anybody got any questions

ossobuco

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 07:05 pm
<I am sooooo out of it>

but wait, I'm seeing my niece this weekend, she'll give me more words, ah, but not re the internet.
0 Replies

Agent of Change

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 07:11 pm
At age 29, I'm a cynical b*stard, but I went to church most weeks from ages 4 to 12, and my heart was about as pure and loving as any child's. And all I heard was the coughing, and the clicking of the heating pipes, and all I saw were a bunch of old people trying not to notice how few of them there were left alive.

It will take what would commonly be known as a miracle before I believe in any God again. I don't need a God to get me through the day, and based on past experiences, it looks like God doesn't need/want me either.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 07:13 pm
I could not imagine that God does not want you, Agent of Change.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 07:14 pm
Agent of Change,

God does want you. He loves you. There are miracles everyday, Steve. The miracle of birth?
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 11:01 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Agent of Change,

God does want you. He loves you. There are miracles everyday, Steve. The miracle of birth?

My mom described to me the births of all seven of my siblings in some detail as a young pup. I'm quite certain she never used the word miracle. This was a devout, quite stoic woman, who used to routinely council young mothers on the process. The words excruciatingly difficult blessing, however I do seem to recall.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 04:07 am
Did Tookie Williams deserve to be tortured to death like he was?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 07:02 am
He wasn't tortured (too many people like throwing that word around), he was executed. The state of California seemed to think he deserved it, and he probably did.

Now the question is not what he deserved, but what should he have been given. But of course, maybe Partyjohn can clear that up for us.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 08:05 am
Agent of Change wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
God speaks to those who have ears to hear and eyes to see.

Ah. I see. So it's my fault that the ears and eyes that He (allegedly) gave me weren't sufficient to notice Him?

Awwww, stop whining about how something you failed at is always someone elses fault.

Nothings anybodys fault anymore, it's always someone else.

Suck it up and be accountable for your shortcomings.

I'm surprised. Cynical bastards are usually more accountable for themselves than the general public. I know I am.

My question.....If everyone weather stripped, insulated, put the temp down to 68, wore a sweater, what else would they tell us to do to save on heating costs?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 08:09 am
Guess johnny boy got bored before he even started.

Why should we ask questions that will never be answered?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 08:12 am
CoastalRat wrote:
He wasn't tortured....
How would you describe the manner of his death? It certainly wasnt quick.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 08:21 am
I would describe it as being the legal manner of death as prescribed by CA law. Now, maybe we could get California to outlaw lethal injection and execute criminals in the same manner they killed their victims. That might not be quick either, but at least it would give some poetic justice to the whole thing.

Personally Steve, I would just as soon see the death penalty abolished and these animals given life sentences at hard labor. But until we manage to bring that change about, I'm not going to call executions torture. They are not.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 08:27 am
He was pleading with them to find the vein. They took 20 minutes. It was disgusting. The process might not have been torture in the normally accepted use of the word but it amounted to the same thing imo.

I'm glad you oppose the death penalty. But it seems for every one like you there are 10 Americans who would actually like to see prisoners tortured to death.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 08:32 am
I think you would find more people opposed if sentences for life would really mean that. And if maybe instead of biding time in a cell watching cable tv, reading and getting 3 square meals per day, they were put to work doing something useful. I'm all for bringing back the chain gangs and having them clean roadside ditches of trash that idiots seem to like to throw there. Something, anything to help pay for their incarceration.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 08:33 am
I hope you are joking Steve.I don't like the idea that those Americans I am in cyber communication with are in those proportions.

I heard that the Chinese have been discussing abolition.Do the Russians still do it.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 08:48 am
The United States is still in the company of countries such as Kyrgzstan Kazahkstan N Korea Uzbekistan (and china) in using the death penalty. Civilised countries such as Venezuala Colombia and Portugal abolished it many years ago. There is a de facto ban in Russia.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:04 am
Canada abolished the death penalty in 1962
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:17 pm
partyjohn will answer in do time. He's a busy guy.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:19 pm
Can we move the Tookieness over to the Tookie thread, and get back to topic here?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:29 pm
I don't have any questions...

of the poster.
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:29 pm
haha, I just now noticed I'm just hatched.

quack, quack

Wanda
0 Replies