Auntie Lowan's Christmas Recovery and Catharsis Thread!!!!!!

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 10:18 am
jespah wrote:
Woof, nothing dysfunctional, but mainly 'cause it's just us. Do have to call m'folks today, though. But that should go quick.

Must ... make ... the ... latkes ....

Ah garn.

You can do better than that!!!

Scratch a little deeper....there has to be SOMETHING there?????

Like...isn't Region a wee rubber mat, or something?

Running.....
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 10:34 am
dlowan
dlowan wrote:
[quote="BumbleBeeBoogie, Did you say rabbit??

The New Mexico Road Runners just love to eat them wabbits.

BBB
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 10:43 am
SHAKESHAKESHAKE

Wow, you are still up!

So far I've got nothing to recover from! Hurrah. We'll see how today goes...

I'm fortifiying myself with a Christmas Day bloody mary so that I might be prepared for whatever the day may bring.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 10:45 am
I just had a xmas morning whisky, I hope to get laid this afternoon.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 10:48 am
BBB
dyslexia wrote:

Aha! It's the perfect time for me to drop in on Dys and Diane unannounced just to watch the frustration develop between Dys and Diane. I wonder how long it would take Dys to throw me out in the cold.

BBB Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 10:49 am
the door is locked
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 10:50 am
dlowan wrote:
jespah wrote:
Woof, nothing dysfunctional, but mainly 'cause it's just us. Do have to call m'folks today, though. But that should go quick.

Ah garn.

Running.....

Yes <sob> he is a rubber mat, despite photographic evidence to the contrary (see the latest gathering topic, in North Amurrikah). But he's a very nice rubber mat and my family has accepted him, in all his rubber matted-ness. 'Course, I'm a dog. We're kinda flexible here.
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 12:21 pm
Re: BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

Aha! It's the perfect time for me to drop in on Dys and Diane unannounced just to watch the frustration develop between Dys and Diane. I wonder how long it would take Dys to throw me out in the cold.

BBB Laughing

Don't forget to take a camera.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 12:58 pm
Today is certainly far short of Picture Book material, but I've lived through holidays that were much worse. Dominion is holding.
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 03:10 pm
Maybe there's a cosmic change afoot. Maybe all the awful holidays of years past will stay just there, in the past. Maybe we can all look forward pleasantness and open mindedness and frank, rancor free discussions about politics and religions with family members and we'll all laugh at how petty we'd been to hold the grudges we clung to for so long. And, just maybe, I'll find that phone number of the guy that sold me this most excellent pot 'cause it's wearing off and I'm all out.
0 Replies

StSimon

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 03:35 pm
BlaiseDaley wrote:
Maybe there's a cosmic change afoot. Maybe all the awful holidays of years past will stay just there, in the past. Maybe we can all look forward pleasantness and open mindedness and frank, rancor free discussions about politics and religions with family members and we'll all laugh at how petty we'd been to hold the grudges we clung to for so long. And, just maybe, I'll find that phone number of the guy that sold me this most excellent pot 'cause it's wearing off and I'm all out.

That's one thing you have to learn about the holidays ... always double up on the HORS D'OEUVRES!! :wink:
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 04:00 pm
yeah and snacks too.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 04:06 pm
dyslexia wrote:

So?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 04:20 pm
i miss the days of christmas with my mom and family.

where christmas was a big deal.
where we woke each other up in the morning so everyone could open presents together, have coffee and then breakfast.
Where it FELT like a celebration and a big to-do as made over the morning.
dont get that here.
Ill make sure that is something i give Jillian when we have our own home do that in.
but for now, all is well and everyone is sober.

holy **** ( knock on wood)

this might not be a bad day afterall... ;-)
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 04:22 pm
msolga wrote:
Oh good! It's dys! He's been quite cranky the last couple of days!

He keeps insisting that he doesn't like me. C'mon.....what's not to like? Laughing
0 Replies

StSimon

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 04:28 pm
dyslexia wrote:
yeah and snacks too.

Absolutely, they're important too :wink:
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 04:33 pm
Well, it's been quite quiet here today.

Only one daughter could join us on today's festivities. With the other, we made it a nice dinner out to coincide with my retirement.

