Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 05:47 pm
@mismi,
Wearing: Black sports sweatpants, blue t-shirt from my old job at Biscuits and Bath, white socks, and Jack Skellington slippers.
Hearing: Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson talking to the bad guys on the last season of The Closer.
Eating: Finished half of a hoagies with salami, provolone, roasted marinated peppers, arugula, etc.... (The next half is for tomorrow!) A slice of carrot cake! YUM!
Drinking: Water.
Doing: Watching the last season of The Closer.
Feeling: Concerned about my future move at the end of September. Not knowing where I'll end up or if I can even afford the move.
Wanting: Don't ask....
ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 06:28 pm
@tsarstepan,
Wearing: crazy pink and white jean-cut capris, lavender cap-sleeve henley, burgundy Clark's, badly chipped red nail polish, super-high double ponytail
Hearing: radio feature about the righteous gentiles memorial garden in Jerusalem
Eating: nothing - had a burger earlier, some fruit and a choco chip cookie
Drinking: nothing, thirsty
Doing: thinking about the upcoming weather systems
Feeling: like allergy season has been verra verra long this year
Wanting: my eyes to settle down
farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 07:11 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing jeans and my TULANE tee shirt that got ripped and Mrs F sewed it up

Noting else to report
Swimpy

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 02:00 pm
@farmerman,
Wearing: powder blue sweat shorts, wine colored vneck tee, bare feet.
Hearing: rachael ray on the teepee.
Eating: just had a small bowl of rice.
Drinking: diet 7up.
Doing: trying to stay awake.
Feeling: oof.
Wanting: relief.
Looking forward to:lithotripsy at 6AM tomorrow and goodbye kidney stone!
ossobuco

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 02:01 pm
@Swimpy,
owie!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 06:55 pm
@2PacksAday,
2PacksAday wrote:

Wearing: Cargo shorts, darkish T-shirt, and 9 braclets.

thinking about 2Packs

hoping his recovery from the heart transplant yesterday goes well and that he'll back soonish - with more bracelets
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 12:54 pm
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr01/2013/8/28/12/enhanced-buzz-26859-1377707403-21.jpg
http://www.buzzfeed.com/erinchack/what-its-like-to-be-romantically-attracted-to-pizza
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 30 Aug, 2013 07:20 am
@Swimpy,
Wearing: retro-styled blue/green on white floral sundress with , silver fit flops, std jewelry (watch/rings/bracelets), sunglasses as hairband
Hearing: people yawning around me as they arrive at the office
Eating: nothing
Drinking:large tea, 1 milk/1 sugar
Doing: trying to feel motivated
Feeling: like I need a TUMS
Wanting: relief.
Looking forward to:going to the fair this afternoon with Brenda Lynn and Victoria - watching friends dance on the International stage
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 30 Aug, 2013 07:34 am
@ehBeth,
Try some Moroccan mint tea. The mint helps with digestive problems and the deliciousness helps with the ennui.
http://i41.tinypic.com/20t5y51.jpg
Feel free to share some of the tea with your friends and fellow employees. Very Happy
ehBeth

Reply Fri 30 Aug, 2013 09:41 pm
@tsarstepan,
I must have known you were going to say this - one of the things I brought back from the Ex is a box of Moroccan mint tea!

http://www.e5.ru/image/big/94/46/chay-basilur-vostochnaya-kollektsiya-marokkanskaya-myata-moroccan-mint-zelenyiy-bayhovyiy-krupnolistovoy_10174694.jpg

I had a large blackcurrant unsweetened iced tea while at the Ex and it did seem to help settle things down.

also picked up this

http://cdn2-cont9.sweetcouch.com/850133-basilur-bouquet-assorted-green-tea.jpg

and 4 boxes of this

http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.volusion.com/ytwzf.xhyru/v/vspfiles/photos/BR041-2.jpg?1332411915

and a box of this

http://cdn3-cont3.sweetcouch.com/287735-basilur-frosty-afternoon.jpg

and

http://resources.martjackhosting.com/5910f54a-403e-4561-a474-a94dbfc4b2cd/Images/ProductImages/Small/BasilurAssortedFruitL.25%20AM.jpg

and oh this too

http://www.foodesto.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/330x330/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g/r/green_100g_70249__08873.jpg

can you tell I love this booth at the fair?

http://www.basilurtea.ca/siliders/banner-4.jpg
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 06:26 pm
Hey Swimp - How're the kidney stones? All gone I hope. No other pain like it. That and having my 9 lb baby felt the same. Horrendous. Hope you are all better.

Wearing: pink shirt. I rarely wear pink. A bit uncomfortable in it. Straight leg jeans, bare feets, hair is up.
Eating: I am in the middle of a detox. I am starving to damn death.
Scuse my French...as my best friends dad likes to say.
Drinking: water
Doing: distracting myself
Feeling: hungry
Wanting: food
Looking forward to: eating again.

