The Kingdom of Heaven

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 10:14 pm
Has anyone seen the movie The Kingdom of Heaven? It's about the crusades and the taking of Jerusalem by Saladin. I watched it yesterday. I was very impressed. Not only did it show the fanatical side of Christianity and Islam, it showed the part of Christianity I believe is the real Christianity; the love of Christ and the caring, etc.

The movie never really got into the story of Christ per se, but I thought His message was very well put forth. Anyone else see it? Your impressions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,001 • Replies: 7
No top replies

husker

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 11:54 pm
Saladin seemed pretty smart.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 11:59 pm
Saladin was portrayed as a very wise man. While his soldiers wanted the war and to kill all the infidels Saladin was willing to some terms.

In that respect, I think they were trying to show that all religion does not mean fanatic.

Saladin was extremely effective in tearing down the walls of Jerusalem. I liked the very the last thing Saladin said. He was asked, "What does Jerusalem mean to you?" At first, he said, "Nothing." He started to walk away and turned around, crossed his fists over his chest and said, "Everything." It was pretty powerful. He allowed the Christians safe passage out of Jerusalem.

It was very moving.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 11:59 pm
Wikipedia has a good article on Saladin
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 12:01 am
Quote:
He was also renowned in both the Christian and Muslim worlds for his leadership and military prowess tempered by his chivalry and merciful nature during the Crusades.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 12:04 am
Very good article. It appears that the movie had a lot of historical truth to it. Raynold was portrayed rather truthfully it appears.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:55 pm
I'm going to rent it based on your recommendation, MA.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 02:16 pm
I think you will enjoy it Tico. The overall message of where the Kingdom of Heaven truly lies was very inspiring.
0 Replies