Auntie Lowan's Christmas Recovery and Catharsis Thread!!!!!!

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 12:10 am
Well, Father Christmas is reeling rather drunkenly and repletely towards the East, having wreaked his usuel havoc downunder for those of us with less than perfect families.

For years, I was part of a group of friends (fellow orphlings and such) who maintained a 36 hour christmas party, where other friends wobbled in, fresh from family hells, to be succoured, pour out their stories of woe (my parents STILL don't get that I am GAY...Uncle Ben stuffed his fascist **** down all our throats again...Auntie May was passive aggressive until Mum cracked...etc.) fluffed up, cheered up, and fell in line to assist the next casulaties.

So...sit down, cuddle up......have a drink or a toke....so....who behaved badly? What infant wounds were opened up? Who did you yell at? You got drunk and broke Auntie Silvia's crystal AGAIN? Your mum had to be carried off by the mental health emergency team? Uncle Dick felt you up again? Yes, yes, I know you will never see your family again, there, there.... Oh, silent tension and an atmosphere you could cut with a knife? Oh no, they've been born again AGAIN? You had a great time? So did I...go and help him....

Here you can relax and let it all out...good and bad.

Who has the ice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 8,820 • Replies: 311
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 01:12 am
Company Christmas party at the country club. Two tickets for "adult" drinks, and two tickets for the door prize drawing, so it was fairly sober and restrained, though the bartender did like to pour - Crown Royal, no less, and I won a drawing of a door.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 01:24 am
WHAT???!!!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 01:43 am
Oh, all right. I won $100.00. Like a fool, I bought a tank of gas today.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 05:46 am
<dancing around the computer>

It's over, it's over, it's over for another year! YAHOOO! Very Happy
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 05:51 am
the whole family can't get together this year so it's gonna be a quiet affair, which is nice, we had a sort of mini xmas a few weeks back but it was more like a reg family visit than the horror that holiday's can ussually bring (although reg family visit can have their moments too)
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 05:54 am
Worked dayshift. Had dinner with friends after work. Only one drink, because I've got to work tomorrow. It was very civilised, but very enjoyable.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 05:56 am
That sounds very sensible, djjd! Very Happy

I might try that next time! Laughing

Now, as just about everyone else is missing right now, we can do anything we want! Outrageous threads, whatever ..... Hey A2K is ours, OURS right now!

Thinking, thinking ......
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 05:57 am
Surprised

Wilso!

You're here, too!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 06:08 am
So...what we gonna do?

Pour whisky on people's threads and set 'em on fire?

Graffiti rude words on all the rights' threads, and also incomprehensible Australian rude words, and pretend to be offended when they take 'em the "wrong" way?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 06:09 am
Oh well, looks like no one's talking then.

OK, byee!

I'm off!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 06:16 am
Weeeeeelllllll....what'm I then, chopped liver?

Not to mention the others who esponded?

Harrumph!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 06:21 am
Surprised Deb!

You must have been hiding. Didn't see you!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 06:22 am
dlowan wrote:
and also incomprehensible Australian rude words, and pretend to be offended when they take 'em the "wrong" way?

Shocked
strewth, are there any comprehensible australian words? Very Happy
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 06:23 am
what are yez all sayin' - can't understand a word
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 06:39 am
Was so not hiding!

And, the two VERY rude people in the cheap seats oughta make like wombats!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 06:41 am
Well it's only just past midday here- still a lot of eating and drinking to do.

Watch out, liver, here it comes!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 06:43 am
Not many folks posting on the Internet today- they're probably roasting chestnuts on an open fire, or something.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 06:43 am
dlowan wrote:

And, the two VERY rude people in the cheap seats oughta make like wombats!

I probably should report this to the moderators - purely on the grounds of incomprehension.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 06:44 am
So....sounds like nobody' killed anybody, and nobody is never speaking to anybody else ever again?

What sort of goddamn christmas IS this!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Auntie Lowan's Christmas Recovery and Catharsis Thread!!!!!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:17:49