How do I list a GED on my resume?

Linda W

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 11:12 am
I am trying to create my resume and I don't know how to list my GED in the education portion of the resume. Can anybody help me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 43,177 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 11:21 am
Linda W.- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

Quote:
A GED can be listed as a High School graduate. If the GED was achieved through a local school, then list the name of that school. Otherwise, leave off the name of the school. Or you may choose to list the last school attended or the school district name.

http://cl.idaho.gov/cjs/cjsbook/resume6.htm

I saw this, but I don't know. I think that what matters is the job that you are seeking. If it requires a high school education, you might want to use the guidelines shown above. If you have experience in the field in which you are looking, I would concentrate on training and experience in that field.

If you think that it is necessary, I would go for:

High school graduate- Date

Anyhow, good luck on your job search!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 11:42 am
And don't worry about how it will be received. Some will respect you for going back and finishing, some won't. It averages out.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 11:46 am
I would list the school and the graduation date (date you received your GED). Only colleges and universities seem to care whether it was a traditional diploma.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 04:00 pm
On my resume I just listed GED - the year. No one has ever asked me a single question about it.
0 Replies