Website Editor for Mac

Tarah

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 06:22 pm
I have my own website and want to be able to edit it. I've downloaded Contribute for Macs (still on free trial) and I can't get it to work.

Do you know of a more simple way I can edit my site on my Mac? Most of the editors to download are for PC's. I don't want Dreamweaver as it's too complicated as I'm not building a website only changing the odd word or so.

So far I'm having to email the web designer each time I want to change it and it's not fair on him.

I'd be grateful for any help.

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 722 • Replies: 4
No top replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 04:02 am
Bookmark
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 09:42 am
Thanks. I wonder though if you could be a little more specific as I looked at Bookmarks, editing, Mac on Google and couldn't quite work out what I was meant to be looking at.

As you can tell, I'm not overly good at this.

Many thanks.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 09:52 am
Sorry Tarah, I did not mean for you to look up anything. Bookmark means, I'm interested in the thread, but have nothing to contribute at the moment.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 04:14 pm
Hi,

On Macs I just use a text editor, just like on Windows or Linux platforms.

I don't use my macs enough to have a solid preference for text editor like I do with windows (EditPad) or Linux (nano) but here are the candidates:

Smultron, SubEthaEdit, TextWrangler, TextEdit.

Fortunately I'm on a mac now so I could look them up, but I don't know them too well, they are just the result of exensive search for a better text editor than the mac default and a wee bit of use. I still sometimes just edit through command line on a mac.
0 Replies