[RESOLVED] My computer hangs up like anything

timberlandko

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 08:22 pm
Laughing ... sounds like that author mighta benefitted from a bit more research Laughing

Just another quick suggestion here - check the close-out and refurbished machines available on the major computer vendors websites - if you're looking just for a new "tower", there are some great bargains to be had, and the machines generally come with the same warranty as the vendor's general market product, or may be very cheaply upgraded to as-new warranty. Worth thinking about.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 08:37 pm
timber : refurbished towers can be had quite cheaply locally - usually returned from government offices; we've got plenty of those in town.

my friend - who is a nice but stubborn fellow - insisted that his pen and ink sketches would have to be incorporated within the text . the printers suggested that the sketches go on a separate page ... end of story.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 05:16 pm
My computer hangs up
I assume you got a reconditioned machine, or acquired one from a friend. If the latter, can you ask about its previous history?
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 05:31 pm
got my computer back from the shop on saturday . needed a good "cleanout" - the technician suggested i cut down on keeping "junk" files - he's right - i'll try to do better (!?) . hbg
0 Replies