That distraction thing ain't working so well...
Sturgis

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2013 10:04 pm
wearing: Olive green t-shirt, black trousers
hearing: heating pipes clanking, heat hissing
eating: just ate gelato (sea salt caramel)
drinking: had some water (from the tap)
doing: Internetting stuff
looking forward to: tomorrow and whatever it may bring.
feeling: moderately tired, kind of weird
wanting: the burning to stop in my legs.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2013 11:30 pm
@Sturgis,
wearing: my rose colored stretch pants that have stretched in odd places while in the dryer. These are my gardening pants or wear when not going out pants. My Bay Cities Market tee shirt (the place with the great meatball sandwiches). It's red. Tasteful at the front but with a full blown painterly ad on the back. I generally don't approve of ad tee shirts except when I do. Memories of meeting Perry (a2ker of yore, PDiddie) when a bunch of us got together in San Francisco. Tee shirt man, and on him, enjoyable. He's great.
hearing: my ears
eating: Just had some of the pollo alla cacciatora. Needs the chicken broth I forgot to add, recipes vary, and maybe some salt. Good though. The baby artichokes work, and the oil cured olives, my own additions from a long ago and long gone recipe.
drinking: bourbon, milk, ice
doing: Internetting stuff, mostly about fantasy football
looking forward to: some reconnecting with friends far away, need to email more.
feeling: moderately tired, kind of weird. I'll second that, Sturgis.
I can't find my damned blood pressure wrist cuff. How the hell could I lose it? I'll have to stop looking so it'll appear.
Luckily, I've now kept many notations on my pressures on the new pills and I see how they work, and have the timing down, but not having the cuff is scary. I can't get a new one until my soc/sec shows up at the bank in two weeks. But, it has to be here somewhere, I know I didn't throw it out. If worse comes to worse, I think my neighbor will have a bp monitor as she told me she's got heart stuff going on (and she's young, like 50). She's the one whose house caught fire something like five years ago (the furnace) at 4 a.m. Good woman.
wanting: the burning to stop in Sturgis' s legs. Geez, I didn't know about that.
Swimpy

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 07:20 pm
@mismi,
I am MUCH better now, thanks for asking, Mismi. It took a while though.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 07:22 pm
@Swimpy,
Swimp!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2013 05:01 am
@Swimpy,
Quote:
I am MUCH better now, thanks for asking, Mismi. It took a while though.

I am so glad to hear that. The trauma caused by those tiny little things is unbelievable. Take care. Wishing for NO MORE STONES!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 04:51 pm
@ossobuco,
wearing: Black sweatpants, white socks, tan t-shirt;
hearing: The first episode of season 2 of Supernatural.
eating: Nothing. Considering tackling a pint of ice cream.
drinking: Water.
doing: Watching Supernatural. Praise be Netflix and their wonderful streaming library.
looking forward to: Moved into my old address where I lived over a year ago. This time I moved into a postage stamp of a tiny room. Despite that, unfortunately it is only a temporary residence as my landlord is contemplating selling the house in January. I had to move back to Queens because there wasn't any other alternative housing showing up as an option. So I'm looking forward to finding and moving into a more permanent and slightly larger (just enough to hold my stuff) residence.
feeling: Tired and ...
wanting: More stability and a New York city based close friend to boot.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 05:25 pm
@tsarstepan,
Thinking of you, Tsari. I almost pm'd you during this month. I knew you were stretched out. Glad for the temp place.

wearing: jean shorts, bright turquoise tee that has Hawaii and a large flower embroidered on it. No, I've never been to the islands, tee from G'will.
hearing: slight house noise
eating: will hit the leftover chicken alla cacciatora soon
drinking: some sangiovese sipping
doing: keeping eye on NFL football
looking forward to: getting a grip on posting some of my art on some website, trying to decide what kind of place and grasping the mechanics of that.
feeling: good because of some connections with friends this week, including my ex and my cousin, and, extra especially hearing from Krista, my long time friend I met in embryology class in fall, 1960. She said that she had recently kept getting a disconnected number when trying to call me and was all upset. My phone is fine (I take it, sure hope so. Plus, Diane called me and that worked.) And she's ok., and no, not losing it, bright as ever. We talked at least a half an hour.
wanting: to finish peeling lemons and scraping away the pith in order to make Limoncello. I am impatient.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 05:53 pm
@ossobuco,
Adds, I had to talk with my bank manager on Friday (my bank manager, what a concept). Nice woman (what is going on with that, and she asked me about New Orleans. I laughed, another G'will tee.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 06:22 pm
@ossobuco,
wearing: black yoga pants, black sequinned fit flops, black tank, baby blue hoodie
hearing: news about the events in Kenya - disturbing
eating: raspberry strip danish - that's what the packaging calls it - tasty
drinking: Lady Grey tea with citrus sugar
doing: finishing off the laundry
looking forward to: costumes arriving from Egypt
feeling: relaxed after a fun weekend of concert/class/show/pack activity
wanting: staff