MAGENTA SCREEN OF DEATH

dadpad

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 03:20 am
As i wish to fully appreciate the benefits of having a magenta screen of death I have used *sysedit* to install those colors. I now find myself in the unenviable positon of being unable to crash my system. so many people here seem to be able to do this and I feel quite inadeqate. Would any of you knowledgable people be able to assist. Laughing

Touch wood
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 617 • Replies: 2
No top replies

roverroad

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 01:52 pm
Reinstall windows. You'd be surprised what good it can accomplish. But then, if you're getting the Blue screen of death that means you're probably using Win 98 or older? Blue screen problems are most often Kernel related and that's hardware... I think we need more info to go in. Describe more about your computer, which version of windows, how old is the machine, and what are you usually doing when it crashes on you?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 02:52 pm
Read deeper, rr - dadpad ain't trying to prevent crashes, he's trying to initiate one. Prolly my fault the idea occurred to him Laughing

And trust me, NT kernel Windows variants can and do Bluesceen quite handilly, given proper motivation. They're even rather chatty about it, offering plenty of arcane text amounting to something along the lines of "Something went wrong and the operating system can't figure out what, why, or what to do about it. If this message continues to appear, please reinstall Windows" along with a whole bunch of essentially unhelpful stuff the authors of Windows thought might be worth cluttering the screen with.

dadpad, crashing one's machine is a deeply personal matter, and I would never assume to impose my own preferences on another. You're on your own, there, kid Laughing :wink:

However, in the interest of just being helpful, you could try terminating an Lsass service with task manager - any svchost entry is a decent candidate, as is winlogon - that'll usually do it.
0 Replies