Creepy WIFI over-sensitivity

Sleidia

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 12:04 pm
Hello everyone,

Out of curiosity, I'd like to know if there are people who, like me, are over-sensitive to WIFI waves.

I've purchased 2 pcmcia cards one year ago, and at every attempt to use them, I always had to give up because I can feel the waves, especially in my hands. And it's a very creepy feeling. I just hate it.

So, am I alone?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 635 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Individual

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 08:39 am
WiFi has just a tad more energy than radio waves, so unless you're also picking up cell phone conversations and radio talk shows, it's all in your head.

Although, that would be a convenient excuse for the voices that tell you to do things at night. :wink:
0 Replies

Sleidia

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 08:56 am
Sorry but it's not in my head ! Smile

I can really feel the waves.

And I also clearly remember that the first months I used a mobile phone, there were times when I could guess a phone call or a short text message coming 2 or 1 second before it actually happened.

I guess I got less sensitive because I'm used to that but there is no way I can stand that WIFI wave when it's close to me.

One last thing : the magnetic mousepad you can usually find on laptops. I can't use it either. After a few minutes of use it makes me literally cringe and it feels like someone is peeling off the extremity of my finger.

Please ... don't tell me I'm alone ! Sad
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 09:08 am
Well, I really don't think it's possible to feel those waves,
but I'm willing to believe anything. Have you asked a physician about this?

What you really should do is get a friend to help you out with a little test. Measure out how far away the WiFi doodad has to be for you to be able to feel it. Then, sit facing a corner or something with headphones on while you have your friend alternate (in random order) bringing either an empty box or the WiFi thingamabob into that area. Meanwhile, you tell him whenever you think the WiFi whatchamacallit is close to your head. He tallies up how often you were correct, how many you missed, and how many you were wrong on (completely ignore the box data, that's just your control) and we have a quick answer.

If you really want to get to the bottom of this, you could do a more in-depth test comparing the ratio of correct guesses over misses and incorrect guesses with the values your friend gets when he takes the same test.
0 Replies

Sleidia

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 09:21 am
Call me stupid but I thought it was much more simple to ask around if others had the same kind of issue Wink

Anyway, I can't feel the waves when they are 2 metres away but the problem is that I can't work on my laptop and remain away from it at the same time Wink I think you get the picture.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 09:23 am
Re: Creepy WIFI over-sensitivity
Sleidia wrote:
Hello everyone,

Out of curiosity, I'd like to know if there are people who, like me, are over-sensitive to WIFI waves.

I've purchased 2 pcmcia cards one year ago, and at every attempt to use them, I always had to give up because I can feel the waves, especially in my hands. And it's a very creepy feeling. I just hate it.

So, am I alone?

Sleidia,
Welcome to A2K !
I got two words for you...
Tinfoil mittens.
0 Replies

Sleidia

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 09:35 am
I just found this : http://www.electrosensitivity.org.uk/

There is one personal story about WIFI.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 09:52 am
many cordless phones also work at 2.4ghz same as most wi-fi
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 09:59 am
Well, at least you're not alone. I'd still suggest the test, that looks like a pretty sketchy site. Better yet, try to find something from a science journal.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 02:24 pm
Gotta say that while its not impossible for one to experience the symptoms described, I find it physicologically improbable for a number of reasons having to do both with biology and the properties of electromagnetic radiation. To the best of my admittedly imperfect knowledge, claims aplenty exist for such symptoms, but lacking is clinical evidence for the actuality of same. Now, that doesn't mean per se such symptoms can't be real, just that they've never been - so far as I know - objectively, reproducibly confirmed and documented in a clinical setting.
0 Replies

Sleidia

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 02:38 pm
Here is an analogy :

When the wind is blowing on your face, you can feel it but it doesn't leave physical marks on your skin.
You can then go see your doctor and complain about the fact that you felt wind on your face and he would never be able to measure how much wind you received.

Because you feel something doesn't necessarily mean that it corrupts your organism.
0 Replies