I Want A Real Christian Discussion! Take Two

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 01:55 pm
It looks like I posted this in the wrong thread previously. I am hoping I now have it in the Christian Usergroup. So, let's try this again.

I was so happy to find this Christian forum. However, it doesn't seem there are too many that are posting. Is there a reason for this? Maybe just not that many signed up?

There are so many things going on in today's world that Christianity can have such an impact on. I would love to discuss some of these things. Things like:

1. How do you handle it when you come across someone that speaks of God in the most debase of terms?

2. How do you keep yourself from lashing back at them when you feel attacked?

3. Do you just accept this kind of behavior or do you admonish them?

I would love to have some real discussion. Any takers?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,029 • Replies: 5
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 01:56 pm
ma, fyi, this is an open forum as I believe all are currently.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 11:03 am
dys is correct. There is no specific Christian forum.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 11:22 am
1. How do you handle it when you come across someone that speaks of God in the most debase of terms?

If I find their language or attitude negative or offensive, I leave. Same with anyone else.

2. How do you keep yourself from lashing back at them when you feel attacked?

I keep myself from lashing back by remembering that Grandpa and Dad taught me to "kill them with kindness." It takes all the wind outta their argument when they no longer have anything negative to say about you, OR when your actions / words completely contradict what they are saying about you.

I also try to remember that 'lashing back' would make me just as out of line as they are if they are lashing out at me.

3. Do you just accept this kind of behavior or do you admonish them?

What place do I have to admonish anyone? I don't accept it, as in internalizing it or allowing it to ruin my day. They are in charge of their behavior, and I mine.

Another thing I do if someone says something to me that is hurtful, out of line or out of bounds, I point out that they are out of line / crossing bounds, but I do so while picturing them as a child sitting on their momma's lap. In other words, everyone here on earth has a Momma, or someone that loves them. I try to pretend I'm one of those people BEFORE I open my mouth.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 03:16 pm
Just remember that he who angers you, controls you! The task ahead of us is never as great as the Power behind us and 1 cross + 3 nails = 4 given.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 06:05 pm
squinney and Intrepid,

Excellent advice from both of you. Thanx so much!
0 Replies