She's just about to finish a computer course which has been going on for a while.

It's a bit weird not to have both here at the same time.

Looking forward to a nice dinner in about 3 hours time. The best part of the season.

As someone else said, Christmas is what you make of it.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 04:43 pm
msolga wrote:
<dancing around the computer>

It's over, it's over, it's over for another year! YAHOOO! Very Happy

I'm picturing that this event occurred something like this:

http://www.altmanphoto.com/Yeah.fr.jpeg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 05:54 pm
djjd62 wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Mind you, it might have helped if I had plucked the turkey first......

a friend told me story about a friend who was cooking her first turkey, apparently she had no trouble recognizing the bag of giblets, but phoned her mother asking why they had packed a spring into the body cavity, after much head scratching her mother suggested it was probably the neck and could be safely removed and disposed of

A SPRING? It looked like a spring to her? What sort of springs had that girl been seeing....

BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
dlowan wrote:
[quote="BumbleBeeBoogie, Did you say rabbit??

The New Mexico Road Runners just love to eat them wabbits.

BBB

WHAT???!!! Aren't they cute little birds who go "beep beep"? You're killing my illusions!

boomerang wrote:
SHAKESHAKESHAKE

Wow, you are still up!

So far I've got nothing to recover from! Hurrah. We'll see how today goes...

I'm fortifiying myself with a Christmas Day bloody mary so that I might be prepared for whatever the day may bring.

Good luck.....Bloody Mary's are good for almost anything....vitamins!!!

dyslexia wrote:

Ohhhhhhhhh goody!!!

Like, in a manger??????

jespah wrote:
dlowan wrote:
jespah wrote:

Ah garn.

Running.....

Yes <sob> he is a rubber mat, despite photographic evidence to the contrary (see the latest gathering topic, in North Amurrikah). But he's a very nice rubber mat and my family has accepted him, in all his rubber matted-ness. 'Course, I'm a dog. We're kinda flexible here.

Oh, a mixed marriage? Good on ya!

Noddy24 wrote:
Today is certainly far short of Picture Book material, but I've lived through holidays that were much worse. Dominion is holding.

Get drunk!!!! That's my advice.

Do you get a new dominion every year?

BlaiseDaley wrote:

It's early days over there yet, isn't it?

Found the number yet? I could go a whiff if you have.....

shewolfnm wrote:
i miss the days of christmas with my mom and family.

where christmas was a big deal.
where we woke each other up in the morning so everyone could open presents together, have coffee and then breakfast.
Where it FELT like a celebration and a big to-do as made over the morning.
dont get that here.
Ill make sure that is something i give Jillian when we have our own home do that in.
but for now, all is well and everyone is sober.

holy **** ( knock on wood)

this might not be a bad day afterall... ;-)

Schniff......I know just what you mean, about missing the big deal stuff.

Heehee...I used to sing happy birthday to jesus quietly in my bed every christas eve before I went to sleep......and waking up really early, and going to look at the tree...and trying to restrain ourselves from making a noise and waking our parents....but not being able to.

Actually, christmas in my place sucked after my sister died, when I was 8.....and sucked mightily after my mum died, when I was 14...until I got to leave home and make christmas with friends.....after that it got to be fun again.

I do hope you get your own place to make YOUR christmas in very soon.....seeing it through kids' eyes is great.

Reyn wrote:
msolga wrote:
Oh good! It's dys! He's been quite cranky the last couple of days!

He keeps insisting that he doesn't like me. C'mon.....what's not to like? Laughing

Oh come on...there must be SOMETHING!!!

Tell us a little about your dark side!!!

StSimon wrote:
That's one thing you have to learn about the holidays ... always double up on the HORS D’OEUVRES!! :wink:

Yep, there can NEVER be too many horses' doovers, especially if you are a horse....
0 Replies

StSimon

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 05:56 pm
Reyn wrote:
msolga wrote:
<dancing around the computer>

It's over, it's over, it's over for another year! YAHOOO! Very Happy

I'm picturing that this event occurred something like this:

http://www.altmanphoto.com/Yeah.fr.jpeg

I've gotta say I wish I was there! Yum!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 01:32:31