DO YOU CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS? WHY?

thunder runner32

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 10:50 am
justa_babbling_brooke wrote:
thunder_runner32 wrote:
Which denomination do you belong to JBB?

I am NON denominational. I cringe at these churches that condem everyone to hell, because they are not of their denomination.

I believe in God and Jesus. Even though I attend a church ......... my true church is inside of me. It consists of my love and my belief, and my faith. And within those perimeters, I strive to keep out the negativity and wrong doings of many of todays churches and the teachers within them.

Smile If that makes any sense!

Yes'm. Smile
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 09:12 am
My family celebrates the birth of Christ, and tries to keep the focus on that as much as possible.

While others may debate what others celebrated hundreds of years ago on the same date, etc, I think that giving the world a chance once each year to reflect on the birth of Christ is a good thing.

Since no one knows the date, or even the year, He was born , any date chosen will be somewhat arbitrary. So if it kicks a pagan festival off the calendar, it's not anything that will upset me.

A Blessed Nativity to all and a very happy new year as well. May each experience peace on earth thru Christ Jesus our Savior and goodwill toward men.

Take good care.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 01:47 pm
real life,

I wish you the Merriest of Christmases in our Savior's Name.

It would be so wonderful if all could keep their mind on what is the true meaning of Christmas (at least for some) ~ the dear Savior's birth!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 08:41 pm
Real life,
You have just said something similar to what I wrote on the Christmas tree thread that Momma Angel started.

May the peace of the Lord Jesus touch every heart and soul as we celebrate this most blessed time of year.

A very Merry Christmas to all.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 09:12 pm
Intrepid,

I wish for you and yours the Merriest of Christmases! May God's peace be with you and yours!
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 11:21 pm
I try to celebrate Christmas every day....give or serve others in some way.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 11:41 pm
Bartikus,

I wish we could all carry through the year with that loving spirit. What a difference it would make in this world.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 12:55 pm
I celebrate christmas for the loot!!

Very Happy
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 11:35 am
Cheers for loot!! Wink
0 Replies

nick17

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 03:18 pm
thanks for your thoughts. i hope you all had a good christmas.
0 Replies