day, I told her I was going to dye my hair an unusual color. She deadpans me, "Lavender," she accuses. How did she know?? We're twinsies like that. I have given her dibs on lavender hair until she moves to ATL in the Fall. Then, I'm doing it!!
feeling: wistful
looking forward to: next week with me bairns an granbairn!!!
layman

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 11:08 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
...going to dye my hair an unusual color...Lavender...I'm doing it!!

Big-ass mistake, Darlin.

Don't do it!
Lash

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 06:02 pm
@layman,
Have you had a bad experience with lavender hair?
Lash

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 06:19 pm
Wearing: thermal jammy pants with a nutty mountain anomal hunting motif that I gingerly asked an old boyfriend in mid-break up if I could please have. Seven or eight years ago. Thanks, guy. And my first UGA t-shirt and no bedroom shoes cause it's cool right now (ahhh)
hearing: Jim Mullaney cause he's new in town.
drinking: Blue Moon
eating: nothing. I had my quota of salad already dammit
doing: still being stupidly mindful. Mulling a move closer to my son - sort of conspiratorially giddy at the idea of leaving the shithole I currently tolerate. Have enjoyed the evening with my daughter again - so much I'm giggly. Lots of sharing opinions, daily tidbits, memories... I'll never forget this time with her.
feeling: happy and full of beer
looking forward to: my grandbaby and son!!!!! Wednesday!!!!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 06:41 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
I told her I was going to dye my hair an unusual color. She deadpans me, "Lavender," she accuses. How did she know?? We're twinsies like that. I have given her dibs on lavender hair until she moves to ATL in the Fall. Then, I'm doing it!!

lavender's fun

a bit of a project to get it there and you need to use good hair junk to maintain it (mine now looks pale pink) BUT it's fantastic
ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 06:52 pm
@ossobuco,
Wearing: random clogs, blue/turquoise/yellow polka dot socks, wildly patterned thin fleece leggings under brown wind pants, lemon/orange Olsen 3/4 sleeve t
(this pattern but with lemon sleeves
https://item1.tradesy.com/images/sigrid-olsen-tank-top-2645650-0-0.jpg?width=203&height=307

under a blue/white short sleeve sweater with an ENORMOUS cowl
hearing: radio
drinking: nothing. considering peppermint hot cocoa
eating: nothing. Had a half slice of feta/spinach burek and a half slice of mild beef burek earlier
doing: thinking about snow being forecast
feeling: glad that the little dog had a good time while we were out (that's what the wind pants were for). Amused by how random my wardrobe is for dog-walking once it's dark and cold outside. Apprehensive about the solo development course. Kinda wish spendius was around to provoke and tease me about it. I'd do it to spite him Wink
looking forward to: swimming again tomorrow. Started doing 20 pool crossings in early October. Did 80 last Saturday. Could barely walk Monday but still feeling good about the progress I've made. Gotta stay ahead of things with aging bones and joints.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 07:00 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm watching you, got to a mile three times a week then for a long time, and then other stuff happened, less time. What I remember is the peace, once I got comfortable when first doing all those laps. Took a while, but good to get to.
Lash

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 07:03 pm
@ehBeth,
I noticed Nicole Richey's silver/ lavender hair, and I got jazzed.

Lavender-y pink sounds lovely.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 07:10 pm
@Lash,
I've never dyed or rinsed my hair, no inclination. I did buy a blond stripey sort of wig once, when wigs were big popular.. What a mistake.. I never wore it out of the house and tossed it, waste of dollars.

This doesn't mean I can't understand and enjoy other's choices
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 07:12 pm
@ossobuco,
yeah it's total relaxation once I'm in the groove going up and down the pool

have made friends with the Saturday lifeguards - 4 fabulous young guys who love to dance and lipsync Smile in between their turns in the chairs
ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 07:24 pm
@Lash,
I've been working on going grey/silver. Decided lavender/purple would be fun on the way there (and it would keep me from going back to auburn).

Now it's almost silvery for the top 3 inches, with swirls of pink/lavender mixed in past that. Since I mostly wear my hair in a French braid it's kinda groovy with bands of colour through the braid.

Maintenance is key. It's worth investing in good quality colour hold shampoo/conditioner (don't even ask how I know Evil or Very Mad ). Purple/lavender kind of slides out so it needs some love. If you're doing all of it lavender, you can get stuff that boosts the blue. If you're doing hi/lo lights you can use a color hold product.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 07:34 pm
@ehBeth,
Last pool I was in was in a motel complex in Ukiah, California, me on the way to Los Angeles. It was bordering off season, I take it. Nobody but me there in the entire place. So good. I was a behind my best then, just glad to swim.

Now - there are apparently public pools here, nothin' I can get to, plus I'm back to inept.

Oh, never mind. I need to do a lot of contacting re possibilities in this city and state, and am lazy.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 07:56 pm
@ossobuco,
I didn't realize that there was a pool in a school, within walking distance, for at least a decade. I'd been travelling to another pool - and stopped - because I was tired of the travel time. hmmmm checked the city website - there is a pool with free leisure swim about a 10 minute walk from the house.

(just checked the Abq website - there are some nice pools there!)
George

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 08:04 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Have you had a bad experience with lavender hair?
<snort>