Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

sozobe

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 05:35 pm
wearing: Black boots, jeans, black t, black hoodie sweater, black down coat.
hearing: Nothing in particular.
eating: Plain bread.
drinking: Water.
doing: Email, A2K, craigslist (stuff + jobs), trying to figure out how much I'd pay for an enormous lot of brand-new Groovy Girl stuff -- as in, even if I could get it for crazy-cheap, would I WANT sozlet to have that much? Maybe keep some, donate some, keep some for birthday presents for her friends. Imagining her face if I really got the whole thing and gave it to her at once, though... :-D
looking forward to: Spring!!!!
feeling: Frustrated, not least because it's **** freezing and there's at least a couple inches of **** snow outside, and still coming down.
wanting: Spring!!!!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 07:23 pm
wearing: dark blue denim jeans, tennis shoes, black t, haphazard mix of post-workout-and-partial clothes change after getting home. Just took off my bra. There it is on the desk--hee. The girls need to breathe afetr a good workout. Sweat and a smile.
hearing: Do Ya....ELO.
eating: White grapes, weirdly.
drinking: Budweiser, which is why eating grapes is weird. I just didn't want any carbs.
doing: checking schedule for week, checking online classes, unwinding, avoiding quiet house.
looking forward to: Decision from UGA, knowing where I'll be living in the Fall.
feeling: A weird mix of satisfaction, apprehension, pride, confidence and creeping, repressed fear.
wanting: To wake up, finished with school, happy in my career, on the day of long awaited European vacation.
Very Happy

[size=7]sozobe said ****. tee.[/size]
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 07:27 pm
wearing: a grey tshirt with a butterfly on the front, black jeans

hearing: Lady and the Tramp

eating: nothing.. yet

drinking: old coffee

doing: comparing local bank savings account interest rates.. boring ass adult ****..

looking forward to: finding our new home

feeling: bored, anxious

wanting: a few thousand bucks, or just a cold beer
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 07:30 pm
I wish I could beam you a beer, shewolfnm.

I must have shown Lady and the Tramp to my kids a thousand times. We all loved it. I love the whorey blond dog in prison, singing to the Tramp.

Was that Peggy Lee? Great song!

He's a tramp. He's a rounder,...breaks a new heart...every day...
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 07:35 pm
Rochefoucault (sp?) said something wonderful about boredom. He said that we can forgive someone for boring us, but we cannot forgive someone for finding us boring.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 07:11 pm
wearing:giraffe-y print yoga pants and top that I love a lot. teddy bear patterned beige socks. weird hairband. nooooooooo skivvies and it feels so good.
hearing: a radio documentary on the political history of hip-hop
eating: nothing. recovering from a huge plate of mushrooms and onions and pancetta
drinking:nuked Earl Grey tea left over from this morning
doing: mulling, clicking
looking forward to:meeting djjd on the weekend. seeing BoGoWo and Joeblow again. they're both wonderful people.
feeling: weird
wanting: a sense of ease
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 07:31 pm
wearing:pinstripe (dark grey/light grey) Dolce & gabbana pants, gray t-shirt with funky print
hearing: silence
eating: nothing. kinda hungry tho, but too late now, should go to bed
drinking:nothing
doing: I was curled up half-sleeping on my beanbag, then the carpet for a while, then I started typing in stuff on a2k. Sent an email too.
looking forward to:arrgh. Eh, **** if I know. Yeah, going to see my German friend! But thats still a week from now. Not looking fw to the weekend (long, empty and I wont be able to sleep)
feeling: buggered
wanting: a sense of ease (yeah, that was still copied from ebeths post, but i'll keep it)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 07:47 pm
wearing:grey chamois shirt over blue tee, soft sole mocs, levi button-fly jeans
hearing: Sally dog barking at cat in front yard
eating: just finished a hamburgler
drinking:iced tea/lemonade mix
doing: was raking Sally dog **** in back yard
looking forward to:having Japanese lunch with Osso tomorrow at Japanese place (dianes b'day)
feeling: back still sore from driving RV though windstorm coming home from Texas
wanting: a quiet and warm weekend to work in the garden
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 08:17 pm
I love what dys has on.

