The Where Do I Go To College Game

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:31 am
My High School resume:
3.2 GPA
30 ACT
Tons of extracirriculars and such

I was thinking Depaul, but I'm a cocky boy and I think I could do better than Depaul. I live in Southern Mississippi and I would like to stay somewhat close to home, which means no Northeast or California. So I'm left basically with Chicago schools, SEC schools, and qualifying Liberal Art schools. So throw out some qualifying names and I'll start researching them, that way I can find out where I will go!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,021 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:33 am
Try Vanderbilt . . .
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 11:19 am
Loyola in Chicago is a great school.

According to U.S. News and World Report magazine the top schools are Williams, Amherst, Swarthmore, Wellesley, Carleton, Bowdoin, Pomona, MIDDLEBURY in Vermont, Colgate, Rhodes College in Memphis Tennessee, Milsaps right there in Jackson Mississippi,

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/ranklibartco_brief.php

When it comes to selecting a school check into any financial aid packages which may exist. As well as this, you should look around to see if there are any scholarships for which you may be eligible. Scholarships exist for all sorts of things...not just sports related. Some are given for whatever your field of study is, some are given according to what a parent's occupation is...if the parent is in a union there may be scholarships funded by the union. Are you a member of any particular religious organization? Do a google search on scholarships and see whats out there...California may still be a possibility! Are there any college advisors at your school? They too may be able to steer you towards schools and scholarships which would best suit both your needs and desires.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 10:53 am
Someplace where spelling is not a requirement for entrance.
0 Replies

carter9889

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 11:20 am
LSU
LSU
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 11:38 am
See if this is helpful for you:

http://apps.collegeboard.com/search/index.jsp
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 04:15 pm
neologist wrote:
Someplace where spelling is not a requirement for entrance.

See I don't need that so much...
0 Replies

geoffpaul

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 03:44 pm
Hendrix, in Arkansas, if you're cocky and looking for a liberal arts school, you'd love it.
0 Replies

Teperehmi

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 07:33 pm
Stay away from Ball State! Trust me! :wink:
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 12:05 am
With Ball State now out of the running, We've got a 2 school race, U of Florida and Depaul. I've applied, and now I wait to see what happens. Chances are I'll end up going to the more affordable of the two.
0 Replies