Wallace and Gromit

Don1

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:41 am
When this is shown stateside is the voice of Wallace Peter Sallis or has it been replaced by an American voice? Ta.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 743 • Replies: 7
No top replies

barrythemod

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 01:40 pm
Re: Wallace and Gromit
Don1 wrote:
When this is shown stateside is the voice of Wallace Peter Sallis or has it been replaced by an American voice? Ta.

They wouldn't dare.Peter Sallis IS Wallace.The only voice instantly recognisable from the north of England.All the films have been set there.Cobbled streets,terreced houses,the lot.Replace his voice and you would have to replace ALL spoken voices to match Wallace's.Loads of ADR involved.It aint gonna happen,but,knowing the US,I am prepared to be gobsmacked Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 02:21 pm
Well, Wallace has an English accent.... Does that answer your question?
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 03:00 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Well, Wallace has an English accent.... Does that answer your question?

Then why wasn't Arnie ADR'd to american? Is Austrian english easier on the ear :wink:
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 03:01 pm
Ask the Governator.
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 03:23 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Ask the Governator.

I'm asking you :wink: I don't think Arnie's registered on this board.
Do you want James Bond to sound like Clint Eastwood? Harry Potter to sound like DiCaprio? Kate Winslet to sound like Miss Piggy Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 09:02 pm
Re: Wallace and Gromit
Don1 wrote:

Don't know why I didn't think of this before,but the first three W&G shorts,A Grand Day Out,The Wrong Trousers and A Close Shave,were first released on Region 1(US/Canada) with no A.D.R.They were released a couple of months later on Region 2 (UK/Euroupe),even though W&G are homegrown UK Region 2 ?????????
Ardman's first feature,Chicken Run,was released in the US with no A.D.R.
Therefor no reason to expect ANY voice A.D.R. on "C O T Were-Wolf" Very Happy
I think this is a false alarm Cool
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 09:43 pm
I think most of us dopey Americans like English accents... we're more likely to want American actors to fake British accents (Johnny Depp, Renee Zellwegger) than to dub out a nice accent and replace it w/ American drawling. Very Happy I for one was appreciating the lovely accents in Harry Potter just last night, and being extremely grateful that no Hollywood nitwit had managed to set those movies in New York or some stupid thing.

And, of course, it would be sacrilegious to have anyone but Peter Sallis voice Wallace!
0 Replies