Auntie Lowan's Christmas Recovery and Catharsis Thread!!!!!!

dyslexia

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 08:00 am
well, we are going to skip having a chrissie dinner today and I will prepare a roast with trimmings later in the week after the Osso gets here
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 08:08 am
dyslexia wrote:
well, we are going to skip having a chrissie dinner today and I will prepare a roast with trimmings later in the week after the Osso gets here

Damn, no chance of an incident, then!
Deb, I fear someone will have to make up a few whoppers to achieve the aims of this thread!
Greetings, BlaiseDaley & also McTag, who popped in & out very quickly a wee bit back.

Night night all. Bed time!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 08:09 am
BlaiseDaley wrote:
How's this, I'm at work franctically trying to get gas prices back up; they've fallen lately and this kind of thing can't be good for next years bonus.

Merry Day After to youse there in the underworld.

You I think we have to lynch.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 08:10 am
Now Dys and General Lee Daley are soooo good at whoppers!!!!

C'mon boys, whop it up!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 08:31 am
in all truthfulness about a week ago I got a chrissie card from my father, a blank card, no note no signature no nothing. (Mt fathers' PA statement) so in my evilness I immediately sent off a card to him with lots of scribbled notes and signed it "love, the dys and the lady diane" then yesterday I got a note from me mum saying how sorry she was that the father simply forgot to write anything on the cards he sent to meself and me brother (with chrissie $$ enclosed) family dynamics is so ugly sometimes.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 08:40 am
Oh dear.
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 09:01 am
I can't say I've got any horror stories. The wee one is visiting the grandparents, they live just shy of Newcastle so I'm here all alone. This holiday season I'm just trying to spread god's love... two legs at a time.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 09:20 am
I have a few not so happy memories of holidays from the past but hey it's all a part of life and it was what it was...I'm here now so it couldn't have been all bad.

Not so cheery moments included the fire department arriving as the smoke poured out of the oven from another over cooked meal...mother followed cooking directions to the letter when it came to time and oven temps. Never quite got the idea that each oven (gas at least) was variable and each meal needed to have its time for cooking adjusted.

Then there was the year the tree toppled over breaking a vase...mother ran to her bedroom in tears.
The year that my parents were in the middle of a huge argument and didn't speak to each other...me, my brother and my sister had to do the communicating...very weird.

And whatever happened to my train set? There it was on Christmas morning and the next day it was gone... a week later I heard my father was out of work so eventually I put the pieces together.

The Christmas morning where the stockings were hung but strangely empty.

Then the year that mother decided we should include our Jewish heritage...we would do the gift thing and partake in the foods but we still didn't hear what Chanukah was about...again, it was very strange.

These days I keep it quiet and usually low key, see a few people during the day at various locations and most years a trip up to Barre to see a few friends along with my cousin and his family.
My brother Frank is a life long military guy and not around this year, and my sister and her family are several miles south (and a few more miles to the west).

As my friend Pringles said, it's just another day on the calendar... good way to look at it, that way I don't get dragged down into sadness or any other insanity.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 09:25 am
BlaiseDaley wrote:
I can't say I've got any horror stories. The wee one is visiting the grandparents, they live just shy of Newcastle so I'm here all alone. This holiday season I'm just trying to spread god's love... two legs at a time.

You're in OZ??????!!!!!

Oh...the wee one is?

Good luck with the love spreading!!!!

Sturgis, indeed.

I remember the year I ran away from christmas...just walked out...the rellies were too awful.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 09:28 am
And the time I overcooked the turkey....I went to have a rest (we were taking it on a picnic, so I cooked it the day before) and went to sleep.

No fire brigades, though. Just a slightly singed bird.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 09:32 am
Mind you, it might have helped if I had plucked the turkey first......

kidding...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 09:38 am
BBB
Spending Christmas with my two mutts, Dolly and Madison. They get so excited when the doorbell rings. Their Christmas treats are my neighbors dropping in to bring me home made cookies and candy. I have such nice neighbors.

My son and daughter-in-law are finishing up the packing for their move from Florida to Albuquerque before the end of the year.

Hugs and kisses to everyone.

BBB Smile
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 09:57 am
Sturgis- Wow. Looks like you'll have some interesting chapters when you write your autobiography.

Ms D.- I don't know why I'm so surprised but I never equated Oz and turkeys, well not the fowl version at any rate. Perhaps you're better off sticking to wallabies.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 10:01 am
Wobblies indeed, you bad Daley!!!

Sounds like Albaturkey is become a very Mecca, BBB!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 10:10 am
Hey! People are still awake on this thread?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 10:10 am
dlowan wrote:

When I moved to Albuquerque in 2002, not knowing anyone except Asherman, I thought I was alone. Little did I know the rabble would be moving in before long.

BBB :wink:
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 10:12 am
Woof, nothing dysfunctional, but mainly 'cause it's just us. Do have to call m'folks today, though. But that should go quick.

Must ... make ... the ... latkes ....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 10:14 am
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
dlowan wrote:

When I moved to Albuquerque in 2002, not knowing anyone except Asherman, I thought I was alone. Little did I know the rabble would be moving in before long.

BBB :wink:

Did you say rabbit?

boomerang wrote:
Hey! People are still awake on this thread?

Dunno...shake us and see.

Isn't it daytime over there?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 10:15 am
dlowan wrote:
Mind you, it might have helped if I had plucked the turkey first......

a friend told me story about a friend who was cooking her first turkey, apparently she had no trouble recognizing the bag of giblets, but phoned her mother asking why they had packed a spring into the body cavity, after much head scratching her mother suggested it was probably the neck and could be safely removed and disposed of
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 10:17 am
Jespah
jespah wrote:
Woof, nothing dysfunctional, but mainly 'cause it's just us. Do have to call m'folks today, though. But that should go quick.

Must ... make ... the ... latkes ....

My Jewish friends in California used to make latkes and share them with me to celebrate Hanukkah. I do miss that tradition.

BBB
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 11:30:23