Im 13 and i weigh 10 stone

Lucy92

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:39 pm

Hello my name is Lucy, i am 13 years old. I weigh nearly 10 stone and i am very conscious about my weight. However, i do not want to talk to my doctor about it because i feel that they cannot do anything. I do all sorts of sports including; Football, Rugby, running. And i have PE double on a wednesday afternoon. I really want to become 8 stone again, but i no it sounds impossible but i would love to achieve this by christmas. So i feel fresh and thin for 2006. If anybody has any suggestions on how i can achieve this, i will much appreciate it. Many Thanks Lucy Leslie 13
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,041 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:45 pm
At 13 you should not be considering any kind of serious dieting. You are still growing and your body is developing and adjusting to many things. 10 stone is not the end of the world. If you are active, and it sounds like you are, then that is excellent - keep it up.

In terms of improving what you eat, try cutting out sodas for a while (coke, etc.), eat more vegetables and cut back on chips, chocolate, cakes. You can change the way you eat to try healthier choices but this does not mean the weight will fall off you by Christmas. In fact it is not a good idea to set a date so close to have to lose weight by. Set more reasonable goals like 3, 6, 9 months and do it slowly. Fast weight loss tends not to stay off. It comes back just as quickly.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 03:02 pm
It is normal for girls around your age to suddenly gain some weight right before they have a growth spurt. You might suddenly find yourself 3 inches taller and still 10 stone.

Go and read the thread called "teen diets" for more info.
0 Replies

laydeesmallz

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 10:15 pm
im 13 i weigh 190
mi pants are 9 or 11 from stitchess
how do i loose this weight
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 10:23 pm
As Green Witch said above, there is a lot of good information in this thread.

Click on this link and read the first several pages, at least ----

Teen Diets
0 Replies