Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 07:34 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 649 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 09:37 am
Hmm... I cannot say that I agree with your classification of the human mental facilities.The demand for respect and recognition is a result of achievement. To excersise this demand is an attempt to raise yourself above those around you. It is not a good quality as I see it.

Even though the president of the united states thinks that his achievement is due some acknowledgement, others may disagree. Some might see him as the biggest bully in a long time.
0 Replies

List0ric

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 01:51 am
To be honest I believe the exact word is not 'Dis'ed' but 'Dissed' or 'Dissing'. It's a common word mostly used by rappers. However, it does have the same meaning as your 'Dis'ed'.

Tho I like your theory I do have to agree with Cyracuz. The only question it makes me have is the following;
What is it that makes us try to raise ourselves above those around us?
I mean; what makes us do it? what makes us want do do it?
0 Replies

coberst

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 05:50 am
List

I think that vanity is what drives us to try so hard to find things about the human species that are so different from the other animals on the earth. We try desperately to show that we are separate from the other animals not just in degree but that we are different in kind. We are as different from the other animals as a rock is different from a tree.

We are as different from the animals because we have a mind that transcends matter. We are, we claim loudly, comprised partly of spirit of which no other animal has. Just as we try to be better than our neighbor we try to be better than any other species. We are #1.
0 Replies

List0ric

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 06:06 am
who says we are? we are the ONLY species on this world destroying its own habitat. and that would make us
the worst species to live on this world, always longing for more, while we ad enough.
0 Replies

coberst

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 11:57 am
List

I was not speaking for myself but for what I consider our culture to be. I am in agreement with you. I suspect that if the human species were suddenly to disappear the whole world would take the year off and celebrate.
0 Replies

List0ric

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 12:19 pm
well, then we both agree to the fact that the human is NOT the best living creature (on this earth) :wink:
0 Replies