Hope you get your quiet warm weekend.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 09:43 pm
wearing: Cargo shorts, old favorite pinstripped charcoal gray t-shirt.
hearing: Animal detectives, or animal cops, whatever its called...wife is watching it.
eating: Pizza, just nibbling at it now.
drinking: Tea.
doing: cleaning off my very, very messy desk.
looking forward to: Getting over current illness, been fighting bronchliitis for over a week now, begining to get better.
feeling: better, but now cold is moving to my ears, and I will probably go thru a week or so in deaf mode.
wanting: a piece of chocolate, just a small one, nothing fancy....we have no chocolate but I found a pop tart...that will do.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 10:09 pm
Is the wife plying you with vitamins and orange juice? Snuggling you up in blankets? Hope so.

Tell you you've got bronchitis,...and the only prescription for bronchitis....is more chockies!!!
0 Replies

Teperehmi

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 10:17 pm
wearing: Blue jeans, blue sweater
hearing: nothing
eating: Nothing
drinking: water
doing: attempting to write a 10pt font, single-spaced, seven page paper on the Soviet economy but not succeeding
looking forward to: Summer
feeling: Tired, thirsty (I just finished my water)
wanting: Someone else to write my paper
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 10:19 pm
Smile

Yeah, she's been taking very good care of me.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 02:25 pm
wearing:jeans, floral and spangly navy/green/cream top from Old Navy, turquoise crocheted shrug, turquoise ring, black clogs
hearing: the photocopier, the printer, and someone listening to an interview on their computer with lots of attendant laughing
eating: nothing
drinking:water
doing: mulling, waiting for a phone call, trying not to cough
looking forward to:going home and resting
feeling: snuffly
wanting: a sense of ease <still>
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 02:48 pm
wearing:Deep pink batiq floral swirly cotton skirt, pink 3/4 sleeve polo, black sandals.
hearing: Nothing
drinking: Nothing
doing: Noth... oh, sorry, got in a groove there. Not much. A2K, various paperworky things on my desk, procuring after-school snacks for sozlet, peering at the rapidly approaching clouds and wondering if this storm will actually be a humdinger as predicted.
feeling: Warm, leftover from being in the sun for a couple of hours, even though its gone now.
wanting: The giant muskrat to come back so I can show sozlet.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 08:39 pm
wearing: Long brown skirt, tan loose knit top

hearing: my cat snoring

eating: nothing

drinking: chamomile tea

doing: this stupid questionaire.

looking forward to: tomorrow night.
Fire spinning . :-)

feeling: oddly peaceful

wanting: a snack. But it wont happen.
Cuttin' back calories..
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 07:35 pm
wearing: dark denim jeans <a size smaller, thank you !!!! Smile>
hearing: Sylvan Song....Heart
drinking: Coke
doing: Just submitted my last essay to my online History class; going over financial needs for the next four months, coming up with a figure for a loan to get me through to my next financial aid check; checking online classes for stuff I may have forgotten; trying to talk myself into going to bed early.
looking forward to: Knowing where the **** I'll be living in Fall.
feeling: Envigorated. Like my clock just turned back ten years. Hopeful. Powerful.
wanting: To squeeze life. Turquoise pumps... Very Happy
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 07:47 pm
wearing: soft-sole mocs, levi 501, totally beige oxford cloth shirt
hearing: Dave Van Rock-The Folkway Years
eating: Pork sammich
drinking: ice water
doing: hanging on in quiet desperation
looking forward to: getting my tax forms from the CPA
feeling: pressured to finish garden planting
wanting: time to slow down
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 08:38 pm
wearing: Solid white cotton shirt...I feel like I'm breaking a rule or something..I normally wear darker colors. And a pair of shorts that are a bit too short...my wife keeps harassing me...thinking about calling my lawyer.
hearing: Buddy Holly
eating: Chunky Stew of some kind...had way to many potatos.
drinking: Mt. Dew.
doing: Fixin' to hook up the new printer/scanner, been putting it off all day...printers hate me, wish me luck folks.
looking forward to: Tomorrow night, I pick up my friend from the airport in St L. We've been internet pals for several years and now we finally get to meet in person.
feeling: Harassed and oppressed, besides being groped for the past few hours, she keeps scooting the printer closer and closer to my desk, if I don't hook the printer up soon, I'm afraid the shorts are goners, as well as my dignity.
wanting: Her to go to sleep so I can get some peace.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 08:54 pm
Sweet. Neat about meeting your friend. We'll be expecting a summary.

Smile
0 Replies